Speculation: Could changes be coming to Calgary?

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Tkachuk hasn't looked nearly the same since his headbutt with the Stars player last year.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Philadelphia:
Matthew Tkachuk

Calgary:
Nolan Patrick
Ivan Provorov
James van Riemsdyk
1st 2021
1st 2022
2nd 2021

how good do you thin Tkachuk is? Remove Provorov and 1st and it's closer, but both teams likely say no.

If Flames and Flyers get together on a deal I think Gio is more likely

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
That Tkachuck temper tantrum over a puck being gently tossed in his direction could not have gone over well with the rest of the team.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I think these players are gone.

Gio - he's freakin' ancient by now and a bottom pairing dman. He looks fatigued.
Backlund - he would get a nice return, he looks uninterested in being a Flame anymore.
Monahan - needs a change of scenery. 6M for a second line center who doesn't show in the playoffs? Flames are full of second line centers and are cheaper than Monahan.
Gaudreau - needs a change of scenery

Reactions: ivanlwan

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
That Tkachuck temper tantrum over a puck being gently tossed in his direction could not have gone over well with the rest of the team.

This is bullshit- it was a stupid, dangerous play that almost hit Tkachuk in the face. No one on the team saw it happen, but if they had they would have supported with a brawl. It's a f***ing bush league move by a dumb player, and the team would have absolutely supported Tkachuk if it hadn't happened after the final whistle (because Muzzin is a heartless punk.)

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
This is bullshit- it was a stupid, dangerous play that almost hit Tkachuk in the face. No one on the team saw it happen, but if they had they would have supported with a brawl. It's a f***ing bush league move by a dumb player, and the team would have absolutely supported Tkachuk if it hadn't happened after the final whistle (because Muzzin is a heartless punk.)

Oh come on LOL. And 48 hours earlier he drove his knee into Campbell's back.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Oh come on LOL. And 48 hours earlier he drove his knee into Campbell's back.

Yeah sure, a play that literally happens 8 times a game is akin to a full grown clown tossing a puck at a guy who isn't looking's face.

How about this, next time you play beer league, do what Muzzin did after the game. 100 bucks says you'll leave the rink with a black eye.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Yeah sure, a play that literally happens 8 times a game is akin to a full grown clown tossing a puck at a guy who isn't looking's face.

How about this, next time you play beer league, do what Muzzin did after the game. 100 bucks says you'll leave the rink with a black eye.

He clearly drove his knee into a defenseless goalies back.
My issue isn't that Tkachcuk got upset intially. It's the fact it went on for so long after Muzzin had left and he was dstroying Flames property. it looked odd.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Patrick straight up?

Sanheim + 1st?
Wow...those values are VERY different.

Sanheim has way more value than Patrick for those who don't know. Like WAY more.

Flyers are not going to trade for a LHD anyways so not sure why that guy mentioned Gio:

Provy(LH) Ghost(LH)
Sanheim(LH) Myers (RH)
Gustufsson(LH) Braun(RH)
Hagg(LH)
Hogberg(LH)
Zamula(LH)
York(LH)

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

He clearly drove his knee into a defenseless goalies back.
My issue isn't that Tkachcuk got upset intially. It's the fact it went on for so long after Muzzin had left and he was dstroying Flames property. it looked odd.

Uninterested third party here:

Tkachuk/Campbell was more dangerous and vile, but has deniability since it was 'a hockey play' (it wasn't).
Muzzin/Tkachuk was not at all dangerous, but against the cooooooode.

Whichever you think is worse is probably related to how much you think code bullshit matters. Sounds like the Flames room is struggling with this debate, too.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Add OEL and Hanifin and Lucic (50%)

To CGY:
Clayton Keller
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Barrett Hayton
Jason Demers (50%)
CBJ '21 2nd
PIT '21 4th

To ARI:
Matthew Tkachuk
Noah Hanifin
Sam Bennett
Milan Lucic (50%)
EDM '21 3rd

^ most convoluted, unrealistic proposal I’ve ever made? Probably. :)

How does either team ice a lineup, during quarantine periods? Calgary couldn't play those guys for two weeks.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Good point.

To CGY:
Clayton Keller
Barrett Hayton
Jason Demers (50%)
CBJ '21 2nd
PIT '21 4th

To ARI:
Matthew Tkachuk
Sam Bennett
EDM '21 3rd
I don't love Tkachuk and Keller as a base. Makes our top 6 even softer and I don't know about Hayton as I haven't watched him but stats aren't great.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
how good do you thin Tkachuk is? Remove Provorov and 1st and it's closer, but both teams likely say no.
If Flames and Flyers get together on a deal I think Gio is more likely

Ummm Hell no from Philadelphia

Lol. Provorov > Tkachuk

Whoa...
Provo could net Tkachuk by himself, not that PHI would be interested in doing that

That was a Jets fan making a proposal with a purpose of... well I guess you can guess what he was looking for. Includes stuff that naturally comes from your butt and some kind kind of tool to stir it

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Barring a massive locker room divide, I'd be shocked if Tkachuk was dealt.

If Calgary doesn't see this group contending in the manner that they'd like, I can see a retool. It's so difficult with the flat Salary Cap though.

Gio is still great, but nearing the end of the road, and I can see a contender being interested, if they have a need.

There is some dissatisfaction with Monahan, but he's appropriately paid for a 2nd line C, and at times has shown more upside than that. It's hard to replace what he brings, even if he hasn't met expectations. Some comments about him not showing in the playoffs, yet 8 points in 10 games last year...

Of course Bennett's name has been out there, but so far no deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad