The Shirt Guy"Geoff" Fan Appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Jeff Marek and Doug McLean talked about t-shirt guy during the Minnesota and Vancouver broadcast.
Its all over the news in Canada.

It's important that Molson and Bergevin are embarrassed. Remember that this is an organization that stays relevant through image only.

T shirt guy making them look stupid is only a good thing.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
What do you think this forum is filled with
Rather be what the forum is filled with than a mindless lemming that follows foxhole moron bargainbin to the cellar of the national hockey league. If you wanna support people that don't care for the fans and are fine appeasing a group of bigots in the media so their egos can be stroked...go right ahead. There's no accountability in Montreal, winning a Stanley cup is not a priority and that sickens me. Yet here you are totally cool supporting this disrespect of the history and fanbase. JOKE!

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah, instead of a concensus of people who all see the same things, we're just mindless sheep who follow the herd?

And lemme guess.. those select few who support management are extremely enlightened and see the grand vision and plan?

Nah you guys clearly think really highly of yourselves and yet procede to encourage a 50 year old wearing excessively tactless t-shirts I wouldn't find funny in high school. Fans are fans are fans.

I don't like Bergevin... I want him gone. Your post has nothing to do with mine.

Crazy eh? I can hold multiple positions, one of which is wanting bergevin fired and the other is that t shirt guy reminds me of why sports fans can be completely embarrassing

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Nah you guys clearly think really highly of yourselves and yet procede to encourage a 50 year old wearing excessively tactless t-shirts I wouldn't find funny in high school. Fans are fans are fans.

I don't like Bergevin... I want him gone. Your post has nothing to do with mine.

Crazy eh? I can hold multiple positions, one of which is wanting bergevin fired and the other is that t shirt guy reminds me of why sports fans can be completely embarrassing

I swear I heard that from a stripper once. Doesn't mean she was truthful.

Funny how you interpret it as a fan embarassing himself. I see a consumer expressimg his discontent with a product he spends his money on.

Maybe you should climb down that pedestal and realize that your perception is skewed and that your moral value judgements say more about your own ego than anything else about Ron. (Or is it Rob? still can't remember which!)

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I swear I heard that from a stripper once. Doesn't mean she was truthful.

Funny how you interpret it as a fan embarassing himself. I see a consumer expressimg his discontent with a product he spends his money on.

Maybe you should climb down that pedestal and realize that your perception is skewed and that your moral value judgements say more about your own ego than anything else about Ron. (Or is it Rob? still can't remember which!)

My value judgements extend only as far as not being of the mind that grown men wearing T shirts like that reflect positively on the fanbase. However, I also want Bergevin fired. That's it.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
My value judgements extend only as far as not being of the mind that grown men wearing T shirts like that reflect positively on the fanbase. However, I also want Bergevin fired. That's it.

The point of his actions is how it reflects on management and ownership, not the fanbase.

Why does it even reflect badly on the fanbase? Again, this is a display of discontent, which is deserved, which is inevitable, just like the paperbags on the head of the legends statues. Just like the Leafs crowd before their big culture change. That's the aim. To shame them for their lack of commitment to what the fans want and pay for. Because they worry so much about their image (maintain image=maintain profit), the only way to get their attention is to shame them. This is an evolutionary driven act of our social brains. We shame those who do not seem to feel guilt for their wrong doings. Psychologically speaking, tshirt guy used a purposeful and adequate action to counter a perceived wrong that the antagonist refuses to admit or just plainly ignores.

Tshirt guy found a way to get heard. It will have an impact long term. You don't see it for what it is. You let your own ego and value system disorder make you worry more about how it makes you and the fanbase look..
(Explaining myself: shame vs guilt; there's no guilt in speaking out when one's been wronged by another, but there's perceived shame in that act for those who worry more about their image. People with normaly developped empathy will feel guilt when they know they've wronged someone, not because of how it makes them look, but rather knowing how the other person feels, whereas people with less empathy and more ego-driven will feel shame because of how it makes them look by others, not because they see and know how the other person feels about being wronged.)

Anyway... every single person I've talked to who heard about Ron in the last few days, don't seem one bit shamed by this, don't seem to reflect badly whatsoever on them.

But it's very telling about you

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

Jesus f***ing Christ...this world is so f***ing sensitive. Seriously, what is this world coming to that everyone takes offense to criticism? In this case Molson and Bergevin deserve it, they're dumb.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings with my post.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Same as MB. He is guaranteed to have jobs offered to him around the NHL. As much as the fanbase has grown to hate him, he is still very well respected and highly regarded around the league. So even if he has another 4 years to his deal, the Habs will be able to escape it because he will get hired elsewhere.
In a limited low position.

JFJ has been trying to get back to a GM job for what 10 years + ?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The point of his actions is how it reflects on management and ownership, not the fanbase.

Why does it even reflect badly on the fanbase? Again, this is a display of discontent, which is deserved, which is inevitable, just like the paperbags on the head of the legends statues. Just like the Leafs crowd before their big culture change. That's the aim. To shame them for their lack of commitment to what the fans want and pay for. Because they worry so much about their image (maintain image=maintain profit), the only way to get their attention is to shame them. This is an evolutionary driven act of our social brains. We shame those who do not seem to feel guilt for their wrong doings. Psychologically speaking, tshirt guy used a purposeful and adequate action to counter a perceived wrong that the antagonist refuses to admit or just plainly ignores.

Tshirt guy found a way to get heard. It will have an impact long term. You don't see it for what it is. You let your own ego and value system disorder make you worry more about how it makes you and the fanbase look..
(Explaining myself: shame vs guilt; there's no guilt in speaking out when one's been wronged by another, but there's perceived shame in that act for those who worry more about their image. People with normaly developped empathy will feel guilt when they know they've wronged someone, not because of how it makes them look, but rather knowing how the other person feels, whereas people with less empathy and more ego-driven will feel shame because of how it makes them look by others, not because they see and know how the other person feels about being wronged.)

Anyway... every single person I've talked to who heard about Ron in the last few days, don't seem one bit shamed by this, don't seem to reflect badly whatsoever on them.

It's a fair post. All fans should support in a way of their own choosing, and criticize as they see fit also.

Personally, I think passive acceptance of abject failure reflects much worse on a fanbase than seeing them rise up and let their dissatisfaction and anger be visible, audible and palpable.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Jesus ****ing Christ...this world is so ****ing sensitive. Seriously, what is this world coming to that everyone takes offense to criticism? In this case Molson and Bergevin deserve it, they're dumb.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings with my post.

I'm not offended by it I'm more surprised how many people find it funny. I find it kind of weird that a man his age takes the time to do that.

It appears I'm the one who has offended people here by disagreeing, tragic. I'm not asking you to agree with me and I'm not asking you not to find it funny but I just find it kind of classless and sad. I also want Bergevin gone.

Hope I didn't offend your sensibilities by being too sensitive

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I'm not offended by it I'm more surprised how many people find it funny. I find it kind of weird that a man his age takes the time to do that.

It appears I'm the one who has offended people here by disagreeing, tragic. I'm not asking you to agree with me and I'm not asking you not to find it funny but I just find it kind of classless and sad. I also want Bergevin gone.

Hope I didn't offend your sensibilities by being too sensitive
Yup, the guy's definitely too old to have fun.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Molson and Bergevin have had this coming for a couple of seasons now. The fanbase has been relatively tame in respect to public acts of defiance.

They should consider themselves lucky that a few Tshirts at an away game is the extent of fan protest. It could be a lot worse and in much worse taste.

Much respect to Rob. He's one of the few fans attending games that actually have the balls to publically voice the opinions that most of us voice on here.

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Please do go on and explain what's telling

In any case I understand your point

You're also right t shirt guy is jesus himself

hero we need but don't deserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3