Post-Game Talk: Game 59 - Tim Peel Strikes Again - Hogtown 4 BRUINS 3 F - Bergeron leaves arena in walking boot

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Rick Nash used to be a game breaker. 28 points in 60 games this season. 2014-15 was his last really good season. If the Bs can get him without giving up much then fine, but he is not worth giving up anything substantial for.

Give him something to play for.Recchi did ok on worse legs then him with less size.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Being outshot 16-2 in the second period did nothing to help the Bruins win either.

Despite being outplayed in the second period, the Bruins had chances to win this game in the third or at least grab a point.

I am pissed at the NHL for allowing that goal to stand, and would like to hear their explanation as to why that was NOT goalie interference.

Reactions: Save By Thomas

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i honestly cant remember a scoring chancecwe had after the debrusk goal. and even that was a pefect tip play.

think the gryz missed shot was our only quality chance. sucks. cuz andersson looked shaky

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Despite being outplayed in the second period, the Bruins had chances to win this game in the third or at least grab a point.

I am pissed at the NHL for allowing that goal to stand, and would like to hear their explanation as to why that was NOT goalie interference.

Or just plain interference

Reactions: bobbyorr04

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I'm honestly not sure the Bs have ever been on the good side of one of those reviews. We are routinely ganked by the zebras. I just expect it now.

This was called a no goal, even though Quick had all the time in the world to reset and there was literally a 5-7 second delay between the incidental contact and the goal. Refs gunna do what they gunna do. Idn.

Either way, crappy end to an otherwise entertaining game tonight. OT would've been intense.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I guess it's encouraging that we had one of our worst games in recent memory and they still needed to cheat to win

Reactions: Scruffy

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

This was called a no goal, even though Quick had all the time in the world to reset and there was literally a 5-7 second delay between the incidental contact and the goal. Refs gunna do what they gunna do. Idn.

Either way, crappy end to an otherwise entertaining game tonight. OT would've been intense.

Home ice will win series
Bergeron line will shut any line you have down with home ice.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
At 18:36 of third period in the Bruins/Maple Leafs game, Boston requested a Coach's Challenge to review whether Zach Hyman interfered with goaltender Tuukka Rask prior to Ron Hainsey's goal.

After reviewing all available replays and consulting with NHL Hockey Operations staff, the Referee determined no goaltender interference infractions occurred.

Therefore the original call stands - good goal Toronto Maple Leafs.

Since the Coach's Challenge did not result in the original call being overturned, the Boston Bruins forfeit their time-out.

Coach's Challenge: BOS @ TOR - 18:36 of the Third Period

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
i honestly cant remember a scoring chancecwe had after the debrusk goal. and even that was a pefect tip play.

think the gryz missed shot was our only quality chance. sucks. cuz andersson looked shaky
It's an unpopular opinion, but I agree. Sure they could have escaped with a point, but the ice seemed tilted.

The late goals in periods are backbreakers.

The Leafs are fast, but they also gave some big hits.

I take it they've given up on Matt Martin?

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
If ever a game showed we can use McDonagh and his speed and grit,,,Especially against this team in a first round. I know its slim....But hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad