Post-Game Talk: Game 59 - Tim Peel Strikes Again - Hogtown 4 BRUINS 3 F - Bergeron leaves arena in walking boot

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
WOOF

**** happens i guess. That’s as bad of a call as I’ve seen on replay. If it’s gonna be like this just please dump the replays and call it live. Replay hasn’t solved a damn thing.

Regardless, speed kills and Toronto torched us all night with it. Rask did all he could to keep this one close.

Time for the forwards to get a lot tougher in the crease. It’s allowed apparently, and typically there’s a little more leniency in the playoffs.

Also. 1967.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree he had a solid three week stretch,,,And i believe he can be a number 4 DMAN........That said, he is a very young kid still learning a difficult position which it takes years to learn if you are not a phenom......Stanley cup hopeful teams cannot afford to have a raw kid in a top spot.... This is about the team, not Carlo. We cant send him out there in the playoffs and hope he is good and get what they got tonight. Playing top four is not a hit or miss.... If he was playing for the Rangers he can develop and have a bad game or two...wont matter...Here it does. BTW....Playing with a hall of famer all year also helped him a lot....Just saying.

This part is hilarious.

The Hall of Famer looked washed up two years ago. Last year he played with Carlo and looked pretty good. This year he played with McAvoy and looked even better. You think maybe the two young D partners had anything to do with that?...Just saying.

You want to move Carlo out and bring in a better D like McDonagh, I will listen, but I'm not trading him for a F, and definitely not a rental. Kid is 20 and has been playing Top 4 minutes for two seasons. This is not usual.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
From Joe McDonald on BSJ:

Not only did the Bruins drop a 4-3 decision to the Toronto Maple Leafs Saturday night at Air Canada Centre, Boston alternate captain Patrice Bergeron was seen leaving the arena with a walking boot on his right. There was no update on his condition, but he didn’t appear to be in too much discomfort.
Not sure when he suffered the injury, but he was hit in the right leg by a clearing puck near the benches in the first period and was clearly shaken up a bit as he made his way off the ice. He never missed a shift and logged 19:15 of ice.

Reactions: Lilou

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
I guess because the game was played at the "center" <sarcasm> of the hockey universe, the B's weren't going to get that call at the end.

But the encouraging thing is that even though being outplayed most of the game, they managed to be tied late in the 3rd.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I guess because the game was played at the "center" <sarcasm> of the hockey universe, the B's weren't going to get that call at the end.

But the encouraging thing is that even though being outplayed most of the game, they managed to be tied late in the 3rd.

Rask made a few dazzlers with the pads too though. I thought they were lucky to be tied. No doubt in my mind that they’ll need to be better going forward. The physical game was lacking a bit and the PK couldn’t keep up. It’s all good, a bounce back tomorrow in Podunk, NY should help my mood.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
This part is hilarious.

The Hall of Famer looked washed up two years ago. Last year he played with Carlo and looked pretty good. This year he played with McAvoy and looked even better. You think maybe the two young D partners had anything to do with that?...Just saying.

You want to move Carlo out and bring in a better D like McDonagh, I will listen, but I'm not trading him for a F, and definitely not a rental. Kid is 20 and has been playing Top 4 minutes for two seasons. This is not usual.
I never said i would trade him for Nash and i would not.....I said McDonagh......If you want to argue with someone...Go find the person who suggested a forward....That said....I think the kid needs to sit. Miller is better and Frankly Holden probably is also....Carlo looks to me like Paul Martin...I think thats his upside....But this team needs more consistency. And the suggestion that Carlo made Chara look good.......Is really just a joke..... Chara looked poor 2 years ago because the whole defense was sucking and he lost Seids and Boychuk and had to adjust...

I think the kid can be OK......But not now. I think the coaches are starting to feel that way also as he sat most of the third in a tie game. If that does not tell you something, then its just a fanboy thing and nobody can change that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I never said i would trade him for Nash and i would not.....I said McDonagh......If you want to argue with someone...Go find the person who suggested a forward....That said....I think the kid needs to sit. Miller is better and Frankly Holden probably is also....Carlo looks to me like Paul Martin...I think thats his upside....But this team needs more consistency. And the suggestion that Carlo made Chara look good.......Is really just a joke..... Chara looked poor 2 years ago because the whole defense was sucking and he lost Seids and Boychuk and had to adjust...

I think the kid can be OK......But not now. I think the coaches are starting to feel that way also as he sat most of the third in a tie game. If that does not tell you something, then its just a fanboy thing and nobody can change that.

He sat because he had a bad game.

As far as Chara, the idea that Carlo made him look good is as much a joke as some of the crap you come out with about Carlo, to each his own. All I know is that Chara two years ago looked like ass, the last two years with young D partners that can actually skate and retrieve a puck, he looks much better. Coincidence? I don't think so.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That entire game was last change which Babcock took full advantage of.Bruins need a top 6 winger and need to see what they have in Holden.Carlo is young and I am sure has a bright future but no way do I feel good with him in top 4 this year for playoffs Torch me but it was easy to see.Least get him out of top 4 on road vs teams like Leafs

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
He sat because he had a bad game.

As far as Chara, the idea that Carlo made him look good is as much a joke as some of the crap you come out with about Carlo, to each his own. All I know is that Chara two years ago looked like ass, the last two years with young D partners that can actually skate and retrieve a puck, he looks much better. Coincidence? I don't think so.
So Carlo made Chara look good again.....but when he plays with anyone else he looks average or below average like the last two games.....I guess we now know who Chara will ask to induct him into the HOF....,,,

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
From Joe McDonald on BSJ:

Not only did the Bruins drop a 4-3 decision to the Toronto Maple Leafs Saturday night at Air Canada Centre, Boston alternate captain Patrice Bergeron was seen leaving the arena with a walking boot on his right. There was no update on his condition, but he didn’t appear to be in too much discomfort.
Not sure when he suffered the injury, but he was hit in the right leg by a clearing puck near the benches in the first period and was clearly shaken up a bit as he made his way off the ice. He never missed a shift and logged 19:15 of ice.

Matthews be out a month lol

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So Carlo made Chara look good again.....but when he plays with anyone else he looks average or below average like the last two games.....I guess we now know who Chara will ask to induct him into the HOF....,,,

I think Carlo has looked good for the most part this year, but if you want to base it on a couple of games, do whatever floats your boat. Obviously, if a young guy plays with Chara, his experience and defensive prowess is going to help their game, just as their skating ability helps him. Same for McAvoy this season. It's a symbiotic relationship that both parties get something out of.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think it will be close regardless. If Babs can get his head out of his ass, it would be nice though. I have no idea why he was trying to "shut down" the Bergy line today with Leo and Kadri. They got absolutely hammered today.

Kadri though potted 2 to throw off the difference
He starting to play well at good time for yas.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I think Carlo has looked good for the most part this year, but if you want to base it on a couple of games, do whatever floats your boat. Obviously, if a young guy plays with Chara, his experience and defensive prowess is going to help their game, just as their skating ability helps him. Same for McAvoy this season. It's a symbiotic relationship that both parties get something out of.
I can agree with this.......That said, i dont want him in my top four come playoffs....and my guess is he wont be. But we will see i guess.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I was working tonight so I had to watch the game on Game center.

While at work , I followed the box score and drew some conclusions based on the stats.

1) based on the shot clock it would lead you to think the Leafs dominated (wrong)
2) when I saw two goals in the 1st I assumed Tuukka may be giving up Bananas (wrong)
3) After a long layoff I suspected the Bruins may have come out a little sleepy (wrong)
4) When I saw the Leafs tie the game late in the second I suspected some bogus officiating ( winner, winner, chicken dinner)
a) Chara broke the stick, so sadly, that is a penalty.
b) Marchand trying to clear the zone just as the TML PP starts but is held is a penalty as well, it is not an unimportant hold , it stopped him from clearing the zone which is very significant. (no call)
c) It appears one botched call is not going to do it so we call McAvoy for a trip on Lievo. Now Lievo may very well have been tripped but he may also have very well been demonstrating his diving skills ( he has asked for a trade and needs to show all his skills at this point) . So questionable tripping call should be accompanied by a questionable embellishment call , especially when it's going to give the Leafs a 2 man advantage.

5) And the most important point, and sadly , this is how the world works (just ask Rubio about not taking any more NRA donations going forward) .
a) who owns the Toronto Maple Leafs? Answer: Rogers
b) who owns the Canadian NHL rights (at a cost of 5.2B , that's B not M, Billion is a lot of money ) ? Answer: Rogers
c) call me crazy but is that not a conflict of interest right there?
d) who is the NHL's two biggest meal tickets (you guessed it , TML and Rogers ) , do you see the problem here?
6) We go to Toronto to ask if there was goalie interference on a goal for Toronto (bahahahaha) good one , of course there wasn't , if Toronto scores it's always a good goal.

To finish, let's hope we can get passed TB and let them face the Leafs. I suspect who ever faces the Leafs , especially in the 1st round, is going to have to play against both the Leafs and the Zebras.

Rogers is a Canadian company that pays some very serious dollars to the NHL. With the Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Edmonton and probably Calgary out not making the PO's , that leaves the Leafs and Winnipeg (VERY SMALL MARKET TEAM) so you can probably figure out the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook and naruto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->