Post-Game Talk: "Bounces didn't go our way"

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Because Sandin has really struggled lately even more then Lilly.

To me Tim has looked much more solid than Sandin defensively. Everytime I see him on the ice he's looked pretty decent and mostly makes good defensive plays and its good to see Keefe give him some PK time as well. I just wish he'd trust Tim with a few more mins a game up to 15 at least like he did with Sandin for so long. Give him 15 mins a night for a good stretch like Sandin got and then see how he does.

Also I liked how Campbell played mostly. Battled all night and gave the Leafs a chance for a while to try and get the win, but couldn't hold them in for the whole game.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
To me Tim has looked much more solid than Sandin defensively. Everytime I see him on the ice he's looked pretty decent and mostly makes good defensive plays and its good to see Keefe give him some PK time as well. I just wish he'd trust Tim with a few more mins a game up to 15 at least like he did with Sandin for so long. Give him 15 mins a night for a good stretch like Sandin got and then see how he does.

Also I liked how Campbell played mostly. Battled all night and gave the Leafs a chance for a while to try and get the win, but couldn't hold them in for the whole game.
Pretty much what I see. Sandin has been more noticable in terms of flashes, but Lilly has been the more steady player. It doesn't help all the games have been close or maybe Keefe would play him more.
The underlying numbers aren't doing much favors to him, but the eye test shows he's been alright. It's also too small of a sample size to worry about those numbers anyways.

Campbell is the only reason we still had a chance to win.

Reactions: klmdg

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Tavares and Nylander don't look so hot together at the moment. Maybe it's just Kerfoot is dog shit but Tavares needs grinders to be effective I think.. Would like to see this next season

Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Matthews - Marner

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
entire 3rd period was a giveaway fest by Matthews/Marner. Matthews' unfortunately ended up in the back of our net and probably lost us the game.

Terrible puck management by our forwards at the blue line. Just throw it deep, those 2 way too obsessed with making a fancy play some games.
break em up then

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Bad effort overall. Please take Kerfoot off the wing, he's looked much better at center. He's not overly skilled or strong, should not be playing with Tavares and Nylander.

horner

May 22, 2007
Marner loses the puck
Marner loses the puck
Marner loses the puck

Mathews lost the puck on the Kane goal
Taveras lost the puck all night
Nylander lost the puck multiple times

We lost the puck all night

We lost it is either the goaltender or markers fault everytime .

We sucked as a team

Campbell showed up that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: MJK and therealkoho

DALLER66

Nov 17, 2019
I bet a guy at work that leafs would
Go back to their normal ways and lose to a bottom dweller team and that Tavares would be at least minus 2 on the night .. looks like someone is buying my
Coffee today !

DALLER66

Nov 17, 2019
Also how does keefe not play Campbelle against La kings ? Leafs will lose against the kings , panic will set in and they will try harder and win in overtime against the ducks ..

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
so they make the playoffs then what? another heart break in the 1st round?

blame the team all you want but it is all on Dubas he ruined the cap; did not address defensive issues and traded away a good two way center for a garbage in kerfoot and barrie (pending UFA). And did not address the back-up situation when it was already too late

#ExtremelyFrustratedFan

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad