Post-Game Talk: Game 59 - Tim Peel Strikes Again - Hogtown 4 BRUINS 3 F - Bergeron leaves arena in walking boot

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Why not?

I don't blame them

This is big to them

We have the too-many-men-on-the-ice they have this

In 20 year's Torontarions or whatever they call themselves will say 'do you remember where you were when Hainsey scored on the goalie interference'

Um, some of us "Torontarians" are Bruins fans, I'll remind you. Maybe limit your comments to the hockey team, not the city.

Reactions: Tak7

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Also: Do the Rangers want Carlo, cause I'll drive him to the airport.

He's infuriating to watch sometimes.

I will happily pick him up from JFK and drive him back to Boston. 21 year old, second year in the league and playing as a defenceman that minutes and role. I really have a hard time to be to harsh on him.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Um, some of us "Torontarians" are Bruins fans, I'll remind you. Maybe limit your comments to the hockey team, not the city.

Yes by all means. It is a given the most popular team in Toronto are the Leafs and the most hated team are also the Leafs.

The Bruins became very popular in Canada because TV38 wound up on cable from Newfoundland to British Columbia and to this day WSBK is available on most Canadian cable outlets.

One of the first things that Tom Werner did when he became part owner of the Red Sox was to kill the TV38 games and Jacobs could not block it. The only leverage Jacobs has over NESN is he can match any offer for the Red Sox 80%.

Jacobs owning 20% of NESN guarantees him income and that became clear in 2004-05 when he pocketed 18 million dollars even though the Bruins never played a game. That is why he can afford to be a hardliner because he makes money if the team doesn't even play.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I will happily pick him up from JFK and drive him back to Boston. 21 year old, second year in the league and playing as a defenceman that minutes and role. I really have a hard time to be to harsh on him.

Which is why I said he's infuriating to watch sometimes. It gets old watching him stand there while his guy scores. He needs to clean up his area. He needs to be more physical. Cause if I keep doing this come playoff time we aren't going to be a happy bunch I'll tell you that.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Which is why I said he's infuriating to watch sometimes. It gets old watching him stand there while his guy scores. He needs to clean up his area. He needs to be more physical. Cause if I keep doing this come playoff time we aren't going to be a happy bunch I'll tell you that.

He is frustrating me a lot of times too believe me that, but I think he is still coming into his own. Don't know if his physical game will develop in a way you, others and me want it to be but to be ready to trade him already and the willingness to drive him to the airport is to premature. 21 one ... hasn't even finished his second season ... Give him some time

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Bad game. They chased the play too much, I will blame it on the long layoff but they need to be better.

The refs were terrible all night but Boston special teams were worse. At the end of the day we lost on a bad call but when special teams play like they did there’s not much you can do.

They absolutely need to improve the second line. Debrusk was good but that was about it.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Crappy call on the goal, it certainly shouldn't have counted. I'm not that upset and I live in Leafs territory, I think if the Bruins face the Leafs in the playoffs it will be a great series. I thought the Leafs outplayed us last night but still needed the ref's help with the GWG. The Bruins still have 5 games in hand, the Leafs will need to win to a lot more games than the B's to finish ahead. As most of us know, wishing for specific opponents is a mug's game, the regular season stats don't mean much.

On to Buffalo! I'm glad the freezing rain didn't seem to materialize here so the B's can get their bus there safely.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I went to Toronto on my honey moon it's my favorite city in the world

Now that I got that over with where did I trash the city

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Brutal call at the end but I expect nothing less on GI, so I'm not even going there. B's while getting results haven't been playing overly well in the past 2 weeks, and I am concerned. The Krejci line does not look good. The Backes line does not look good. Our D hasn't been as solid. 4-3 in our last seven. That includes an OT win in Calgary and an amzing 3rd period in Edm. Losses to Buf and Van. Looked poor vs. TML last night.
The 1st line is fine, as is our 4th. Our D I think is good enough, but I dunno. We really need a forward or 2 going forward. Not Rick Nash though, Mats Zuccarello is who I would target. Guy is a dawg, can skate and can score. A perfect fit for line 2 in my opinion. Team needs a minor shake-up or just something to say we're allin. I dunno, they just haven't looked to great lately.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bad game. They chased the play too much, I will blame it on the long layoff but they need to be better.

The refs were terrible all night but Boston special teams were worse. At the end of the day we lost on a bad call but when special teams play like they did there’s not much you can do.

They absolutely need to improve the second line. Debrusk was good but that was about it.
my opinion is the B`s were lucky to be in this one at all regardless of the very questionable call with a minute left in the game.

2nd period, for a team who`d been off for days, playing their likely first round matchup was embarrassing, the Leafs speed and skill were on full display and the B`s were lucky to be tied heading into the 3rd.

I`ve said all along, the Leafs and Caps are the two teams that concern me the most and last night, without Matthews, the Leafs, yet again, showed why my concern is valid and I`m sorry, Rick Nash, if he indeed becomes a Bruin won`t change my mind.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Woke up his morning still pissed. Terrible call.

On top of that, Germany lost. Truck.

Cheaters never prosper?

I'm going to play Candy Land with my kid, and am totally stacking the deck.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I went to Toronto on my honey moon it's my favorite city in the world

Now that I got that over with where did I trash the city

"Torontarians, or whatever they call themselves"? It's a light swipe, I'll admit, but why take a swipe at a city, when what you mean to do is take a swipe at the fans of the city's team? Surely you see the difference.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
He sat because he had a bad game.

As far as Chara, the idea that Carlo made him look good is as much a joke as some of the crap you come out with about Carlo, to each his own. All I know is that Chara two years ago looked like ass, the last two years with young D partners that can actually skate and retrieve a puck, he looks much better. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Did Carlo change his number ????......I am looking for him..???.....I just hope Chara doesnt start looking old again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad