Montreal is the worst team in the league.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Why do they always show the Habs GM after every goal against? Noticed it while watching the condensed replay earlier today.

What point does it serve? Must be someones agenda or something.
They show any lame duck GM after a goal against. I got real tired of seeing Brian Burke, believe me. Get used to it because the season is still young.

Reactions: mtlmonk

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Bergevin was a practical joker as a player. As a GM, I thought he'd make trades and kind of "rip-off" other teams. Really, the people to whom he is playing trick to are the fans and media! A shame!

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
This not true. Only in Montréal is this true because people living in that hell hole are so strung up that they can't be trusted to drive properly.

Let me guess, you're from Toronto?
People think Weber is too slow for the way the NHL game is played now? He's 32 years old. He's signed until he's 41 (FOURTY ONE!!!!!). Almost 9 more years!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I pray Montreal can't move him. That's 9 more years of our young elite core eating Montreal for breakfast! Going to be glorious (already is, really)

Good for you!

Leafs deserve some joy after being a constant subscriber to The Suck in the past decades.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Sad thing about the Habs is that even if Bergevin gets fired, he will have to be replaced by a French Canadian. They're just setting themselves up for continued failure with those types of self-imposed restrictions.

Reactions: Chip Chipperson

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I get you don’t like the Habs and that’s fine, but ****ting on the city and it’s people and calling it a hell hole? Just plain classless if you ask me. And so are the people who liked your post.
Kind of hypocritical of you considering the personal attacks you've made on leafs fans

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Sad thing about the Habs is that even if Bergevin gets fired, he will have to be replaced by a French Canadian. They're just setting themselves up for continued failure with those types of self-imposed restrictions.

Exactly, even if they shitcan Bargain bin what are their options? Give Julien a dual Coach/GM role, hire Pierre McGuire or face protests in the streets from some angry Québécois.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
I still cant believe Price signed here longterm. Dude must not care about winning.
I think Price legitimately thought they were headed to the right direction. They were coming off decent seasons. The Subban trade was the beginning of the unraveling though.

Perhaps Subban had to go because he wasn't well liked. Granted (if True). Thing is, bergy has made awful moves since the Subban trade.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I think Price legitimately thought they were headed to the right direction. They were coming off decent seasons. The Subban trade was the beginning of the unraveling though.

Perhaps Subban had to go because he wasn't well liked. Granted (if True). Thing is, bergy has made awful moves since the Subban trade.
Weird thing is, he made some pretty decent moves before the Subban trade. It's like he became incompetent as soon as he traded Subban.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Instead of who? I wanted Beaulieu protected but Benn has played very well over the last few weeks. Our problem is we have ****ty depth on D

But Benn is our depth on D.

Edit: Not that I think he's been a problem. Petry, Alzner, and the lack of a true #2 to play with Weber are the problems.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
But Benn is our depth on D.

Edit: Not that I think he's been a problem. Petry, Alzner, and the lack of a true #2 to play with Weber are the problems.

Benn was a problem at the beginning of the year but he has played well in the last month ish. I would of protected Beaulieu and I was on record saying this back when. Beaulieu is a good young defenseman and has the size/skating/sill combo. Yeah, he has not put it all together yet but he is still young and is a decent puck mover. We went from losing a possible one of (Beaulieu, Benn, Emelin) to losing two of them.

Habs are just having an off year and the faster we realize that we need to take a few small steps back so we can take a big step forward in a few years, the better we will be. The pressure to create a team from free agency and trades over the last 6 years while we typically drafted in the 25+ range is insane. Combine this to the fact that we had one of the worse 4 years of drafting from 2008 - 2011 and it should not be a surprise that we are in the position we are in today.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Benn was a problem at the beginning of the year but he has played well in the last month ish. I would of protected Beaulieu and I was on record saying this back when. Beaulieu is a good young defenseman and has the size/skating/sill combo. Yeah, he has not put it all together yet but he is still young and is a decent puck mover. We went from losing a possible one of (Beaulieu, Benn, Emelin) to losing two of them.

Habs are just having an off year and the faster we realize that we need to take a few small steps back so we can take a big step forward in a few years, the better we will be. The pressure to create a team from free agency and trades over the last 6 years while we typically drafted in the 25+ range is insane. Combine this to the fact that we had one of the worse 4 years of drafting from 2008 - 2011 and it should not be a surprise that we are in the position we are in today.

There will be no step forward. What we see is what we get with Weber, Alzner and Petry. Theyre all aging and slowing down if anything.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There will be no step forward. What we see is what we get with Weber, Alzner and Petry. Theyre all aging and slowing down if anything.

Was Weber, Alzner, and Petry ever fast? How can they possibly slow down? Do you mean they will slow down in mental capacity? In truth, I would be more concerned with decline with a player like Subban vs a player like Weber. Subban's game is built on skating and decline his his 30's will impact him more than it will with Weber who's game is build on playing smart and being physical.

You are correct. Decline in your 30's is a real thing but it impacts players with elite level skating before it impacts players like Thornton, Chara, and Weber. They have already figured out to play smart with less time and space a long before they turned 30

I think we disagree about the step forward. All the Habs have to do is accept this is a tank year and do everything they can to take a few steps back. It's amazing how much better you will feel when you relieve the pressure.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
This is the same thing I said in another thread...

If Montreal is going to do a rebuild they need to clean house, and not just on the player side of the end boards. But from GMMB down all the way to the PR/Press office. Fire HCCJ, bring in a new head of scouting, bring in new coaches, evaluate the trainers keep who you feel will work with whom is brought in as head coach remove the rest. And trade off the players that you can for futures, trade anyone and everyone you can get an offer for. And build this car back up from the frame up and out. Montreal has tried for to long to do patch work fixes or personnel changes to try and right the direction of the team and organization. Its pretty obvious at this point that the entire organization needs changes brought to it. Create a President and/or Head of Hockey Operations position, hire this man from the Francophone community, make sure he is qualified though. Ice water in the veins and will not bend to outside pressures from the media and fans, he has a vision and success or failure he will see it to the end. Then past that, hire whom is best for the job. With GM and HC do not get hung up on the Francophone thing and simply hire whom is best out there for both jobs. And during the off season build this team up from the bottom up to actually grow into a contender. Instead of a team that continues to be a middle of the road team to ether do marginally better or worse than the year before. Personally I have no horse in this race, but if they want to have success in the NHL as it exists now they are going to have to restructure themselves and put away some of the hang ups they've had in the past.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Arizona, Florida, Buffalo etc. are perennial losers so they are not "real" teams.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

If rumours are true, he could have had Draisitl and Klefbom, but wanted 4th overall added. There could have been a much better deal there, but he's an idiot and traded him for an older player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00