Injury Report: Chris Kreider: Fractured Foot (Update 03/04/20: 4-6 Weeks)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Great. The signing looks worse and worse.

I don’t understand what this has to do with the contract he just signed. The new contract doesn’t even come into play till next season. This injury will not be long term, but unfortunately couldn’t have happened at a more worse time. Season is running out, and they are in a playoff race now.

But you know what, from what I read, looked like the entire team sucked last night, and both Columbus and Carolina lost. They had a playoff spot gift wrapped but f***ed it up. CK is the last one to blame.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
The contract is dumb, it's hard to not mention it whenever we talk about Kreider. Get used to it because we have 7 more years of it
I do not think his broken foot makes the contract dumb. It's dumb because he is likely to decline due to age or to a build up of injuries over the course of the contract. Perhaps this will show how weak or strong the depth among the forwards is. Depending on how it goes the Rangers may consider accelerating or slowing down this retool.

Reactions: NYRangers0723

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Some people need to relax CK was doing his job getting in front of a shot at attempt from the defenseman--he wasn't just skating around.

Broken bones heel-- actually bones heel faster then most sprains.

I get how some people feel like I knew this was going to happen after he just signed the extension but this is not the end of the world with Kreider.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Some people need to relax CK was doing his job getting in front of a shot at attempt from the defenseman--he wasn't just skating around.

Broken bones heel-- actually bones heel faster then most sprains.

I get how some people feel like I knew this was going to happen after he just signed the extension but this is not the end of the world with Kreider.

Exactly. Actually the bones that heal are usually stronger for a bit before it evens out to the surrounding bones. It will be no more or less likely to break in the future. If it's a simple break then you are typically looking at 4-6 weeks before he'd be able to play in a game again. If it's more complicated/surgery required, then that's a different story. Morgan Reilly is still out from fracturing his foot two months ago.

As far as this as indication that he's injury prone? Is Zbad injury prone because he broke his leg in his first season with the Rangers? Stepan when he broke his tibia? Zucc when he broke his head or his hand?

This isn't some soft tissue non-contact injury, concussion or a ligament tear which have longer term repercussions. Different sport but look at guys like Stanton, Sanchez, and Judge. Non-contact muscle pulls/strains galor. Now that's injury prone.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Blocks a shot. Fractures his foot. Cant wait for the idiots to com out of the woodwork to complain about the contract and use this as evidence. Cannot wait.

Don’t have to wait they have already come out in full force.

Also, @Riche16 sorry to hear that man. it’s stuff like that, that makes you realize there is more important things to life than a hockey game . Hope you can find something soon.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is EXACTLY why we shouldn’t have re-signed him. He’s old and his body is breaking down.

If Kreider was 22, his foot would have fractured the puck.

There goes the rebuild. #FireGorts.

:scared:

I feel a Chuck Norris joke coming on here.

Reactions: Kupo

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
This is EXACTLY why we shouldn’t have re-signed him. He’s old and his body is breaking down.

If Kreider was 22, his foot would have fractured the puck.

There goes the rebuild. #FireGorts.

:scared:

there is something called value analysis which seems to escape some.

Oh, he could have broke a foot at any age goes hand in hand with “we have to sign him”

just as

this isn’t a playoff team anyway and if he goes down do we even have the depth to replace him?

Next man up? Who? It’s anybody’s guess. Let’s see how long before Ranger panic sets in with proposing to add another costly veteran at the expense of youth b/c our rebuild has shifted gears into a win now mode. (Meanwhile, Hank and Staal are still here along with potential more dead money due to buyouts).

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Most people are at least objective and understand that it was simply a bad luck incident even those who wanted to trade him. However there are a select few who have just made dumb statements about the contract being a bust lol. Kreider will be fine but it happened at the worst possible time that’s all. Doesn’t mean that it was a mistake to keep him.

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
Bright side - imagine if he broke it a week ago. Trade option disintegrates which changes leverage dynamic and he's probably still unsigned. At that point, he opts to test the UFA waters and without the desire to stay from being in middle of a PO run he signs elsewhere.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
there is something called value analysis which seems to escape some.

Oh, he could have broke a foot at any age goes hand in hand with “we have to sign him”

just as

this isn’t a playoff team anyway and if he goes down do we even have the depth to replace him?

Next man up? Who? It’s anybody’s guess. Let’s see how long before Ranger panic sets in with proposing to add another costly veteran at the expense of youth b/c our rebuild has shifted gears into a win now mode. (Meanwhile, Hank and Staal are still here along with potential more dead money due to buyouts).

Uhhh, I didn’t want CK re-signed, but I’m happy to took time out of your busy schedule to offer me that nice lesson you worked so hard on.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Uhhh, I didn’t want CK re-signed, but I’m happy to took time out of your busy schedule to offer me that nice lesson you worked so hard on.

was just posting in general and not calling you out.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Like I posted in another thread. The NHL currently has 67 players with a cap higher then 6.5m, another 4 players not including Kreider is at 6.5m

That’s 71 players in the NHL that have the same cap or higher compared to Kreider. That number will surely increase after this offseason.

You will not get Kreider signed for less than 7 years in free agency. Yes he might be about 2 years too long on the contract. The Rangers have shown that they can move contracts when needed.

Kreider contract is also front loaded. I’m sure his salary cap number will be an asset at the end of this contract when maybe some teams want to hit the cap floor. Let’s not worry about what happened 5 years from now and worry about now.

This was a solid deal for us.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Jean Ratelle in 72 loss probably cost us a Cup as he was only half force when he came back . Leetch busted ankle in 1990...Ulf in 79 broken ankle ...Leetch broken ankle getting out of taxi cab 93...LOL...Ranger luck .
Yeah... getting out of a taxi cab. Let’s go with that. To bad Messier wasn’t there to brace his fall.
:thumbu:

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad