Post-Game Talk: Game 59 - Tim Peel Strikes Again - Hogtown 4 BRUINS 3 F - Bergeron leaves arena in walking boot

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Team loss but has Rask played in all these losses to Toronto? Seems they have his number like Montreal did for many years.
Most teams would have his number if they were allowed to interfere with him and knock him off balance with no calls

Reactions: Scruffy

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Translation of Bruce's comments after the game: I don't make as much as Claude and don't want to give this shady league any of my money via a fine.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
LOL! NHL official statement a total joke. Are you kidding me with that ****? Then why the hell did you go to replay if you are saying the referee made the call? Of course he made the call you dolts. He made the wrong call and that's why it went to reply. What a moronic statement by the NHL.
Its not rocket scinence. Tim. Peel.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Depressing loss. Bruins played a poor game and the Leafs seem to have our number. You can throw our win against the Leafs a few weeks ago out the window, because the Leafs had played a lot of games in a short span and were clearly gassed.

Reactions: Kelly and naruto

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
The NHL needs to take the goalie interference review completely out of the hands of the refs. Firstly, every referee has a different interpretation of what constitutes interference. Therefore, there is no consistency. Let the NHL make the call 100% of the time. Second, refs are humans. They can show bias towards their own view, even if they don't realize they're doing it. Let a third party review it and make the call.

Reactions: Pia8988 and Scruffy

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The only game against Toronto that the Bruins have won is the one Matthews played in. :help:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
LOL! NHL official statement a total joke. Are you kidding me with that ****? Then why the hell did you go to replay if you are saying the referee made the call? Of course he made the call you dolts. He made the wrong call and that's why it went to reply. What a moronic statement by the NHL.

Exactly.

And the fact that they released this statement so quickly shows me they KNOW the call was B's. But want to try to save face here.

Miss me with that bs.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
On the bus back home now. Hard game to watch, especially the 2nd. We looked cooked. But...that call to give the 5 on 3...crap.

I missed what specifically happened on the final goal but I immediately suspected interference. Was that the case?

Anyway, carry on and let Toronto gloat. It’ll take more than a season series to erase 2013.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Wow. Just an awful performance. Embarrassing to lose 3 times to a Leafs team without Matthews. The only players who I thought had really good games were Kuraly and Kevan Miller.

Can you blame me for picking the Leafs in the game a few weeks ago? Probably the only reason we won that time is that the Leafs had played 6 times in 8 nights or something.

So why is it embarrassing to lose to a team that you seem to think is better than the Bruins in the first place?

Reactions: Chief Nine

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This was from 4ORRBRUIN in the GDT (in reference to the B's not having a chance against TOR in the playoffs:

What going to change? The playoffs?

So, each team wins a game 4-1, and TOR beats BOS 3-2 in OT and then 4-3 on a horseshit call and I am supposed to feel like the Bruins don't have a chance against the Leafs in the playoffs?

Please...

Why don't you go buy your Leaf's jersey now? Freakin disgrace.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The one thing I'm enjoying tonight is the baiting by leafs fans on the main board threads.

Insecurities galore from that fanbase. I guess if we had their history maybe we'd be the same.

Reactions: Scruffy

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If Peel does any of our playoff games like last year we are in serious trouble. This guy appears to have it in for us, sick of seeing officials deciding games.

Reactions: Save By Thomas

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
On the bus back home now. Hard game to watch, especially the 2nd. We looked cooked. But...that call to give the 5 on 3...crap.

I missed what specifically happened on the final goal but I immediately suspected interference. Was that the case?

Anyway, carry on and let Toronto gloat. It’ll take more than a season series to erase 2013.

You have multiple neutral (and toronto) fans saying it was goaltender interference and no goal. So fair bet you’d agree. :laugh:

Reactions: Chief Nine

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I wouldn't be so upset about that goal call if it didn't happen a minute after Toronto got another scoring chance by crosschecking Pastrnak square in the back and they let that go.

I'm not saying there's a fix for Toronto, but I do think certain refs like Peel are cowards and afraid to make calls against the home team in big spots in arenas like Toronto and Montreal. Every piece of evidence in the world showed that was interference, and they knew it, but were intimidated by the big stage of the Air Canada Centre during a HNIC broadcast.
Not a fan of either team but that was highway robbery. B's fans should be infuriated as the Leafs had 2 PP's to finally tie the game and then in the 3rd their could've easily been 2 or 3 blatant calls on the Leafs and nothing called and then this mysterious GWG. Makes no sense and it puts the Leafs with a chance at home ice. They lose the game B's have great odds at home ice. Famous old Leaf refereeing is back hopefully it doesn't happen in the playoffs

Reactions: minpind

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
..Good for him ..Its his way of saying we deserved to lose.I think Cassidy more upset with effort.This game waz perfect for Sweeney to see needs help.

It wasn't the B's best game, but they still had a chance to take points out of it if not for that BS call. If I was Cassidy, I would be pissed at the team, and the refs.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
This was from 4ORRBRUIN in the GDT (in reference to the B's not having a chance against TOR in the playoffs:

What going to change? The playoffs?

So, each team wins a game 4-1, and TOR beats BOS 3-2 in OT and then 4-3 on a horse**** call and I am supposed to feel like the Bruins don't have a chance against the Leafs in the playoffs?

Please...

Why don't you go buy your Leaf's jersey now? Freakin disgrace.

Sad thing is he ain’t alone...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2