Montreal is the worst team in the league.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
The 5 times the habs drafted 1st overall was 40-50 years ago...

The sabres had four top 8 picks in the past 4 years, which includes two 2nd overall picks.

I dont think I need to elaborate any further

Does that matter? The still didn't draft 1 OA and missed out on Ekblad and McDavid, Eichel is great but McDavid is another level. The Nucks actually never in the history of the franchise drafted 1OA, so those 5 40 years ago would look pretty good to them. The point is the Habs don't DESERVE anything. They play by the same rules as everyone else and even if the league went off of who deserves a 1st overall pick, Habs wouldn't be in the top 10.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Have not had a 1st overall pick in almost 40 years.
Have not had an elite number 1 center in the past 20 years

Boo-hoo.

The Rangers have had ONE 1st overall pick in their entire history, and it was for the weakest draft there ever was. The draft had 11 players total.

They've drafted top 5 only five times, and four of those times there were only 6 teams in the league.

Reactions: bs

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Boo-hoo.

The Rangers have had ONE 1st overall pick in their entire history, and it was for the weakest draft there ever was. The draft had 11 players total.

They've drafted top 5 only five times, and four of those times there were only 6 teams in the league.

Rangers aren't even in the bottom 8. Their chance of winning the lottery for 1st overall are pretty low.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I believe its win the lottery for Dahlin, and then being in the next top 5 picks is of prime importance. I don't see much difference from 2-6. Depends if one wants a winger or D man. If I can't pick Dahlin, I would go Hughes and Boqvist #2 and #3 respectively if I am a team picking. D man, potential elite puck moving D men are just much more harder to find. All 3 are difference makers IMO. Saying that nothing wrong with Tkachuk, Svechnikov, or Zadina in particular the latter. The Habs are going to get a very good player if they pick <6.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
they're not very good that's for sure. worst overall i don't know about that.

i think it would have been a good thing to have the 2 most important hockey markets competetive at the same time.

I guess we will have to settle for the biggest being an elite team. there is a good chance the Stanley cup has to travel a few hundred meters from the hall of fame to the ACC in the next few years and thatbwould be a tremendous thing for Canada's team.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Call me a tradionalist. But it isn't right if the Habs do not have a superstar marquee player. So being bad while it may sting at the moment. The Habs should be picking high in a good draft. And they should get a stud prospect this summer if they hold onto their #1 pick.

Bergvin gonna trade that 1st round pick for Stephan.

Reactions: Menzinger

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If the Habs get the 1st overall pick, who is the best French speaking player available in the draft?
That's all that matters to the Habs. You will never win a cup with that mantality (And plaease spare me from results from decades ago).
You know that's why Louis Leblanc was picked in the first round .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad