Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
Lopsided in that it's 3-0.

The Caps lack of finishing ability was always going to be an issue in this series.

They need to be on the opposite side of the 3-1 games, but missing two key D hurts. A LOT
It is pretty lopsided, this rangers team isn't even clicking on all cylinders. Washington hasn't shown me they belong. They can't string a couple of passes, cycle game is a joke. They arent forcing the rangers to get on that other gear.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The reality is this Capital team just can't hang with the Rangers, or anyother team that could have grabbed the 1st spot in the East (FLA, CAR etc.) and really shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Their basically a rebuilding team with stopgaps at several important positions. You can see they're out of their element and they know it

I'm a firm believer in losing culture and tanking is bad but idk if there are really any positives for making the playoffs just to get your shit pushed in like this.
Rangers got slapped in the 2020 play-in in 3 straight games by Carolina and then beat them the next year in 7 games. So I always prefer experience like that over tanking.

Making it in is never a bad thing.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe the Pens or even Detroit would have given the Rangers more of a fight.

Some players on the Caps just look like they want to get this over quickely and go on vacation.....

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
For a guy with that username, you don't seem to know much.

Newsflash: Red Wings didn't make the playoffs. Cos they blew it and spent the last month of the regular season in freefall :laugh::laugh:

Yes we know it pisses you off. It's actually pretty hilarious. How many years is it since Red Wings made the playoffs??
Long time. Though I’ve seen my team win more Cups than just about any fanbase. The Capitals somehow won a Cup in 2018 but haven’t done squat with Ovechkin in the playoffs otherwise.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The games are on slower side. We expected that. Despite the score and 3-0, I think Shesterkin has bailed them out a bit during some sloppy, point blank plays.

I will say that even with the Rempe/Wilson/meh calls shenanigans, this series talk has been far more civil than what we've experienced over the last 3 seasons. So props to Capital fans for that.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Long time. Though I’ve seen my team win more Cups than just about any fanbase.
Wings were my second favorite team growing up (I still have a soft spot for them but haven't been as engaged since around the Zetterberg era ended and all my favorite players were gone) but I got to see the 94 win for NYR, and then I was fortunate enough to see Detroit being monsters. Got to witness a lot of cup wins during that time for teams I was cheering on.

NYR were always the first time I cheered but all my hockey numbers came from players on the Wings.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
As lopsided as the end result might be, I do think experiencing playoff hockey is important for the younger players (McMichael,Lapierre,Strome,Alexeyev etc.). There will be a day when those guys find themselves back in the playoffs and use the sting of this one as fuel for a better fate.

It does feel like the Rangers are coasting a bit, but I imagine they are still shellshocked from running out of GAS in the ECF two seasons ago. They have paced themselves WAY better this season (a big reason why I think they won the Presidents trophy) and have seemed to find the balance of pushing for the needed/go-ahead goal and then just going through the motions.

I think they know there is a battle on the horizon in round 2.........

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
For a fanbase that loves to crow about their "horrifying acts of violence," it's pretty hilarious to see all the DC area pearl clutching about Rempe and those goons Panarin and Lafreniere.
Or maybe it’s amusing to watch Ranger fans who were livid about those “horrifying acts of violence” defend their own team’s injurious head shots. Whatevs.

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
The games are on slower side. We expected that. Despite the score and 3-0, I think Shesterkin has bailed them out a bit during some sloppy, point blank plays.

I will say that even with the Rempe/Wilson/meh calls shenanigans, this series talk has been far more civil than what we've experienced over the last 3 seasons. So props to Capital fans for that.
Shesterkin was great last night. Otherwise Caps might have stolen that game.

Our arena is always flush with opposing fans because people who live here come from someplace else. So we learn to be civil, and maybe that carries over on line (though I will be the first to admit I can get snippy).

I’m glad the Caps are getting some NHL playoff experience for the young players. And when this series is over, Hershey beckons.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
This should have been the Red Wings getting pasted by the Rangers. Original six matchup. First meeting since 1950.

Instead, this overweight toothless Putin boy and his perennial playoff choking franchise took that final spot just to be golfing one week later. Pisses me off.
What’s funny is the wings are supposed to be up and coming while the caps have been transitioning to rebuild for two years and backed into the playoffs losing a bunch of games in a row but the other 3 teams sucked just that much more making this possible. Two up and coming teams and 1 veteran team that gave a billion dollars to a dman not ready to let go of the glory years all failed just a smidge more then the caps

Reactions: PlushMinus

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Pretty boring series, I know the Caps are outmatched, but they're playing like they're fine with losing this quickly.

Ovechkin is back to playing like he did in the first half of the season, just kinda standing around watching the play.

I was switching back and forth, came to the game and thought the Rangers were on a power play. Nope, Ovie's just hanging around in the neutral zone..........

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
What’s funny is the wings are supposed to be up and coming while the caps have been transitioning to rebuild for two years and backed into the playoffs losing a bunch of games in a row but the other 3 teams sucked just that much more making this possible. Two up and coming teams and 1 veteran team that gave a billion dollars to a dman not ready to let go of the glory years all failed just a smidge more then the caps
The Caps goalie got hot down the stretch. He's probably the biggest reason for why the gap in points closed late in the year.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
For a fanbase that loves to crow about their "horrifying acts of violence," it's pretty hilarious to see all the DC area pearl clutching about Rempe and those goons Panarin and Lafreniere.
its been only what 2 years since the rangers had to make a public announcement because they were so mad at wilson? come on bro. fans are fans no matter the side

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The Caps goalie got hot down the stretch. He's probably the biggest reason for why the gap in points closed late in the year.
The Redwings behind Yzerman haven’t done shit, you guys got beat out by an immensely aging core in Washington that had no chance to be in the playoffs in the beginning of the year. You’re watching us in the playoffs because we’re better than you, same to any Penguins fan in this thread chirping. Go cry about it

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
This should have been the Red Wings getting pasted by the Rangers. Original six matchup. First meeting since 1950.

Instead, this overweight toothless Putin boy and his perennial playoff choking franchise took that final spot just to be golfing one week later. Pisses me off.
I was a solutely rooting for the red wings matchup, would have been fun, plus we could have ended patry kanes season 2 years in a row

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Or maybe it’s amusing to watch Ranger fans who were livid about those “horrifying acts of violence” defend their own team’s injurious head shots. Whatevs.
The league’s non-response to that situation is why the Rangers are such thumpers
Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad