Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'm wanting to do all we can to save Chytil till after this series is over, assuming all goes as it should.

Chytil for Roslovic on the 1st line. Chytil shouldn't be relied on as a primary pick carrier when he comes back.

Roslovic in for Rempe against the Hurricanes would be much better. Hurricanes play more with speed and rely on heavy possession numbers. Rempe could struggle with that. Roslovic isn't some savior, but his speed would definitely play better out there than Rempe.

Reactions: bobbop

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm wanting to do all we can to save Chytil till after this series is over, assuming all goes as it should.

Chytil for Roslovic on the 1st line. Chytil shouldn't be relied on as a primary pick carrier when he comes back.

Roslovic in for Rempe against the Hurricanes would be much better. Hurricanes play more with speed and rely on heavy possession numbers. Rempe could struggle with that. Roslovic isn't some savior, but his speed would definitely play better out there than Rempe.

I'd actually argue that one of the failings of the Hurricanes is defending a heavy forecheck themselves and defending the front of the net. Rempe, if the Rangers can possession in the offensive zone, could be someone who creates havoc in front of their net with regularity.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'd actually argue that one of the failings of the Hurricanes is defending a heavy forecheck themselves and defending the front of the net. Rempe, if the Rangers can possession in the offensive zone, could be someone who creates havoc in front of their net with regularity.
Yeah but their game focuses on possession and Rempe is a wildly different play when we get hemmed in the defensive zone.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I think either way Chytil is in game 4. The only difference - who’s coming out?
I agree.
If NYR wins, we go up 3-0 the fight is basically taken out of the caps. Good opportunity for fil.

If we lose, it acts as a team shake up so to speak.

I expect caps to be full on D-bags at their 1st game at home. No reason to remove rempe from this one

Reactions: kovazub94

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
The Caps may decide to go headhunting in G4 to try to intimidate the Rangers into losing or as punishment for sweeping them, either way it works for them. I wouldn't play Fil in G4. In G5, they might be more careful, thinking, "if we get this one, it's 3-2 and it's a series." Or if we win G4, then it's onto Carolina, which is nowhere near as likely to headhunt since they're softer (comparatively speaking) and they are trying to win the Cup, not get themselves in a penalty box or suspended.

Another thing... if we win G4, Fil gets another ~10 days off (from today to round 2), which helps to rest him some more as well as to train and to test his concussion.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I agree.
If NYR wins, we go up 3-0 the fight is basically taken out of the caps. Good opportunity for fil.

If we lose, it acts as a team shake up so to speak.

I expect caps to be full on D-bags at their 1st game at home. No reason to remove rempe from this one

Nope he doesn’t play till round 2 . He could have done a game in Hartford but didn’t so they will just throw him in

Question is RW with Zib or C for Kakko ?
Wennberg with Goodrow and Vesey ?

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Nope he doesn’t play till round 2 . He could have done a game in Hartford but didn’t so they will just throw him in

Question is RW with Zib or C for Kakko ?
Wennberg with Goodrow and Vesey ?

Presumably he's at RW for Zib if Rosie comes out, and C for KK if he subs for Rempe.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
At this point you finish off the series quick, let Chytil get some hard practices in before round 2 and be ready at home for Game 1 against the Canes

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I was told it was actually Matt Rempes presence that helped him heal and get better.

His global team buff is elite
Preforming miracles, the Garden chanting his name, big playoff goals, girls all over TikTok obsessed with him. This is how I imagined someone else's career going, maybe he was The Chosen One this whole time

Reactions: gabevh3

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
One thing to keep in mind - while we know what Chytil brings, this coaching staff has only seen ~10 games of him.

They may see it as big gamble to throw him into a spot in the lineup not knowing who he has chemistry with, or even what his in-game play looks like after a ~75 game lay off. I reckon they don’t change the lineup until there’s either an injury or a loss.

Sure they have tape, but there’s a level of comfort seeing a player in person and reinforcing that through relying on him in certain situations over the course of a regular season.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Vesey and/or Wennberg will not sit unless they are injured. Thats crazy talk.

After a relatively strong series from Roslovic they likely wont break Mikas line up either, unless things go south fast.

Its going to be Rempe in the press box if Chytil is back.

And if it isnt Chytil it might be Brodz for Rempe for the Canes series or after the first loss, hate to cut it to ya.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
have to put him with Kakko and Cuylle. that line dominates possession but cant score for shit, Chytil can score. move Wennberg down to the 4th line and you have a really nice shutdown 4th line with Goodrow-Wennberg-Vesey. sucks that you have to take Rempe out but you can put him back in if Roslovic cools off.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
i love what rempe does and what he has done. and there may be room for him against carolina.

but he sits if Chytil can go.

20/93/96
10/16/13
50/72/24
21/91/26

boom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad