Injury Report: Chris Kreider: Fractured Foot (Update 03/04/20: 4-6 Weeks)

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Like I posted in another thread. The NHL currently has 67 players with a cap higher then 6.5m, another 4 players not including Kreider is at 6.5m

That’s 71 players in the NHL that have the same cap or higher compared to Kreider. That number will surely increase after this offseason.

You will not get Kreider signed for less than 7 years in free agency. Yes he might be about 2 years too long on the contract. The Rangers have shown that they can move contracts when needed.

Kreider contract is also front loaded. I’m sure his salary cap number will be an asset at the end of this contract when maybe some teams want to hit the cap floor. Let’s not worry about what happened 5 years from now and worry about now.

This was a solid deal for us.

Capfriendly has 78 players with 6.5 or higher cap hit

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
glass half full view of the injury...some kids are going to be asked to take on bigger roles and more responsibility in playoff atmosphere type games down the stretch which is gonna be a great learning experience...sure its gonna be a lot harder to make the playoffs now, but it was gonna be tough anyway. so you combine that experience for chytil, kakko, gauthier, lemieux, buchnevich with a higher pick and its not all bad

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Lost my job after 22 years. U?
I’m so sorry to hear that. I think many of us can relate or at least harbor the worry of that happening.
I know it sounds trite, but often adversity leads to new doors opening and better things in the long run. Probably not where your head’s at right now, but I’ve seen it play out happily so many times I thought it worth mentioning.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
glass half full view of the injury...some kids are going to be asked to take on bigger roles and more responsibility in playoff atmosphere type games down the stretch which is gonna be a great learning experience...sure its gonna be a lot harder to make the playoffs now, but it was gonna be tough anyway. so you combine that experience for chytil, kakko, gauthier, lemieux, buchnevich with a higher pick and its not all bad

Definitely glass half full take I prescribed for myself, however I think these kids already have their hands full with all they could handle at this point.

Still if they can handle more - great, but if not - I wouldn’t make any long-term conclusions but unfortunately some would.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Definitely glass half full take I prescribed for myself, however I think these kids already have their hands full with all they could handle at this point.

Still if they can handle more - great, but if not - I wouldn’t make any long-term conclusions but unfortunately some would.

Young players can learn from experiences even if they struggle

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Not so sure about that

Wade Redden
Brad Richards
Girardi
Shattenkirk
Staal
Hank
Brendan Smith

Wade Redden? Last played a game for the NY Rangers NHL team 10 years ago? Why are you even bringing him up a decade later like Gorton and or JD had anything to do with that.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Really sorry to hear that. Do you have any leads on a new gig?

Rough day at work. Found out I'm going to owe thousands in taxes this year. Small potatoes in comparison to you.
Thanks to you and everyone else for the kind words... a few leads and maybe I’ll end up closer to NY. Never wanted to leave in the 1st place. Fiancée isn’t happy tho... she has a VERY lucrative business here in FL and her family and kids are here.

We just got engaged at Xmas.

Life is a rodeo sometimes ya know

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Lost my job 12/31/2019. Been enjoying time off though. Between unemployment, hooking, and selling medicinal flowers, I’m getting by ok for now.

I have faith in you!

How is the hooking life?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
serious question, is it me or whenever Kreider is out for a good significant amount of time, the Rangers usually go on a bad losing streak??

Reactions: NYRangers0723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad