Injury Report: Chris Kreider: Fractured Foot (Update 03/04/20: 4-6 Weeks)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I had hopes for the Playoffs... but this might be the dagger. I see the team sputtering here without him.. Especially Zibs, hope I'm wrong.

I'll take a lotto pick as consolation.... a Weiner with some Kraut.

Reactions: belford22

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We've been fairly lucky as far as injuries this year. Something like this happened to Kreider a few years back towards the end of 13-14 I think.

Where we are we keep on going and hopefully we can keep finding ways to put up points.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Calling the contract bad because he fractured his foot on a random injury is DUMB. Literally cannot spin it any other way.

Just stop.
Crypto was pissed Kreider wasn’t traded but I thought he had changed his mind over the past few days. One unlucky blocked shot and the contract is all of a sudden horrible lol

Reactions: Captain Lindy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Calling the contract bad because he fractured his foot on a random injury is DUMB. Literally cannot spin it any other way.

Just stop.
it sucks but it doesn’t mean the signing is a bust. They didn’t sign him just for this year did they? It’s a 4-5 week injury and he will be fine. It’s more unlucky than anything. Bitching about how the new deal is now a disaster is just dumb

Didnt say the contract was a bust and didnt say the contract was bad because of this. C’on guys dont put words in my mouth.

contract was bad well before the injury but i’ve said my piece with that more than enough.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Didnt say the contract was a bust and didnt say the contract was bad because of this. C’on guys dont put words in my mouth

. Didn’t you say this contract is looking worse and worse? First of all it’s a ridiculous overreaction and secondly it is basically saying it’s a bust lol. Look I’m upset that we lost him because it’s late in the season and we are in the playoff hunt. But long term he will be fine. It’s not a injury that is gonna effect him at all going forward. So I get you are upset I am too but just take a breath lol

Reactions: belford22

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Bones heal pretty quickly people.

As long as they don't rush him back (Which this team has a habit of doing) this will not impact anything for him moving forward. Sucks for him but he'll be alright.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Bones heal pretty quickly people.

As long as they don't rush him back (Which this team has a habit of doing) this will not impact anything for him moving forward. Sucks for him but he'll be alright

Exactly. I know you wanted to trade him but at least you are being fair and objective about this injury which is not a long term concern other than happening when we are in the midst of a playoff chart which sucks

Reactions: CasusBelli

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Shitty luck, but not an ominous sign.

Look, this team has/is giving these kids a taste of meaningful hockey and what excitement in NY can feel like. This team is bonding and growing together and even if this is the “death blow” for the playoffs this year, they’ve made some pretty remarkable progress and everyone should be proud of them.

Worst case scenario? They lose two key players and they slide out of the playoff hunt. That would happen to a lot of teams, there’s no shame in that. But silver lining? They get a higher pick on top of the valuable experience they’ve earned.

Best case scenario? Other guys step up and this team starts to lay the foundation for a toughness that is going to make them truly dangerous someday.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I don't understand why NHL players don't wear skate fenders. He would have barely felt it if he was. If you're going to consistently block shots it makes sense to all wear them. You forget you're wearing them, they're very light and don't impact skating.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
While i still don't like the signing, it is what it is at this point. It's fortunate that this isn't a long-term injury career-wise though sometimes shit happens. And a lot of people in the other threads were talking about how we don't have to worry about injuries because Kreider's not been especially injury-prone to date.

But again, shit happens

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't understand why NHL players don't wear skate fenders. He would have barely felt it if he was. If you're going to consistently block shots it makes sense to all wear them. You forget you're wearing them, they're very light and don't impact skating.

Thats why he probably doesn't wear them.

Everyone should whether or not they're getting in front of shots on the regular though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00