Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I totally agree with you, but if you're willing to front the money and sell a bulk of the premium games at a reasonable/face cost, the total expense over time may be low enough to be worth a half plan (as half plan's now will have priority over mini planners next year; you're skipping a whole one or two segments for next year).

With ticket prices going up every year, everyone is doing the same, bringing down the values of those premium games. Are you sure this is viable strategy?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
With ticket prices going up every year, everyone is doing the same, bringing down the values of those premium games. Are you sure this is viable strategy?

I would not buy a plan in the lower bowl unless you can afford to go to all the games. They can be hard to sell even for face value. Even the premium games, you won't get much more than face after fees.

4mattylights

Apr 26, 2016
I would not buy a plan in the lower bowl unless you can afford to go to all the games. They can be hard to sell even for face value. Even the premium games, you won't get much more than face after fees.

I have noticed this for sure. Last year I scored a few seats in the lower bowl corners or behind the net for ~$130 which is basically face. if you can wait till an hour before game time, the flood gates open with 'value' tickets

gooey2500

Jul 22, 2016
I had a similar experience to all of you - put down deposit a number of months ago and can't bring myself to put down $160 per seat for just half seasons (+ half playoff rights). FYI Knicks have some full season seats available that seem to be a better value (although they're not a real contender like the rangers are).

4mattylights

Apr 26, 2016
Worth the wait. Although I was looking for a half season plan, was able to grab 2 seats in the stick solute plan, section 206, row 5.

Our Rep was AWESOME through the whole process. Kept me in the loop and really went above and beyond to get what we wanted.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Worth the wait. Although I was looking for a half season plan, was able to grab 2 seats in the stick solute plan, section 206, row 5.

Our Rep was AWESOME through the whole process. Kept me in the loop and really went above and beyond to get what we wanted.
what kind of plan is that?

xRKC

Apr 12, 2016

Congrats!

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
A bit disappointed today. After three years of inquiring, I finally heard back and my options were $204/ticket for two seats, or $184 for three seats in the bridge.

My accountant said no to that. :(

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
A bit disappointed today. After three years of inquiring, I finally heard back and my options were $204/ticket for two seats, or $184 for three seats in the bridge.

happy wife happy life.

I wonder what % of seats are sold as partials now, MSG is making an absolute killing with these ticket prices. The league is salary capped so their costs are fixed but their revenue keeps going up exponentially. I wonder if that's why they need Ranger STHs to buy unsold liberty tickets for them to give to needy kids? :sarcasm:

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
happy wife happy life.

I wonder what % of seats are sold as partials now, MSG is making an absolute killing with these ticket prices. The league is salary capped so their costs are fixed but their revenue keeps going up exponentially.

Actually the accountant; I run an art gallery. I have a set entertainment budget, and $4,488 for a "one time" charge is too much. Though, no one seems to care when it's $200 once a week or twice a month. Go figure. :(

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Actually the accountant; I run an art gallery. I have a set entertainment budget, and $4,488 for a "one time" charge is too much. Though, no one seems to care when it's $200 once a week or twice a month. Go figure. :(

Any chance MSG would allow you to pay in installments like they do for season subscribers?

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
happy wife happy life.

I wonder what % of seats are sold as partials now, MSG is making an absolute killing with these ticket prices. The league is salary capped so their costs are fixed but their revenue keeps going up exponentially. I wonder if that's why they need Ranger STHs to buy unsold liberty tickets for them to give to needy kids? :sarcasm:

but but but he offered free, leftover tshirts and rally towels to the first 20 STHs who donated ;)

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

Someone I know heard back the other day and all that was left were mini plans in the lowers. He left his deposit.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Another email today asking me to donate money so the garden can "donate" tickets to less fortunate kids.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Another email today asking me to donate money so the garden can "donate" tickets to less fortunate kids.

It's actually unbelievable that they're trying to scrape money out of this for their own benefit instead of taking the thousands of tickets that go unsold anyway and donating them themselves.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

yeah, when the lower bowl renovation was completing,
i got a letter proudly offering me sight lines comparable to my (pre-reno) 'yellow'\200's seats (on blue line behind visitor penalty box)
for a mere (~95%) price increase to $210 per seat
(so by now, probably at least $250 per)

how could i ask a friend for $420 to use my 2 seats?
or hope to break even on any resales?

so i declined, was moved to greens for a year,
now in (new) 200's ~ center ice,
which works better for my wallet, my friends and for resale

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What sites do you all think are the best for selling extra tickets?

I mostly use TicketExchange
I let MSG hold the resale credit $$ in my account, for credit to apply for playoffs

a lot less to think about, and do

many folks prefer to receive the payments,
so they then accumulate more credit-card rewards 'points' when they order playoffs and renewals

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I mostly use TicketExchange
I let MSG hold the resale credit $$ in my account, for credit to apply for playoffs

a lot less to think about, and do

many folks prefer to receive the payments,
so they then accumulate more credit-card rewards 'points' when they order playoffs and renewals

Exactly. I prefer to get the money back in my bank account as opposed to credits applied to my credit card account so as to maximize my points earning. Why give up 2% cash back or the equivalent in loyalty points?

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
A few weeks back, I thought I saw my games posted on my Rangers account manager, now when I look, I don't see them. Anyone having this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad