The Shirt Guy"Geoff" Fan Appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
I'm the one taking it too seriously? Probably but I'm also not the one *****ing every day on this forum non stop. I enjoy watching hockey in general. While I want Bergevin gone I also watch less because of it. I don't go to live games.

I have nothing against you expressing yourself, the shirts are funny but I did find them embarrassing... for me. You're welcome to disagree with me and you're about the tenth person to do so here.

I listen to TSN690 and sometimes some of the people they get on the show make me cringe, it's not that I don't want them calling in to express their opinions it's just a guttural feeling.
I couldn't agree with you more, there are callers on TSN690 that make me roll my eyes as well. But in the end Habs fans are made up of a huge cross-section of people and personalities. Who am I to hate on someone just because I dont like what they call in to say. They are exercising their opinions. Not everyone is an Ivy League scholar, but they are human and deserve some degree of respect for their passion even if it doesn't align with your or my thoughts and opinions. Ive spent around 30k this year to warch 11 road games and I have witnessed 1 victory! So... Do you think someone should be pissed at that point or smile and love it. Its my choice to spend that money, thats on me. But at some point I still want a little return on investment. And it's not $$, its a little pleasure in seeing my team win which I have rarely witnessed this year. Its time for change after 6 1/2 years and it needs to be made public, the fans are DONE with Bergie. I am open to listening what you would recommend as a way of doing that, you have me curious. Surely you have a message for Bergevin since you've said yourself you want him gone... So what would you do?

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
Well Jack Todd has finally blocked me as well probably because I found this picture of him that he is not fond of.
JPG_20180312_161921_774695543.jpeg

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
I have a question for Mr. Guy:

Has the organization given you any trouble or made any comments in regards to your shirts?
Nope. Nor can they. As long as you don't threaten anybody's life or make horrible threats you aren't doing anything wrong you are allowed to express being discontent. As long as you use good judgement you should be fine which is why I would encourage people at the Bell Center to start doing the same.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nope. Nor can they. As long as you don't threaten anybody's life or make horrible threats you aren't doing anything wrong you are allowed to express being discontent. As long as you use good judgement you should be fine which is why I would encourage people at the Bell Center to start doing the same.

Just out of curiosity, you mentioned that your working colleagues contributed to the t-shirt slogans you ended up going with. How much does your work environment know of your passion as a Hab fan and how far you've been willing to go in your quest for change? Are they generally accepting of what you're doing? Or do you prefer to keep it strictly to a few individuals you trust?

Reactions: tshirt guy

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
Just out of curiosity, you mentioned that your working colleagues contributed to the t-shirt slogans you ended up going with. How much does your work environment know of your passion as a Hab fan and how far you've been willing to go in your quest for change? Are they generally accepting of what you're doing? Or do you prefer to keep it strictly to a few individuals you trust?
Runner, theres no secrecy or anonymity in our group. I have a lot of Montrealers that work with me and we all hate Bergevin more than the other. Every single Hab fan I know or associate with south of thr border wants his head on a platter. We dont give a shit abot him or what he thinks. He has squandered all his rights in our view. Just look at what he's done!!! Seriously! Brought in King, Alsner, Ott, Drouin, Benn, etc and gave away guys that have all prospered in their departure. I mean I cant paint any clearer a picture. Almost 7 f***ing years of this shit! Even Stevie Wonder can see it. For christ sake this piece of shit needs to go. If we lived in Colombia he would have gone missing years ago! Nuff said.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

Have you had any traction from French media? Have you considered wearing shirts in French?

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
Have you had any traction from French media? Have you considered wearing shirts in French?
I had interviews on Friday with 2 french radio stations. Thenguys laughed and loved it on air. They were all over it. Jesn-Charles Lajoie had me on the air and another guy from the Athletic in between the 2nd and 3rd period.

Reactions: LeHab

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Runner, theres no secrecy or anonymity in our group. I have a lot of Montrealers that work with me and we all hate Bergevin more than the other. Every single Hab fan I know or associate with south of thr border wants his head on a platter. We dont give a **** abot him or what he thinks. He has squandered all his rights in our view. Just look at what he's done!!! Seriously! Brought in King, Alsner, Ott, Drouin, Benn, etc and gave away guys that have all prospered in their departure. I mean I cant paint any clearer a picture. Almost 7 ****ing years of this ****! Even Stevie Wonder can see it. For christ sake this piece of **** needs to go. If we lived in Colombia he would have gone missing years ago! Nuff said.

lol. it made think of upcoming post-season Mol$on's appearance -

"I just called (this press conference) to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care
I just called to say I love you (my dear Habs fans)
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart"

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Runner, theres no secrecy or anonymity in our group. I have a lot of Montrealers that work with me and we all hate Bergevin more than the other. Every single Hab fan I know or associate with south of thr border wants his head on a platter. We dont give a **** abot him or what he thinks. He has squandered all his rights in our view. Just look at what he's done!!! Seriously! Brought in King, Alsner, Ott, Drouin, Benn, etc and gave away guys that have all prospered in their departure. I mean I cant paint any clearer a picture. Almost 7 ****ing years of this ****! Even Stevie Wonder can see it. For christ sake this piece of **** needs to go. If we lived in Colombia he would have gone missing years ago! Nuff said.

It hadn't occurred to me that you'd be in the midst of so many Montrealers while living in the States. Well that gives your pursuit all the more gusto and you are the right man for the job. I'm with you on all the mindless decisions that have been taken under the auspices of "we're professionals, we know what we're doing, we have access to information you don't" BS. You and your working colleagues could have run the team from your offices on a part-time basis and there is no way you could have done worse. The only contract Bergevin has successfully negotiated is his own. He conned a beta-male passive owner into two long term deals, without proving much. That is the great legacy of that con man we're stuck with thanks to a group of owners who are so out to lunch it's laughable.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I had interviews on Friday with 2 french radio stations. Thenguys laughed and loved it on air. They were all over it. Jesn-Charles Lajoie had me on the air and another guy from the Athletic in between the 2nd and 3rd period.

Lajoie's a bit of a two-faced idiot. He plays the sympathizer on the one hand but go ask him who he thinks should be the next GM of the Habs. He's the same guy who believes we should bring back Therrien. On-air demagogues like Lajoie are the reason we cannot have nice things. Well, at least he gave you some air time, which is a great thing. One of the few Lajoie has done.

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
Lajoie's a bit of a two-faced idiot. He plays the sympathizer on the one hand but go ask him who he thinks should be the next GM of the Habs. He's the same guy who believes we should bring back Therrien. On-air demagogues like Lajoie are the reason we cannot have nice things. Well, at least he gave you some air time, which is a great thing. One of the few Lajoie has done.
I dont know the guy. Ive been gone 16 years and things have changed up there. I appreciate the lesson on who he is. He was nice and the guys appreciated my input. Who knows whats said when my back is turned.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I dont know the guy. Ive been gone 16 years and things have changed up there. I appreciate the lesson on who he is. He was nice and the guys appreciated my input. Who knows whats said when my back is turned.

I'll give it a listen and let you know if it happens. I usually listen during his show.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We need more Montrealers to do it at the Bell Center.

Maybe someone will make a run of these ...

$

It was inspired from a KingInGlory idea from another thread. It's the old rock t-shirt concept with centers printed in the back like a rock band lists cities where they're performing at.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Just look at what he's done!!! Seriously! Brought in King, Alsner, Ott, Drouin, Benn, etc and gave away guys that have all prospered in their departure. I mean I cant paint any clearer a picture. Almost 7 ****ing years of this ****! Even Stevie Wonder can see it. For christ sake this piece of **** needs to go. If we lived in Colombia he would have gone missing years ago! Nuff said.

That alone, to me, proves his incompetence. We badly need help at D, scoring and leadership: lets Radulov, Subban, Markov, Sergachev, Emelin go, then says we need players with character. Radulov and Subban are exactly the kind of players this team is missing. And we had them. I just can't...

Last shirt said "Bergevin Quit Tabarnak" doesnt get more french than that.

:laugh:

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
That alone, to me, proves his incompetence. We badly need help at D, scoring and leadership: lets Radulov, Subban, Markov, Sergachev, Emelin go, then says we need players with character. Radulov and Subban are exactly the kind of players this team is missing. And we had them. I just can't...

:laugh:
As much as we some wanted Emelin gone.... Alzner or Emelin who would you take? At least Emelin can hit. Alzner has Alzneimers and forgot hitting is part of the game.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->