Post-Game Talk: "Bounces didn't go our way"

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
OH well! On to the next one. Entertaining game, Sharks got some bounces and we didn’t. Way she goes sometimes.

See how much easier that is than “f*** YOU TML YOURE RUINING MY LIFE”?

Some people in here need to listen to Overdrive for Al’s brother’s farmer

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Whatever... they deserved to lose 2 games in the standings based on that second period alone, disgusting, embarrassing, unprofessional, you name it.

Nylander... worst game of the season, completely out to lunch.
Tavares... up with the baby til 9 am?
Kerfoot... if he ever plays left wing again, Keefe deserves a demotion.
Holl... some of his passing makes you wonder if he needs glasses.
4th line... those guys are in the wrong league.
Marner... spectacular plays for big goals and then reverts to the Amazing Stupendous Turnover Machine.

Reactions: MJK

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Marner loses the puck
Marner loses the puck
Marner loses the puck
Seriously, it’s getting ridiculous. Somehow he only got dinged with one giveaway on the scoresheet, but he was turning it over constantly, mostly just on pure sloppiness. His goal was sick though.

Overall, a weak effort from the team. Matthews line was reasonably good, but the Tavares line was invisible. Team played sloppy hockey, and hustle was below average. Our weakest effort since the Ayers game. It’s true that the bounces didn’t go our way, but we also didn’t play very well.

Oh well, on to the next one! We should really get the wins in both LA and Anaheim.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
I don't know man...does Marner enjoy playing for the Leafs anymore? I just get this sulky vibe from him this year.

Last year he was the talk of the league almost every other game, seriously what happened to the fire with this kid? Something in his personal life must be eating at him - it's all I got??

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
OH well! On to the next one. Entertaining game, Sharks got some bounces and we didn’t. Way she goes sometimes.

See how much easier that is than “f*** YOU TML YOURE RUINING MY LIFE”?

Some people in here need to listen to Overdrive for Al’s brother’s farmer

Can you explain "Al's brother" to me? I spent 5 minutes Googling it today and I'm still none the wiser. I watch Overdrive somewhat regularly.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
kerfoot and malgin are dead weight and need to get out the lineup asap.

As soon as AJ is back kerfoot is gone. swap out malgin for korshkov or something.

can't lie though. this game was entertaining despite the result and shot totals after the first.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Seriously, it’s getting ridiculous. Somehow he only got dinged with one giveaway on the scoresheet, but he was turning it over constantly, mostly just on pure sloppiness. His goal was sick though.

Overall, a weak effort from the team. Matthews line was reasonably good, but the Tavares line was invisible. Team played sloppy hockey, and hustle was below average. Definitely our weakest effort since the Ayers game.

Oh I noticed them out there tonight. They were dominated just about every shift.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Gutless performance from Tavares. Willy was a ghost. Holl weak infront of the net. Marner flashed but continues to be a turnover machine.

Next 2 games are must wins.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
kerfoot and malgin are dead weight and need to get out the lineup asap.

As soon as AJ is back kerfoot is gone. swap out malgin for korshkov or something.

can't lie though. this game was entertaining despite the result and shot totals after the first.
Hate to break it to you, but AJ had knee surgery and is out the next 6 months. Mikheyev will be back soon, though, in as little as 2 weeks. When that happens, I can see Kerfoot sliding back to 3C.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Engvall/Mikheyev - JT - Nylander
Engvall/Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Malgin/Gauthier

Mar 26, 2010
They are going to miss the playoffs. They are running out of runway.

I predict an 11th Place finish in the east.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
We need our third line back

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Nylander - Tavares - Spezza
Engvall - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Gauthier - Agostino

or try:

Hyman - Matthews - Kapanen
Nylander - Tavares - Engvall
Kerfoot - - Spezza - - Marner
Clifford - Gauthier - Malgin

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
You can pay a few guys most of your cap and cycle nobodies through, but those few guys have to be worth it. On any given night we get about 1.5/4 worth of cap hit in performance.

Tavares is on track to make David Clarkson look like a steal at this rate

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
They need to shoot the freakin' puck on net more...frustrating with all that passing around ending up in missed opportunities.
agreed. too many players wanting to make the 'skilled' plays resulting in overpassing and turnovers. and too many unskilled players wanting to play a 'possession' game but have below average skills in passing and pass reception.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad