Montreal is the worst team in the league.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Call me a tradionalist. But it isn't right if the Habs do not have a superstar marquee player. So being bad while it may sting at the moment. The Habs should be picking high in a good draft. And they should get a stud prospect this summer if they hold onto their #1 pick.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Solid prediction by the OP. I thought Price and Weber would carry us to fught for 8th, but not much more. I mean, wtf was he thinking by not giving Radulov what he wanted ?

I know you guys all say we should rebuild and all and I agree with you guys. But this is Bergevin and this is Montreal. The guy just got older by trading Subban for Weber. He's not going to rebuild for sure.

He's going to say some bull**** to explain this season and then try and sign a forward or two and a defenseman this summer and try again next year.

They are fighting for 8th, in the division. They can do it.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bergevan will be fired when year is over and Martin Brodeur will be the new GM.giving the team instant credibility again to ward off the fans and he is a French Canadian from Montreal with winning pedigree He made Lou Lamorello.

Last edited:

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Call me a tradionalist. But it isn't right if the Habs do not have a superstar marquee player. So being bad while it may sting at the moment. The Habs should be picking high in a good draft. And they should get a stud prospect this summer if they hold onto their #1 pick.

Why isn't it right if the Habs don't have a superstar marquee player? Is Montreal NOT allowed to have bad seasons as other teams? With 30 other teams (about to be 31), it's kind of hard for every team to have a superstar.

Reactions: HabsQC

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Time to trade Price and blow it up.

Blow it up!!!!

And THAT is the REAL problem they are facing...

How does a man trade that which he himself made untradeable?

How does a man who makes those he must trade, untradeable, trade for that which no one wants to trade for?

How do those for whom no one will trade, get traded by a man who makes you untradeable, then must trade you?

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I take no glee in seeing a team this bad. But I'll tell you if Gramps was still alive he'd be riverdancing his irish ass across the living room watching them suck like this.

Really?

The suffering of this delusional fanbase as they try and hang onto bygone days of glory via laughingstock trade proposals, that they inevitably storm out of saying "Fine, you don't get our garbage player then! Take that!" causes me to feel pleasures I haven't sensed since my early teens.

But my Kleenex bill is getting a bit much

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Really?

The suffering of this delusional fanbase as they try and hang onto bygone days of glory via laughingstock trade proposals, that they inevitably storm out of saying "Fine, you don't get our garbage player then! Take that!" causes me to feel pleasures I haven't sensed since my early teens.

I remember when Halak+Ryder+2nd meme ended up being the 2nd that was used to draft Subban, Ryder bouncing back to 30g guy and winning cup with Bruins and Halak becoming a starting goalie.

I miss Halak Ryder 2nd.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Really?

I just know that over the years the fan base to which you refer has been anything but gracious in how they have dealt with the fact that my favourite team went through some struggles. Many of them were downright deplorable. What goes around comes around though I try to be more mature then they were when we had awful teams.

Reactions: RayB

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Why isn't it right if the Habs don't have a superstar marquee player? Is Montreal NOT allowed to have bad seasons as other teams? With 30 other teams (about to be 31), it's kind of hard for every team to have a superstar.

I like Montreal being relevant. It's like the NY Yankees being bad. If they pick first this draft, it won't be a bad thing to have a superstar player in the city most associate with hockey.

Reactions: HabsQC

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Have not had a 1st overall pick in almost 40 years.
Have not had an elite number 1 center in the past 20 years

Just went and looked it up and it seems Montreal has drafted 1st overall 5 times since 1963. Sabres drafted 1st twice since 1970, and the Canucks never but let's just say the Sedins were both 1st OA quality players. So you have more 1st overall picks then both of them combined in 7 more years, but please explain how Montreal deserves it.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Just went and looked it up and it seems Montreal has drafted 1st overall 5 times since 1963. Sabres drafted 1st twice since 1970, and the Canucks never but let's just say the Sedins were both 1st OA quality players. So you have more 1st overall picks then both of them combined in 7 more years, but please explain how Montreal deserves it.

The 5 times the habs drafted 1st overall was 40-50 years ago...

The sabres had four top 8 picks in the past 4 years, which includes two 2nd overall picks.

I dont think I need to elaborate any further

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad