Post-Game Talk: Game 59 - Tim Peel Strikes Again - Hogtown 4 BRUINS 3 F - Bergeron leaves arena in walking boot

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

This was called a no goal, even though Quick had all the time in the world to reset and there was literally a 5-7 second delay between the incidental contact and the goal. Refs gunna do what they gunna do. Idn.

Either way, crappy end to an otherwise entertaining game tonight. OT would've been intense.

That shouldn't have been a goal :laugh:

Even though Quick had time to reset in your opinion, he clearly never got back into position, and the goal was waived off.

I guess I would ask, what changed since then, seeing as Rask didn't have nearly that much time?

Reactions: Save By Thomas

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergeron played over 19 minutes. If it's true that he got hurt in the second, it probably blew up like a balloon when the skate came off.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
I am pissed at the NHL for allowing that goal to stand, and would like to hear their explanation as to why that was NOT goalie interference.

'After further review we've realized that disallowing the goal would negate an almost certain win for Toronto, therefore we have a good goal.............oh by the way, F.U. Boston'.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Home ice will win series
Bergeron line will shut any line you have down with home ice.
I think it will be close regardless. If Babs can get his head out of his ass, it would be nice though. I have no idea why he was trying to "shut down" the Bergy line today with Leo and Kadri. They got absolutely hammered today.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Wouldn’t surprise me if Peel pulled a Tonya Harding on Bergy. ”Just in case the league tries to keep me away from the Bruins playoff series!”

Seriously, though, hope it’s nothing serious. Or worse yet, something Bergy will play through and aggravate somehow.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Why not?

I don't blame them

This is big to them

We have the too-many-men-on-the-ice they have this

In 20 year's Torontarions or whatever they call themselves will say 'do you remember where you were when Hainsey scored on the goalie interference'

:laugh::laugh:

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
I wouldn't be so upset about that goal call if it didn't happen a minute after Toronto got another scoring chance by crosschecking Pastrnak square in the back and they let that go.

I'm not saying there's a fix for Toronto, but I do think certain refs like Peel are cowards and afraid to make calls against the home team in big spots in arenas like Toronto and Montreal. Every piece of evidence in the world showed that was interference, and they knew it, but were intimidated by the big stage of the Air Canada Centre during a HNIC broadcast.
Thing is, I think most people watching that both in the ACC and at home were expecting that goal to be disallowed.

The HNIC guys were convinced it was interference right off the bat at the first replay and were very surprised at the ruling so I don’t think there’d have been a big controversy if they pulled it back. By allowing it, it may become a talking point though.

Reactions: Chief Nine

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
At 18:36 of third period in the Bruins/Maple Leafs game, Boston requested a Coach's Challenge to review whether Zach Hyman interfered with goaltender Tuukka Rask prior to Ron Hainsey's goal.

After reviewing all available replays and consulting with NHL Hockey Operations staff, the Referee determined no goaltender interference infractions occurred.

Therefore the original call stands - good goal Toronto Maple Leafs.
Since the Coach's Challenge did not result in the original call being overturned, the Boston Bruins forfeit their time-out.

Coach's Challenge: BOS @ TOR - 18:36 of the Third Period

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Bergeron played over 19 minutes. If it's true that he got hurt in the second, it probably blew up like a balloon when the skate came off.

A lot of guys will loosen the skates or take them off in between periods. Not sure if Bergeron does that? If the injury came on the clearing attempt that hit him in the 2nd, I'm hoping the boot is just precautionary and he bruised it. I could be wrong, but if it's swollen, I don't think they put it in a boot?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What a joke- I hate to be cynical, but crap like this spoils the NHL. It shouldn't have counted, but we all knew it was going to because it was the Leafs, at home on HNIC. I really hope we don't play them in the playoffs, not because they are better- they aren't- but because we'll have to endure this crap all series long. It's hard enough to win in the NHL at times without having to fight the bent officiating also.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
A lot of guys will loosen the skates or take them off in between periods. Not sure if Bergeron does that? If the injury came on the clearing attempt that hit him in the 2nd, I'm hoping the boot is just precautionary and he bruised it. I could be wrong, but if it's swollen, I don't think they put it in a boot?
Beats me. :dunno:

If it's not serious, give him off tomorrow and hopefully it's good to go by Tuesday.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I feel bad for the silent majority of Toronto fans who are normal decent people, because the loud contingent on the internet makes them look really bad overall
Can you blame them in all seriousness

The last time they even made a Cup Final there was only 48 states

The Beatles were playing clubs with a $2.50 cover

The Dodgers were in Brooklyn

Johnny Bower was in the AHL

Tonight's win is about as big as it's been in 65 years

Give them a break

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad