Post-Game Talk: "Bounces didn't go our way"

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
I like Dubas and believe he will get this team going in the right direction but the 2 things that have stood out to me as complete failures have been the backup situation and the return on Kadri trade. Yeesh.

Take your lumps and move on.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I don't know man...does Marner enjoy playing for the Leafs anymore? I just get this sulky vibe from him this year.

Last year he was the talk of the league almost every other game, seriously what happened to the fire with this kid? Something in his personal life must be eating at him - it's all I got??
He's always showing his top teeth like a chimp no matter what the situation. It's such a submissive gesture, so annoying to look at lol.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I like Dubas and believe he will get this team going in the right direction but the 2 things that have stood out to me as complete failures have been the backup situation and the return on Kadri trade. Yeesh.

Take your lumps and move on.

Valid critiques, but how can you even mention this after Campbell’s performance tonight...

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The bad news about this game, is that is this how you beat the Leafs.

Play a north south game, go straight ahead with the puck challenging the defense. If the Leafs D man is there, dump it in and chase it. If the Leafs D man looks beat, and it happens, then go for it.

Since the Leafs forwards do not bother to come back half the time, this is how you beat the Leafs.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Strong team plays us strong and it causes us to fold and look lost. Kings won't be much different to us.

Andersen against the kings Thursday and Campbell for Anaheim.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
entire 3rd period was a giveaway fest by Matthews/Marner. Matthews' unfortunately ended up in the back of our net and probably lost us the game.

Terrible puck management by our forwards at the blue line. Just throw it deep, those 2 way too obsessed with making a fancy play some games.

Reactions: MJK

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
entire 3rd period was a giveaway fest by Matthews/Marner. Matthews' unfortunately ended up in the back of our net and probably lost us the game.

Terrible puck management by our forwards at the blue line. Just throw it deep, those 2 way too obsessed with making a fancy play some games.
To be fair, Matthews and Marner were the only line that looked even remotely capable of generating offense. So I don't blame them for feeling pressured to create chances

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Marincin had no business being that deep on the 4th goal. He had no support behind him

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
To be fair, Matthews and Marner were the only line that looked even remotely capable of generating offense. So I don't blame them for feeling pressured to create chances

I agree but its become super 1 dimensional when we're losing, there's probably better ways to go about their objective than play insanely close to the blueline making passing plays

It's as if they think what they're doing is a cycle, but its really just 3 guys passing back and forth near the blue line, and nobody takes a shot

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Tavares is an average player with good hands around the net .
He is not a star and that contract will haunt them for years.

He's not playing well, no doubt, but if you look at his time in NY, he excelled playing with heavy wingers who could get a strong cycle going.

Nylander tends to overhandle the puck if they get possession in the zone and Kerfoot was like 0 for 10 on dump ins tonight, leading to one and dones.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Marincin had no business being that deep on the 4th goal. He had no support behind him

Agreed, i actually had to double check who was the 3rd forward on the ice at one point because Marincin was pinching nonstop. Still doesn't excuse Matthews on that particular play feeding a puck into the middle of the ice on a platter

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Disappointing loss

Things didn't run our way but we certainly didn't make things easy for ourselves with the effort in the 2nd

The game was there for the winning as well

Oh well, on to the nxt one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad