Post-Game Talk: Game 59 - Tim Peel Strikes Again - Hogtown 4 BRUINS 3 F - Bergeron leaves arena in walking boot

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-2-24_22-13-36.png

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Wow. Just an awful performance. Embarrassing to lose 3 times to a Leafs team without Matthews. The only players who I thought had really good games were Kuraly and Kevan Miller.

Can you blame me for picking the Leafs in the game a few weeks ago? Probably the only reason we won that time is that the Leafs had played 6 times in 8 nights or something.​
Leafs played their 3rd game in 4th night that night and historically speaking a brain dead group of zombies shows up for those games. The Bruins rightfully smashed the Leafs faces in that night. Today's game was a fairly even matchup. Both teams relatively healthy and the game was very fun to watch and fast paced. We've been screwed over by a ton of reviewed calls like that, it's nice to see one go our way but at this point you can might as well flip a coin and make the call.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season, I for one am hoping the Leafs and Bruins meet up in the first round. I think it would be way more fun to watch than Leafs and Tampa. We actually have some animosity vs the Bruins. Tampa is a vacation destination.

GG

BigBadBruin

Aug 21, 2002
Saskatoon
That was a horrible call. Blaming it on the confusion of goalie interference is bs. Pushing a Defenceman into a goalie is interference, period. No idea how they can screw that up. Good thing they have two refs and video replay to get things right.

Reactions: Chief Nine

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
If Peel does any of our playoff games like last year we are in serious trouble. This guy appears to have it in for us, sick of seeing officials deciding games.
Peel, Joannette, Lee, and Rooney. All four of those guys seem to be deemed among the league's best by the NHL and somehow manage to do Bs playoffs games. All four are a complete shit show when doing Bs games. With most refs it all balances out over the course of the years. Not with these guys. They are total clowns and somehow manage to screw over the Bs disproportionately. Not buying the excuse of simple incompetence with them, not when it does not even come close to evening out with those four.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Bruins didn’t play good hockey.

The call at the end was horrible though. Actually there were some non calls at the end that should have been called.

Refs blew the call but the Bruins also put themselves in a situation where the bad call mattered. Had they played better the blown call probably wouldn’t be a big deal but given the tightness of the points the refs handed the game to the leafs.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I know the players want to tie it up and win, but I would laugh out loud if the Bruins protested that call by having Chara or someone else just casually push Andersen away towards the corner board afterwards. Then again, Andersen weighs like 800 pounds, at least back when he played in the SHL, so might have to get three guys. Who knows, with these refs it may have stood as a goal if we scored on an empty net after something like that.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I have zero issues with constructive criticism, but if you really feel like that, why follow the team and why post here?

That’s what I mean. The slightest thing goes the other way and these vultures swoop down with the “end of the world” posts. Seriously, just get it over with and go support another team

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
That Don Cherry is a hypocrite .Die hard Leafs fan from Kingston Ontario is what he is.Still remember him picking Canucks game 7 in 2011
Cherry was saying the call was going to stand because it was in Toronto late in the game at home. Basically calling it a fix (but happy about it) Also said that the refs were supposed to lay off the Goalie interference calls the second half of the year.... that being said that's 1000% Goalie Interference if he doesn't interfere its an easy save for Rask.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
The Bruins didn’t play good hockey.

The call at the end was horrible though. Actually there were some non calls at the end that should have been called.

Refs blew the call but the Bruins also put themselves in a situation where the bad call mattered. Had they played better the blown call probably wouldn’t be a big deal but given the tightness of the points the refs handed the game to the leafs.

I mean... sure. But how many games have they dominated and come away with 0 or 1 point? It’s okay to have a mediocre game and get 1-2 points without the ref screwing you over.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
That was a horrible call. Blaming it on the confusion of goalie interference is bs. Pushing a Defenceman into a goalie is interference, period. No idea how they can screw that up. Good thing they have two refs and video replay to get things right.

Right. Take the crease and the goal out of the equation and it’s clearly interference on Hyman (which is what I posted) you just can’t knock a guy over like that when the puck isn’t nearby

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Depressing loss. Bruins played a poor game and the Leafs seem to have our number. You can throw our win against the Leafs a few weeks ago out the window, because the Leafs had played a lot of games in a short span and were clearly gassed.
You always see the negative in everything I noticed

I don't know who shaped your attitude but I'd be pissed at them

Throw the loss out the window

Are you 10 years old

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
We've been screwed over by a ton of reviewed calls like that, it's nice to see one go our way but at this point you can might as well flip a coin and make the call.
I'm honestly not sure the Bs have ever been on the good side of one of those reviews. We are routinely ganked by the zebras. I just expect it now.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
What is stand witness reference to? How few people are alive who witnessed their last cup and remember it? How few people alive now will witness their next?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad