Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Yeah, I heard on the FAN the other day that the Isles have been cooking the books as far as attendance. They've only been seeing a gate of about ~11,000/game but were publishing higher figures. 11k is pretty bad when you have 16k seats. Sure hope nobody here bought seasons.

Yeah, pretty much everyone in the world except delusional Islander fans figured that much. That fan base has a massive inferiority complex, anyone who dares question their greatness is blasted. Things are not going well in Brooklyn at all

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Yeah, I heard on the FAN the other day that the Isles have been cooking the books as far as attendance. They've only been seeing a gate of about ~11,000/game but were publishing higher figures. 11k is pretty bad when you have 16k seats. Sure hope nobody here bought seasons.

I actually have seasons, and did OK with them last year. The main reason being that I got rid of a ton as soon as the schedule came out and before the bottom fell out of the market.

I kept them this year and have seats that are cheaper with better sight lines. Thus far, I'm not worried about being in the red for the season. The team is also giving me free seats for an event at Barclays and that has a value of a few games in case I eat a few.

Just like the Rangers, you need to be able to sell them to people without a middle man.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Yeah, pretty much everyone in the world except delusional Islander fans figured that much. That fan base has a massive inferiority complex, anyone who dares question their greatness is blasted. Things are not going well in Brooklyn at all

It really depends on how you look at it. From a revenue standpoint, the team is much happier.

I agree with you about a lot of people being delusional and having a complex.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

Sounds like mets and jets fans. Like me. :whine:

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
I actually have seasons, and did OK with them last year. The main reason being that I got rid of a ton as soon as the schedule came out and before the bottom fell out of the market.

I kept them this year and have seats that are cheaper with better sight lines. Thus far, I'm not worried about being in the red for the season. The team is also giving me free seats for an event at Barclays and that has a value of a few games in case I eat a few.

Just like the Rangers, you need to be able to sell them to people without a middle man.
you really should be ashamed of yourself as a rangers fan buying isles season tix....why in the world are you supporting the enemy with your hard earned money is beyond me

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
you really should be ashamed of yourself as a rangers fan buying isles season tix....why in the world are you supporting the enemy with your hard earned money is beyond me

I've said it before.... and I'm happy to rehash it. I often take my niece and nephew to games and they are too young to know who they are rooting for. I would rather spend $70 to take them to a game at Barclays than 3 times that much at MSG. It's also faster for me to get them home.

I enjoy going to hockey games and am fully capable of seeing some of my suburban friends at Barclays for an Isles game and I could care less if I leave early even if the Rangers aren't playing. I've also been upgraded to glass seats with club access plenty of times and the meal I eat is worth more than the value of the ticket.

The Islanders are probably going to to have a decent team that makes the playoffs and if they play the Rangers I have tickets at face....and can sell the rest pretty easily.

The Islanders have pricing based on the opponent and I enjoy going to the Rangers games without paying StubHub prices.

My share of the Isles tickets comes to just over $1500 and after the playoffs last season, my profit paid for half of that. It's essentially low cost entertainment and I get to take the kids and see my friends more often. My Rangers tickets cost me 18,000 per year for all the seats. The money I spend on the Islanders is trivial in comparison.

One of the benefits this season is a pair of seat to any event at Barclays. If I get two $100 seats to a concert. That is the equivalent of 5 seats that if I eat, I don't care about.

Last edited:

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I've said it before.... and I'm happy to rehash it. I often take my niece and nephew to games and they are too young to know who they are rooting for. I would rather spend $70 to take them to a game at Barclays than 3 times that much at MSG. It's also faster for me to get them home.
Be careful. My entire family is islander fans. I tried to subvertly drill the Rangers into my little nephew and got him hooked. When my brother and older nephew found out they were pissed and before I knew it the little guy turned to the dark side far more than Vader ever did.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Be careful. My entire family is islander fans. I tried to subvertly drill the Rangers into my little nephew and got him hooked. When my brother and older nephew found out they were pissed and before I knew it the little guy turned to the dark side far more than Vader ever did.

My brother in law is a Rangers fan...but when you take a 2-3 year old it's just easier to go somewhere closer to home and spend a lot less money. If your family ever needs Islanders tickets, PM me.

I'm a Yankee fan, they are raising the kids to be Mets fans. They are still very happy when I take them to an afternoon Yankee game. I'm not one of those people that takes what team someone roots for that seriously.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Does anyone know when they are likely to post the tickets to our account?

I thought last year they were already posted by mid August, but I could be wrong.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Probably not until after their public onsale where they sell the last 13 individual tickets available to about 9 games.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

This is just ridiculous. It's 1000X cheaper to go to Islander games than it is Rangers. For many Rangers fans based in BK or LI, it's also easier to get to.

I love the Rangers, but I also love hockey. Seeing two teams play is always fun and rooting against the Islanders in person is almost as fun as rooting for the Rangers.

xRKC

Apr 12, 2016
This is just ridiculous. It's 1000X cheaper to go to Islander games than it is Rangers. For many Rangers fans based in BK or LI, it's also easier to get to.

I love the Rangers, but I also love hockey. Seeing two teams play is always fun and rooting against the Islanders in person is almost as fun as rooting for the Rangers.

^^ This. Hockey is hockey. Last season, Islanders tickets went for around $10-$15 bucks on Stubhub the day of games. If you love the sport, and it's an easy commute, why not?

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
sorry your not a Rangers fan if you give your money to the islanders in support of buying tix and giving the enemy a revenue stream...you are in fact a traitor to rangers blue plain and simple...you are helping the enemy pay its bills!!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
You're not even giving your money to the Islanders, you're giving it to Barclays Center. The Islanders are getting their money regardless of whether you buy tickets or not.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
You're not even giving your money to the Islanders, you're giving it to Barclays Center. The Islanders are getting their money regardless of whether you buy tickets or not.

well, technically the Islanders will eventually get kicked out if Barclay's doesn't collect enough, just sayin' :D

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
exactly...your helping the enemy fill seats and get their bills paid...absolutely unacceptable, your a disgrace as a Rangers fan

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
exactly...your helping the enemy fill seats and get their bills paid...absolutely unacceptable, your a disgrace as a Rangers fan

lol

so, you're saying if you're on business in Pittsburgh you wouldn't check out a Penguins game and root for Crosby to get his face kicked in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad