Speculation: Could changes be coming to Calgary?

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
And we should not trade Monahan for zacha
I mean... why wouldn’t we want the younger, cheaper, better two-way option who also scores more at 5v5 with much worse linemates? Not saying Zacha is my first choice at all and would definitely shop Mony around before looking at Zacha but also don’t really have any reason to believe Monahan will regain his 2018 form given his consistently meh performance over the past ~100 games. Zacha outscores Monahan per minute since 2019 and is a far better posssssion driver on a much worse team

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I mean... why wouldn’t we want the younger, cheaper, better two-way option who also scores more at 5v5 with much worse linemates? Not saying Zacha is my first choice at all and would definitely shop Mony around before looking at Zacha but also don’t really have any reason to believe Monahan will regain his 2018 form given his consistently meh performance over the past ~100 games. Zacha outscores Monahan per minute since 2019 and is a far better posssssion driver on a much worse team

I don’t know, maybe I don’t want another guy considering a disappointment with a career high 13 goals. Maybe I want to see if he can prove to be a good top 6 player. Dude right now is a middle 6, who cares if he is cheap. There is a reason he is cheap.

if they can’t package Monahan to upgrade the top 6, they should trade him for picks and do a complete rebuild... no reason to go for mediocre players

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We aren’t getting that lol.

I don’t think I would move Johnny for less. Especially since it sounds like he wants to stay in Calgary. Johnny is at least 2-3 tiers a player above Hischier. Hischier is a great 2-way C, but he’s not even a franchise one. Johnny is an elite winger and a top 10 winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad