Confirmed with Link: Ducks officially name Randy Carlyle head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
How did BM do that last year? Or in 2013? Or now? It's a fun myth that ultimately doesn't hold up particularly well.

You must have missed swapping out Beleskey for Hagelin, and all of Murray's quotes about needing to "be faster" last year. They didn't need to be faster. They needed some puck luck, and a 3C who could be trusted to play anywhere but the offensive zone against the other team's 4th line. The year before we weren't tough enough to play against and he sheds kill by dumping Perreault for no obvious reason. This year, we will have to see, won't we?

Oct 18, 2011
As we've seen the game can change in a season and even this past year the team had the most success when they were playing physical. Especially against undersized speed teams.
We were manhandled by Nashville we lost because of that not the lack of speed and skill.

the ducks lost to nashville because their two best players didn't show up on top of a couple of secondary guys like rakell and perron being injured

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Again ignore his roster in Toronto and the last 2 seasons here. I can assure you the last 2 Ducks teams on paper were much better

And the '08 team was inarguably better, and the '11 team was at least the equal of the team that actually entered the playoffs this year with all the injuries.

I don't care how bad the talent is. If that talent is up 4-1 with 11 minutes up in a Game 7, it has no business losing, and is a FAR worse choke than anything that BB managed.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
So youre saying the teams best players quit on BB the same coach you're going that was fired?

Perry appears to have. Getzlaf just didn't show up the same he he's never showed up in a critical series for almost his entire career, but he was clearly trying and hadn't quit.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
And the '08 team was inarguably better, and the '11 team was at least the equal of the team that actually entered the playoffs this year with all the injuries.

I don't care how bad the talent is. If that talent is up 4-1 with 11 minutes up in a Game 7, it has no business losing, and is a FAR worse choke than anything that BB managed.

That's debatable but the fact remains BB always chokes in the playoffs unlike Carlyle

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So youre saying the teams best players quit on BB the same coach you're going that was fired?

There's a difference between quitting on a coach and not performing to your standards. Don't forget the key injuries we had as well.

If they did quit on Bruce, they already quit on RC, so now we'll get a whole season of terrible Getz and Perry instead of just a playoff series...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So do you really think the Ducks will be a lottery team now or that a little overreaction?

Probably an overreaction, but I do believe we won't be making the playoffs with RC coaching us.

Not sure why you're bringing that up with this quote, since it had nothing to do with it.

Oct 18, 2011
That's debatable but the fact remains BB always chokes in the playoffs unlike Carlyle

You do realize Carlyle coached one of the NHL's all time choke jobs right?
In 2008 who was the man that coached that embarrassing flame out against Dallas?
And pretty sure he was the coach here when they lost to Nashville the first time too

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Why are we even discussing Carlyle vs. BB? The idiocy here is that Carlyle was chosen over EVERY OTHER CANDIDATE.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
You must have missed swapping out Beleskey for Hagelin, and all of Murray's quotes about needing to "be faster" last year. They didn't need to be faster. They needed some puck luck, and a 3C who could be trusted to play anywhere but the offensive zone against the other team's 4th line. The year before we weren't tough enough to play against and he sheds kill by dumping Perreault for no obvious reason. This year, we will have to see, won't we?

No, I addressed his quotes, pointing out that his actions didn't really back that up. He acquired Hagelin, trading away Etem and Palmieri in the process, so maybe we got a little faster. He was also completely caught off guard that he was even available, so he wasn't even actively pursuing him, he just fell into his lap. And that doesn't even happen if Bels signs the exact same contract Hags did. And he followed that trade up by getting a defenseman who is pretty mobile, and more mobile than the guy he replaced, but hardly a speedster, and by signing guys like Horcoff and Stewart who are also far from speedsters. If you include Wiz, you can actually make the argument we got slower as a team overall.

Judging by what he's actually done, he's been fairly consistent in his additions since pretty much 2012. For the most part, he's gradually tried to make the team tougher and tougher to play against. Like I said, I know he says the same thing pretty much every summer, and maybe he tries to do that and strikes out wildly more often than not. But judging by his record, there's a consistent theme.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Probably an overreaction, but I do believe we won't be making the playoffs with RC coaching us.

Not sure why you're bringing that up with this quote, since it had nothing to do with it.
Because you're posting emotionally about a coach you desperately didn't want during the entire thread

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Again, Carlyle has lost 4 of his last 5 series. 3 of those losses were chokes. He's managed exact jack and squat in the last decade. Let that sink in. It's been a decade since he had any significant playoff success. That's not debatable.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
No, I addressed his quotes, pointing out that his actions didn't really back that up. He acquired Hagelin, trading away Etem and Palmieri in the process, so maybe we got a little faster. He was also completely caught off guard that he was even available, so he wasn't even actively pursuing him, he just fell into his lap. And that doesn't even happen if Bels signs the exact same contract Hags did. And he followed that trade up by getting a defenseman who is pretty mobile, and more mobile than the guy he replaced, but hardly a speedster, and by signing guys like Horcoff and Stewart who are also far from speedsters. If you include Wiz, you can actually make the argument we got slower as a team overall.

Judging by what he's actually done, he's been fairly consistent in his additions since pretty much 2012. For the most part, he's gradually tried to make the team tougher and tougher to play against. Like I said, I know he says the same thing pretty much every summer, and maybe he tries to do that and strikes out wildly more often than not. But judging by his record, there's a consistent theme.

The consistent theme with BM is overreaction and massive roster turnover every offseason.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
If Perry and Getzlaf show up in shape because of Carlyle (professional athletes) it is somehow being considered a negative in this thread :laugh:

Do you have long term amnesia or do you honestly not remember how terrible Carlyle coached Ducks teams have been to start seasons?

His bag skates aren't going to mean squat when they have to use all of their energy just to get in the playoffs.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Because you're posting emotionally about a coach you desperately didn't want during the entire thread

Still no point in bringing up that quote. All I'm saying is, we're hiring a coach who actually believes helmets cause concussions. If that doesn't raise a red flag for you, then I don't know what to tell you. You're completely out of touch with the modern NHL.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
If Perry and Getzlaf show up in shape because of Carlyle (professional athletes) it is somehow being considered a negative in this thread :laugh:

Perry and Getzlaf should be showing up in shape no matter who the coach is. That's them being lazy POS for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad