Injury Report: Chris Kreider: Fractured Foot (Update 03/04/20: 4-6 Weeks)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
f*** this f***ing team's luck. f***.

I already wasn't having a good day. This and tonight's game is the icing on the cake.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Calling the contract bad because he fractured his foot on a random injury is DUMB. Literally cannot spin it any other way.

Just stop.

The contract is dumb, it's hard to not mention it whenever we talk about Kreider. Get used to it because we have 7 more years of it

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
giphy.gif
The contract is dumb, it's hard to not mention it whenever we talk about Kreider. Get used to it because we have 7 more years of it

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Hopefully, whenever he comes back he's able to skate as well. This shouldn't be a career altering injury right?

Uncle Sid

Nov 30, 2007
New Jersey
This injury sucks. On the bright side, I broke my foot (fifth metatarsal) a few years ago and I was back to work a few days later. Granted I don’t play in the NHL and there’s really no comparison. But my job can be pretty physical at times.

Point is, my break healed fairly quickly and I have no lingering effects, and surgery wasn’t required. Hopefully he will be back up and at it fairly quickly.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
It's gotta be one of the best aspects of his game that he injured too.

I'm tellin' ya man.

We tank now ?

Is there enough time ?!

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
. Didn’t you say this contract is looking worse and worse? First of all it’s a ridiculous overreaction and secondly it is basically saying it’s a bust lol. Look I’m upset that we lost him because it’s late in the season and we are in the playoff hunt. But long term he will be fine. It’s not a injury that is gonna effect him at all going forward. So I get you are upset I am too but just take a breath lol

too early to tell if long term he would be fine.could be a serious injury or could forever effect his skating

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Shitty luck, but not an ominous sign.

Look, this team has/is giving these kids a taste of meaningful hockey and what excitement in NY can feel like. This team is bonding and growing together and even if this is the “death blow” for the playoffs this year, they’ve made some pretty remarkable progress and everyone should be proud of them.

Worst case scenario? They lose two key players and they slide out of the playoff hunt. That would happen to a lot of teams, there’s no shame in that. But silver lining? They get a higher pick on top of the valuable experience they’ve earned.

Best case scenario? Other guys step up and this team starts to lay the foundation for a toughness that is going to make them truly dangerous someday.

There are different ways this can go and there is at least a pretty good silver lining in the worst scenario.

I think as far as last night it really f***ed up our lines. Hopefully we'll be more prepared on Saturday. Hopefully someone like Chytil or Kakko step up.

As far as the contract goes--I mean it would have better if it had been a 5 or 6 year term--that hasn't changed. But that doesn't even start until next year. It's a freak injury that also could have happened to anybody--taking a shot off the foot the wrong way and other teams are dealing with injuries too. It sucks but the team still needs to go on. Hopefully they'll be able to rally off of this. Look at it as a test of character.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Promote a kid (doubt Kraskov is ready) or move Kakko over maybe. Columbus has had to deal with far more injuries. Time for the kids to step up.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Injuries happen to almost every club and the teams that have depth work around it and the teams that don't either step it up or sink in the standings . Well...we have little in depth at this time and that is normal for a retooling/rebuilding club . I think we can expect to slip a bit unless somebody surprises us . If it happens so be it...it has been a good season and we have lots to look ahead to for the future and hopefully the team can grow from this which makes it better for next season . Lets face it...our goalies win the majority of our games and what we need now is to find that player that can replace CK's PP spot and provide the most offense for us on it . Myself I would like to see them use Trouba in front of the net and Gauthier . Gauthier moving forward might be the better for it looking ahead to next season when we could roll out CK and JG as #1 #2 in front of the net PP guys .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad