Montreal is the worst team in the league.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I challenge you to back that dum* comment. Show me french media went overboard with Drouin the day of the trade while the educated English media called for caution.

Latter part i agree with: the part about "the fan base"...

You're right. In the case of Drouin it was clearly the fans parading him as our future first line C . Media was rather quiet on this subject you're absolutely right.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The Gazette: This doesn’t look like a bad trade by Bergevin, since offence has been the Canadiens’ biggest problem for a very long time. Drouin, who was the No. 3 overall pick by the Lightning at the 2013 NHL Draft, has some amazing offensive skills

TSN: Drouin gives the Canadiens a much-needed dose of offensive upside and creativity.

La Presse: Le DG du Canadien vient de réaliser un grand coup: améliorer l’attaque sans toucher à un régulier de l’équipe

Everybody was happy. Now the whiners are whining.

Did you think this was a good trade when it was made? The best D prospect on a pitiful aging d core for a powerplay winger that couldn't crack the C spot or get significant ES time on Tampa?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Did you think this was a good trade when it was made? The best D prospect on a pitiful aging d core for a powerplay winger that couldn't crack the C spot or get significant ES time on Tampa?

I was surprised. I thought Sergachev was an untouchable. I was not sure about Drouin's attitude but i ended up believing it was a win faster move. Thought he could play center since most columnists and fans agreed. Habs needed both scoring and young d. First year results not so great.

But never played the french stuff angle.
This was a plus for everybody the day of the trade.
Now its the big thing.

Get a better 1c than Danault (rather easy). Play him with Drouin. Improve.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
The Gazette: This doesn’t look like a bad trade by Bergevin, since offence has been the Canadiens’ biggest problem for a very long time. Drouin, who was the No. 3 overall pick by the Lightning at the 2013 NHL Draft, has some amazing offensive skills

TSN: Drouin gives the Canadiens a much-needed dose of offensive upside and creativity.

La Presse: Le DG du Canadien vient de réaliser un grand coup: améliorer l’attaque sans toucher à un régulier de l’équipe

Everybody was happy. Now the whiners are whining.

Everybody was happy last summer on the Habs board? FFS...

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Everybody was happy last summer on the Habs board? FFS...
Not sure i read you well. Go back to the Confirmed with link thread. You will see happiness all around.

But check especially if there is a french angle to the trade. You wont find much if any.

Still worries about 1c for a few but you will find some with the Drouin-Galchenyuk elite level 1c-2c combo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad