Around The League 2019-20 VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Lebrun, and supposedly someone from the Athletic, is speculating Blue Jackets and Anderson might part ways this summer with the way his injury has been handled as he's out for the season now.

Could be an interesting option for the Devils, maybe we could swap Butcher or Wood for him.

Or looking at the Blue Jackets roster, maybe something around Wood + Butcher for Anderson + Savard/Murray/Nuttivara could work out well. Blue Jackets seem to have a wealth of bigger, sturdier defenders that could shelter Butcher a bit and allow him to thrive. Devils could use any one of those defenders to either pair with Severson/Subban or shelter Smith/Bahl next year.

Last edited:

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
the way those things work, they would have quickly rebounded if they ever got on an actual winning streak.

True, but they never went on a significant winning streak under Hynes during his entire tenure here. Off the top of my head I think they pulled off 4 games once. Could be wrong about that since I’m just going off memory. Either way, a rebound seemed very unlikely after those first few games.

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Lol.. the Red Wings down 3-0 and being out shot 9-1 halfway through the 1st. They’re horrible!!

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Lebrun, and supposedly someone from the Athletic, is speculating Blue Jackets and Anderson might part ways this summer with the way his injury has been handled as he's out for the season now.

Could be an interesting option for the Devils, maybe we could swap Butcher or Wood for him.

Or looking at the Blue Jackets roster, maybe something around Wood + Butcher for Anderson + Savard/Murray/Nuttivara could work out well. Blue Jackets seem to have a wealth of bigger, sturdier defenders that could shelter Butcher a bit and allow him to thrive. Devils could use any one of those defenders to either pair with Severson/Subban or shelter Smith/Bahl next year.

I'd be really interested in Anderson, but if I'm him, I'm not doing anything other than a one year deal, I think. I suppose it really depends. If he think's hes' shot, I could see him taking a multi year deal, but seldom do I believe an athlete thinks that about himself. So I would assume that he's not going to take a buy low deal on himself coming off the injury. Play for a reasonable one year deal, ball out, hit unrestricted free agency the following year.

If he's interested in signing for longer than one year, I'm interested in trading for him.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Mikey Anderson might be good, but I wouldn't take the Kings calling up a defensemen in late February as an endorsement. Quick, name 3 defensemen who play for the Kings right now.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I vaguely recall reading at the time that the Devils table was surprised Popugaev was still available at #98. Most places still had him in the 2nd round but the thought was that he was a "tools but no tool box" type of guy. TSN's final list had Popugaev #54, while Anderson was #74. Sounded like the table had been targeting some other guys with the pick, but they pivoted and took the home run swing.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I know the Blue Jackets were riddled with injuries but this line-up is a hell of a thing. Stephane Matteau on a 2nd line in the NHL is not a thing I thought I’d see in 2020. Half of their forwards must be dead.

edit: He actually has two goals and one assist in four games. That’s pretty cool, go get ‘em buddy!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Howard started declining even before he was 30. He's been a poor goalie since even before Detroit became a poor team. Actually, long before it.

He's a guy that we need to stay away from at all costs. Him as a backup would be Cory 2.0 from this year. Don't even try it.

And it's not the team. Bernier has been mediocre, but he's been mediocre even on good teams. He's pretty much just playing like Jonathan Bernier. His career average is inflated by his fluke 13-14 season in Toronto. but he's been nowhere near as brutal as Jimmy Howard. And Bernier is also playing way more games than he averages in his career per season, because Howard is a burning waste dump of pus. He probably won't hit his career high in games played or even his second highest, but it's already his third most games played in a season.

Howard is 36 in a month from now and he's about as charred as Cory at this point. It probably smelled like burning human remains in the Little Caesars arena on Tuesday night when the both of them were out on the ice for warmups.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I know the Blue Jackets were riddled with injuries but this line-up is a hell of a thing. Stephane Matteau on a 2nd line in the NHL is not a thing I thought I’d see in 2020. Half of their forwards must be dead.

edit: He actually has two goals and one assist in four games. That’s pretty cool, go get ‘em buddy!

He actually got a new 2-way contract from them 10 days ago

Reactions: Guttersniped

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Kreider broke his foot last night
Not being a jerk, but I honestly wonder what would have happened if that occurred before the TDL. Do they trade Skjei? Do they re-sign him? Could they have traded him injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille