Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRKC

Apr 12, 2016
sorry your not a Rangers fan if you give your money to the islanders in support of buying tix and giving the enemy a revenue stream...you are in fact a traitor to rangers blue plain and simple...you are helping the enemy pay its bills!!

At surface level, I see what you're saying... but it's not that black and white. By definition, you're saying all the Ranger fans that attend away games are traitors...all of us fans that outnumber the Islander/Devils fans in their own home turf are traitors and aren't real ranger fans? Rangers have a great fan presence on the road... are those fans not real fans cause they are helping the other team's sales? :)

What would be the hopes of all Rangers fan boycotting the opposition? I don't want the Isles to relocate... I love the rivalry too much :yo:

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
At surface level, I see what you're saying... but it's not that black and white. By definition, you're saying all the Ranger fans that attend away games are traitors...all of us fans that outnumber the Islander/Devils fans in their own home turf are traitors and aren't real ranger fans? Rangers have a great fan presence on the road... are those fans not real fans cause they are helping the other team's sales? :)

What would be the hopes of all Rangers fan boycotting the opposition? I don't want the Isles to relocate... I love the rivalry too much :yo:

I would never go to see the Islanders play anyone besides the Rangers at the Barclays Center or wherever else they end up. I am a STH and would rather pay my $92 a seat to see a class organization play than a team that has been a total piece of garbage for about 30 years. They really thought they had a chance of signing Vesey didn't they!
I have heard the Rangers knocked on here by some but they are my team and I hate the Islanders.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
This is just ridiculous. It's 1000X cheaper to go to Islander games than it is Rangers. For many Rangers fans based in BK or LI, it's also easier to get to.

I love the Rangers, but I also love hockey. Seeing two teams play is always fun and rooting against the Islanders in person is almost as fun as rooting for the Rangers.

^^ This. Hockey is hockey. Last season, Islanders tickets went for around $10-$15 bucks on Stubhub the day of games. If you love the sport, and it's an easy commute, why not?

Exactly. I enjoy going to games.

sorry your not a Rangers fan if you give your money to the islanders in support of buying tix and giving the enemy a revenue stream...you are in fact a traitor to rangers blue plain and simple...you are helping the enemy pay its bills!!

I don't recognize the Fan Police as an actual entity.

You're not even giving your money to the Islanders, you're giving it to Barclays Center. The Islanders are getting their money regardless of whether you buy tickets or not.

Exactly.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I would never go to see the Islanders play anyone besides the Rangers at the Barclays Center or wherever else they end up. I am a STH and would rather pay my $92 a seat to see a class organization play than a team that has been a total piece of garbage for about 30 years. They really thought they had a chance of signing Vesey didn't they!
I have heard the Rangers knocked on here by some but they are my team and I hate the Islanders.

I enjoy seeing the Rangers play on the road and try to plan at least one road trip per year in addition to NJ, NYI, Bos or DC.

If you'd rather pay $92 to see them and can afford to, I envy your financial position. I've paid a lot less to see them on the road with pretty good seats.

I don't understand all the people that want to see the Isles move. I for one don't. I enjoy the rivalry too much. Having three teams in one metro area is a great luxury.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014

you're lucky that you get to pay $92 a seat to see the rangers. this whole conversation, besides being hilarious, just goes to show the disparity between the rangers and most of the nhl teams.

I have a personal rule that I wont spend more than $200 to go to a regular season ranger game. I happen to think that is a pretty high number. Especially when you consider that in a lot of the seats at MSG you are staring at the back of a bridge that makes me feel like I'm not truly entirely in the building.

If you like hockey - feel free to spend your money on the islanders or whomever. Doesn't make you less of a hockey fan because you want to see teams play cheaper than $92(!!!) per seat for the rangers.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I just dropped over $900 for 4 seats behind the Rangers bench when they come to Phoenix this year. I will be getting my money's worth.

And re: where this thread is heading. I know some of my STH customers are coming to see the opposing team. What exactly am I supposed to do? Citizenship tests?

Don't we have better things to discuss?

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013

road presence is one thing that makes players want to come here. Knowing that there's a LGR chant in Washington during a playoff game is enticing.

Sorry, I am going to away games and if it feeds an idiot like Belesky, whatever.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
if the Rangers are playing the isles at Barclays then that's a different story...you are there supporting the Rangers on the road....the issue is buying a full season tix package for the islanders and helping them pay their bills and fill their crappy arena and hearing the chicken dance Rangers s*(k song....no thanks

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
if the Rangers are playing the isles at Barclays then that's a different story...you are there supporting the Rangers on the road....the issue is buying a full season tix package for the islanders and helping them pay their bills and fill their crappy arena and hearing the chicken dance Rangers s*(k song....no thanks

technically you're not helping the isles paying their bills. they get paid a fixed amount whether there are 0 people in the building or its full.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone know where to get the Rangers STH NHL.com discount code? I want to get some USA WCoH gear. Do I have to email my rep?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone know where to get the Rangers STH NHL.com discount code? I want to get some USA WCoH gear. Do I have to email my rep?

I know you get 10% off if you use a discover card. I don't recall ever getting a code.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012

I had to email my rep 2 years ago to get/use it. It was something simple like RANGERS10.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I love how they flaunt it as a benefit for season ticket holders and they don't even bother sending it out to anyone.

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why anyone is concerned with a 10% discount on merchandise that is at least 50% overpriced from what you can find elsewhere on the internet

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why anyone is concerned with a 10% discount on merchandise that is at least 50% overpriced from what you can find elsewhere on the internet

Not really. The stuff at MSG is fairly consistent with fanatics and other sites. If you want legit stuff. The licensing fees are what is making this shi-stuff so damn expensive.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Not really. The stuff at MSG is fairly consistent with fanatics and other sites. If you want legit stuff. The licensing fees are what is making this shi-stuff so damn expensive.

Jerseys and certain other items available are at least 10% more. If you look carefully under their price tag, you can see that it's put over the one with MSRP.

I think I get 25% off for my STH tenure and that makes it sort of bearable...otherwise, I just try it on for size at get it somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad