The Shirt Guy"Geoff" Fan Appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Justafan22 posted this in another thread, containing several of Bergevin's mindless quotes, a complement to what the T-Shirt Guy has been using on his creations.

$

Last edited:

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
Any good reactions by the players or coaches?
The coaches are diplomatic and do what they are there to do. The players get a kick out of it. Some smiles, one busted a gutt in december had to bury his face in his gloves so the coach couldnt see him. And Im sure some players may feel otherwise. Some may actually like Bergie. They have a different relationship with him, so we can only guess.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another great suggestion comes from King In Glory:

Would love to see a shirt that quotes Bergevin's opinion on acquiring centers. While on the back of the shirt all the Centers that have been traded since his arrival in MTL...

As I responded to him elsewhere, it reminds me of the t-shirts rock bands use to promo their tour, where they list the name of every city on the back of the shirt -- here you could have the name of every traded center, configured in the same manner.

The latest ESPN moniker about Bergevin, when they dubbed him a "Disaster Artist", is so accurate.

The 6-year Disaster Artist Tour -- No centers available.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was the old guy Doug McLean who mentioned it and that the T-Shirt Guy had 9-10 t-shirts and was sitting behind Julien switching shirts. They laughed a bit but said that Bergevin and Molson probably didn't think it was very funny. The "anchor" guy Daren Millard asked if anyone had done that to Doug? He said yes, and told a story that when he was an assistant coach someone (an opponent fan) had sat behind and shouted at him and that he told the security staff at the stadium that the guy spat at him and got him evicted. It is still available to listen to through podcasts. For once they didn't spend half the show talking about the Leafs. In fact they spent the most time talking about Carolina Hurricanes and Ron Francis situation with the new owner.

Thanks for the heads up. I listened to it and had even transcribed everything they said but an untimely computer glitch caused me to lose everything.

And so, if anyone wants to give it a listen:

Hockey Central @ Noon
March 9: Connor Brown wants to get bigger and stronger
Originally aired March 09 2018

Hockey Central @ Noon - Sportsnet.ca

Doug Mclean and others spend quite a bit of time on it, once as of the 6:02 mark and a second time from the 13:00 mark or so.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm not black listed from anywhere lol... but you need to keep it going north of the border now. Many websites have ripped off my shirt from me now and are selling them. Instead of me asking them to stop making them, I will encourage people to buy them and wear them and have a beer in my honor at the Bell center.

Can afford the TShirt but not the Beer at the Bell Center...

tshirt guy

Jan 2, 2018
Palm Beach Florida
@tshirt guy were any of the players or Julien turning to look at you during TV timeouts ?
Players yes, some of the coaches too but admirably Julien stuck to the game like a true professional. For the record none of this is aimed at him or the players. Julien can only work with the tools he is given and sadly Bergie has cheated him in succeeding to his capacity.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Players yes, some of the coaches too but admirably Julien stuck to the game like a true professional. For the record none of this is aimed at him or the players. Julien can only work with the tools he is given and sadly Bergie has cheated him in succeeding to his capacity.
If I was getting 5 million a year I could look really really professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad