Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
I'm kinda of new to this current way of posting tickets on the Rangers official ticketexchange program....how exactly does it work? when can I start posting tickets that I am not going to go to for sale on the rangers site?...I had season tickets throughout the 90's before all this complicated internet stuff...thanks for any replies

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm kinda of new to this current way of posting tickets on the Rangers official ticketexchange program....how exactly does it work? when can I start posting tickets that I am not going to go to for sale on the rangers site?...I had season tickets throughout the 90's before all this complicated internet stuff...thanks for any replies

So I'll refrain from making any internet jokes :)

But basically you manage all the tickets from your online Rangers account, if you don't have your password ask your rep. All your games will be listed there but they won't activate all the features right away. Usually they activate the transfer feature first (email tickets to someone else, your barcodes get cancelled). The post for sale feature is only enabled after the public onsale of individual tickets, because they don't want you competing with their $200 nosebleeds to see Edmonton. So figure a couple days after that sale. Then you can actually print your tickets in PDF format within 72 hours of the game.

When you go to post for sale, you select your tickets and set your price. You'll need to update your contact information and provide a bank account number for payments. The price you set is either your take-home, or the price before you pay the 10% fee. That pre-fee price gets marked up by another 15-20% to the buyer. So all in all, the Rangers/Ticketexchange typically end up with at least 30% of the transaction

slicer

Mar 12, 2016
Having some trouble wtih Craigslist. It seems my posts keep getting flagged for removal shortly after they are posted.

I'm assuming it's just broker bots that don't like me undercutting them on price?

Anyway to avoid this from happening? Quite frustrating.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Having some trouble wtih Craigslist. It seems my posts keep getting flagged for removal shortly after they are posted.

I'm assuming it's just broker bots that don't like me undercutting them on price?

Anyway to avoid this from happening? Quite frustrating.

hmm, well I haven't posted on craigslist in forever but from what I remember it's a giant cat and mouse game of one-upping eachother. Your IP and/or email may be on a blacklist for being flagged before if you repost similar content. Try a different IP and email, and make sure to change the wording around in both your title and content. I've found that $1 in the price line is much less likely to get removed than say $75 or $95 or whatever

Last edited by a moderator:

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
thanks Gordon gecko...so you cannot post a game for sale until 72 hours before the game? is that right...so if I want to sell a March game in October I can't? I would have to wait 72 hours before the actual game before I can post it for sale?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
thanks Gordon gecko...so you cannot post a game for sale until 72 hours before the game? is that right...so if I want to sell a March game in October I can't? I would have to wait 72 hours before the actual game before I can post it for sale?

the 72 hour rule applies to printing PDFs. You can sell any time before then through their exchange without any printing

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
They are really dragging their feet on shipping out tickets this year, hopefully they go out today

It would be nice to get a decent STH gift this year. We usually get nothing except random things during the year (last season I got a rangerstown flag in the mail). Islanders STHs got a hoodie this year, that would be a good one to get. What I really want is concessions credit, but we haven't seen that in years..

Prices are way up this season though, so there's always the possibility that they try to smooth the impact by throwing us a few scraps but I'm not holding my breath

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
They are really dragging their feet on shipping out tickets this year, hopefully they go out today

It would be nice to get a decent STH gift this year. We usually get nothing except random things during the year (last season I got a rangerstown flag in the mail). Islanders STHs got a hoodie this year, that would be a good one to get. What I really want is concessions credit, but we haven't seen that in years..

Prices are way up this season though, so there's always the possibility that they try to smooth the impact by throwing us a few scraps but I'm not holding my breath

Not likely. MSG laying off people and lost money even with these price increases.
http://nypost.com/2016/09/08/msg-lays-off-dozens-of-employees-amid-drop-in-revenue/

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT

kind of ridiculous, need hard tickets so i can get paid from some stubhub sales

werent we able to search for tracking last year by entering our acct # as the reference number on ups?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
kind of ridiculous, need hard tickets so i can get paid from some stubhub sales

werent we able to search for tracking last year by entering our acct # as the reference number on ups?

It will be trackable with the # once the labels are generated

I printed out all my shipping labels and there's a ridiculous number of overseas buyers. Not just sweden and norway like you would expect but I also have like 5 sales to Australia, double that from the UK, and some sales to germany & switzerland. MSG prices are definitely being propped in part as a tourist destination. That plus the corporate accounts means prices will stay high even in bad performance years

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
It will be trackable with the # once the labels are generated

I printed out all my shipping labels and there's a ridiculous number of overseas buyers. Not just sweden and norway like you would expect but I also have like 5 sales to Australia, double that from the UK, and some sales to germany & switzerland. MSG prices are definitely being propped in part as a tourist destination. That plus the corporate accounts means prices will stay high even in bad performance years

I had an issue with a UK buyer last year, took forever for stubhub to get it right, first they said they couldn't ship bc they dont deliver to UK then it was an additional charge then they finally gave me the label. Took at least 2-3 weeks to straighten it out

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC

Just saw a picture of the LA Kings 50th anniversary STH package. You'd think an original six organization would do stuff like this. They really do send you some decent gifts unexpectedly throughout the season, but give me more than a ticket booklet!

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Just saw a picture of the LA Kings 50th anniversary STH package. You'd think an original six organization would do stuff like this. They really do send you some decent gifts unexpectedly throughout the season, but give me more than a ticket booklet!

Wow, that's pretty nice.

We will get the same garbage as always. Maybe they will bring back to blurred player faces on the tickets again too! That was a nice touch.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
HA! The blurred faces made it to the walls of the 31st street entrance!

To the people here that have Knicks tickets also... Dod you remember the year the Knicks have "One Tough Ticket" that was almost impossible to tear when you went to the game. I think that was the same year the Rangers tickets were printed on the brown paper bags I packed my lunch in.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
For years I've thought about going ticketless (paper) but at the end of the day I always throw down the $25. I then proceed to go the entire season without using any besides perhaps a few that I put in the mail to a buyer. Even when I go to games I print them out from my account. I'm at least 90% to 95% electronic at this point...what about everyone else?

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
For years I've thought about going ticketless (paper) but at the end of the day I always throw down the $25. I then proceed to go the entire season without using any besides perhaps a few that I put in the mail to a buyer. Even when I go to games I print them out from my account. I'm at least 90% to 95% electronic at this point...what about everyone else?

always use paper tickets, even when going to the game. idk just something about the old school feel to it. It's also easier when selling bc if i sell something 2 months out i can get my money right away by shipping tickets vs having to wait all that time to send pdf

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

I use the hard copies. Annoying to print them for games and I like having the stubs for games I go to to save. I've collected the hard copy tix (when I can, road games I usually get PDF's nowadays) for years.

xRKC

Apr 12, 2016
If you opt in for the $25 for hard tickets option, do you also get the same online/print options? For some (dumb) reason, i thought it was one or the other. Also, when you sell hard tickets via Stubhub/TicketExchange, does the seller or buyer pay shipping? Thanks!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If you opt in for the $25 for hard tickets option, do you also get the same online/print options? For some (dumb) reason, i thought it was one or the other. Also, when you sell hard tickets via Stubhub/TicketExchange, does the seller or buyer pay shipping? Thanks!

Yes, you get both the hard tickets and online account manager. The buyer is the one that pays the shipping fee in StubHub. You set your price as a seller, StubHub takes 10% off that as your selling fee and then tacks on whatever fees to the buyer to your price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad