Around The League 2019-20 VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Santa Clara announced no large gatherings over 1k for the rest of the month so the Sharks are going to have to play elsewhere.

Hope the Devils do this for their final 8 home games simply so I can get my money back for them lol

Reactions: Patrik26

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Santa Clara announced no large gatherings over 1k for the rest of the month so the Sharks are going to have to play elsewhere.

Hope the Devils do this for their final 8 home games simply so I can get my money back for them lol

Better check your membership agreement, this is in the Sharks'

"Non-Refundable, Cancelation and Payment upon Breach. TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-RETURNABLE. Notwithstanding the language governing Preemption in Section 1, above, Sharks will not be responsible to Buyer for the cancelation or non-performance of any game scheduled at the Arena or for the inability of Buyer to use any Ticket due to any cause or circumstance beyond the control of Sharks, including without limitation strikes, lockouts, failure of utilities, quality of ice surface, restrictive laws or regulations, and/or acts of God. In the event the Agreement is canceled or otherwise terminated as a result of Buyer's breach of any portion of the Agreement, Buyer shall forfeit all monies paid to Sharks. This Section 4 shall survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement."​

Edit: Now that does not mean the Sharks won't actually refund tickets, but this is in their agreement.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

"Non-Refundable, Cancelation and Payment upon Breach. TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-RETURNABLE. Notwithstanding the language governing Preemption in Section 1, above, Sharks will not be responsible to Buyer for the cancelation or non-performance of any game scheduled at the Arena or for the inability of Buyer to use any Ticket due to any cause or circumstance beyond the control of Sharks, including without limitation strikes, lockouts, failure of utilities, quality of ice surface, restrictive laws or regulations, and/or acts of God. In the event the Agreement is canceled or otherwise terminated as a result of Buyer's breach of any portion of the Agreement, Buyer shall forfeit all monies paid to Sharks. This Section 4 shall survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement."​

Edit: Now that does not mean the Sharks won't actually refund tickets, but this is in their agreement.

They won't do this. It's just legal bs. You really think they are going keep everyone's money just to aggravate the largest part of their business? It would be silly because a large amount of those people would never come back.

On the Devils end I have a bunch of buybacks left so I'm only going to 3 of the last 8 home games anyway and 2 of those are this week. So I'm pretty much avoiding this anyway if actually happens so I'm basically covered. It wasn't because of this coronavirus mess, I had planned on using them for this time period all along.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
They won't do this. It's just legal bs. You really think they are going keep everyone's money just to aggravate the largest part of their business? It would be silly because a large amount of those people would never come back.

On the Devils end I have a bunch of buybacks left so I'm only going to 3 of the last 8 home games anyway and 2 of those are this week. So I'm pretty much avoiding this anyway if actually happens so I'm basically covered. It wasn't because of this coronavirus mess, I had planned on using them for this time period all along.

I dont think they'll hold up this legal stipulation in their agreement due to reasons you listed, but I felt it was important to share as the Sharks do not actually have to refund them by law.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
I still cant believe the Islanders let Lehner go... the dude got a f***ing LI tattoo and they let him go to sign Varlamov to, what, six years?

Lou is just NOT a good GM in the cap era. In fact hes simply bad

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm looking at the schedule, and I'd say there is now very low probability Arizona makes the playoffs.

Assuming they dont pull a top-3 in the lottery, it should land the Devils something like pick #12 or #13 in the first round.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I'm looking at the schedule, and I'd say there is now very low probability Arizona makes the playoffs.

Assuming they dont pull a top-3 in the lottery, it should land the Devils something like pick #12 or #13 in the first round.

Arizona’s pick will be around #9 or #10, book it!

They currently sit at #10, Minny is at #11 with a game in hand while being 3 pts up. The Hawks are in 8th spot, with a game in hand and 4 pts back of the Yotes but they’re playing the Sharks tonight, meaning if they win they can be 2 pts behind.

There’s no way they’re picking 12th or 13th.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Poor Simmonds, sent to Buffalo for a ‘playoff push’ and the Devils are tied with them in the standings.
They spoke about this on Spittin Chiclets on Monday. Apparently he was sent there to have a larger role and Simmonds didn't want to just be a 3rd or 4th line rental. Devils did him a solid after conferring with the Sabres about what type of role he'd have.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
They spoke about this on Spittin Chiclets on Monday. Apparently he was sent there to have a larger role and Simmonds didn't want to just be a 3rd or 4th line rental. Devils did him a solid after conferring with the Sabres about what type of role he'd have.

Interesting - though Wayne's ice time is down to 12:40 with Buffalo compared to 15:11 with NJ this season.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019

What the hell did I just read lmao

‘Acts of God’, ‘monies’?!?!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Interesting - though Wayne's ice time is down to 12:40 with Buffalo compared to 15:11 with NJ this season.
I mean I'm sure things can happen but it was basically laid out like NJ and Buff discussed this in depth bc of his reputation around the league and kind of had a mutual agreement as far as what they're going to do with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad