Confirmed with Link: Ducks officially name Randy Carlyle head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Bucci Mane ‏@Buccigross 5m5 minutes ago
I'm hearing candidates for the @AnaheimDucks head coaching job are being told Randy Carlyle will be the choice. Coached their 5+ years.

EDIT: Confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Haha, awesome. The freak out here will be worth the hiring on its own.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Seems like a weird thing to be leaked. Also not sure why BM would inform other candidates who the Ducks were going with. Seems unnecessary especially when repercussions like this almost always leak out.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Seems like a weird thing to be leaked. Also not sure why BM would inform other candidates who the Ducks were going with. Seems unnecessary especially when repercussions like this almost always leak out.

He would do so out of respect to them.

Oct 18, 2011
awful, this franchise is stuck in the past, get ready to watch this team chase pucks all game, Pronger and Niedermayer are NOT walking thru that door folks.

Reactions: HanSolo

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
He would do so out of respect to them.

I get the theory behind that, but frankly it is none of their business, especially candidates from outside the organization. If this is a leak through one of MacLean or Yawney then that is understandable, but if it was let's say Green, it just seems polar opposite from how the Ducks do their business.

Oct 18, 2011
Carlyle=1 playoff series win since 2007
wonder how much ownership influenced this, since they only care about making the playoffs, not winning

Reactions: HanSolo
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I get the theory behind that, but frankly it is none of their business, especially candidates from outside the organization. If this is a leak through one of MacLean or Yawney then that is understandable, but if it was let's say Green, it just seems polar opposite from how the Ducks do their business.

No, that's just common courtesy, and for any job. They went deep in the interview procean, they're not going to find out they didn't get the job on freaking twitter.

The timing is the only thing that seems off, to me, unless they plan on announcing it tonight. Not odd to tell the runners up that they didn't get it, very odd to tell them up to a full day before you make it official. So I do question it a bit.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
09e6eff0-2c72-0132-3ffb-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Carlyle=1 playoff series win since 2007
wonder how much ownership influenced this, since they only care about making the playoffs, not winning

Since when are the two mutually exclusive? If they only cared about making the playoffs, and not winning, they wouldn't have signed off on Murray's firing of Boudreau.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha F this team

where are all you people who wanted BB fired? well here's what you get

effing pathetic

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
No, that's just common courtesy, and for any job. They went deep in the interview procean, they're not going to find out they didn't get the job on freaking twitter.

The timing is the only thing that seems off, to me, unless they plan on announcing it tonight. Not odd to tell the runners up that they didn't get it, very odd to tell them up to a full day before you make it official. So I do question it a bit.

Definitely should tell them they didn't get the job, but I don't think they need to know who did before anyone else.

"You were an excellent candidate and received heavy consideration but we've decided to go with someone else".

I don't see any reason why they would need to hear anything more.

Oct 18, 2011
Since when are the two mutually exclusive? If they only cared about making the playoffs, and not winning, they wouldn't have signed off on Murray's firing of Boudreau.

because the roster is good enough to make the playoffs, and to them carlyle is a proven commodity, whereas an unproven guy they probably see a lot more risk in. basically the ducks decided to play it safe in their view.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Definitely should tell them they didn't get the job, but I don't think they need to know who did before anyone else.

"You were an excellent candidate and received heavy consideration but we've decided to go with someone else".

Hockey's a small community, wouldn't be hard for them to put the pieces together, and quickly. I don't see much issue with it.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012

Agree with this. It may be true but for example, if Travis Green was told he didn't get the job, why would he be told who did? If for no reason other than to prevent a leak before it's announced. And also would be very unprofessional for someone from outside the organization to speak to media about something like this before the team announces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->