Post-Game Talk: "Bounces didn't go our way"

DALLER66

Nov 17, 2019
Looks like Campbelle is getting the start in LA too .. will leafs show up and play hard for their new tender ? I’d like to say yes but I have a feeling the leafs could lose all 3 road games against the worst teams in the league and we are back to square one and questioning this teams work ethic

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Looks like Campbelle is getting the start in LA too .. will leafs show up and play hard for their new tender ? I’d like to say yes but I have a feeling the leafs could lose all 3 road games against the worst teams in the league and we are back to square one and questioning this teams work ethic

The problems come when we stop questioning the teams work ethic.

We all know these guys don’t have it in them to be consistent over a period of time.

Reactions: DALLER66

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
You can't get lucky bounces if you keep passing yourself out of the offensive zone after long periods of possession. Someone has to shoot that puck at the net.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Heh heh. It's funny because in classic illustration of our bipolar fanbase, after 3 wins the narrative became "alright we'll come back from the West up 7 points" and I was thinking to myself "apparently folks haven't registered parity plus our inconsistency". It'll come down to the wire folks. Shouldn't but it will.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Classic for this current Leafs roster. They win a few games in a row and think that’s “good enough” and people get off their asses so they no show for a game, have a “gut check” and repeat the cycle again

It seems like overall the team like to give just enough effort to get by so they don’t take heat from fans and media but doesn’t have the motivation to go past that

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Looks like I didn’t miss anything here.

It is really obvious to me that Kerfoot as a LW on the 2nd line absolutely messes that line up. It just doesn’t work for Tavares and Nylander. Would rather see Engvall there until Mikheyev is back....

Onto the next and work for a better result....

Reactions: LeafsRus

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
so they make the playoffs then what? another heart break in the 1st round?

blame the team all you want but it is all on Dubas he ruined the cap; did not address defensive issues and traded away a good two way center for a garbage in kerfoot and barrie (pending UFA). And did not address the back-up situation when it was already too late

#ExtremelyFrustratedFan

Agreed with everything here. He has made some questionable moves this season.. glad I didnt stay up for this game

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Looks like I didn’t miss anything here.

It is really obvious to me that Kerfoot as a LW on the 2nd line absolutely messes that line up. It just doesn’t work for Tavares and Nylander. Would rather see Engvall there until Mikheyev is back....

Onto the next and work for a better result....

I think Keefe is trying to get Spezza some games at center and higher up in the lineup, and the only way to do that is putting Kerfoot on the 2nd line LW. However really he could probably do Kerfoot-Spezza-Kapanen on the 3rd line and then have Engvall or Malgin move up to the 2nd line with Tavares and Nylander if he wanted to do that.

I felt that was a better game than the result indicated. Was not perfect, but it was a game we could have easily won. Jones made some really lucky saves and there were some bounces that landed perfectly for them to get some goals (including the one that was ultimately the game winner).

Reactions: qqaz

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Classic for this current Leafs roster. They win a few games in a row and think that’s “good enough” and people get off their asses so they no show for a game, have a “gut check” and repeat the cycle again

It seems like overall the team like to give just enough effort to get by so they don’t take heat from fans and media but doesn’t have the motivation to go past that

They are what they are. A .500 team with some loser points, similar to the 2017 team points wise, but that team was a lot more fun to watch because the effort was there every night. Can't say the same about this year's team.

Reactions: lottster14

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Good first, Awful second, decent third for the boys tonight. They couldn't control a puck for the life of them though, every pass and stick handle looked like it just bounced away from them.

Reactions: Rogie and ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Thought they were fighting the puck a bit. Lots of passes bounces off sticks.
Matthews with some untimely turnovers.
Nylander and Tavares weren't very good. Kerfoot needs to move off that line.
Tough to win when your top players aren't your best players.
Bright spot, Goalie kept them in and gave them a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad