Confirmed with Link: Ducks officially name Randy Carlyle head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011

Translation: unless he changes his entire coaching system, he sucks. Pronger and Niedermayer are not here to save him this time

Oct 18, 2011
You're honestly going to compare the two? Lol that's rich.

Losing to the eventual winner sure as hell did not make me feel better about losing to those teams, and the only time the leafs made the playoffs was a season where 34 fewer games were played, in otherwords he massively benefited from the short season

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Losing to the eventual winner sure as hell did make me feel better about losing to those teams, and the only time the leafs made the playoffs was a season where 34 fewer games were played, in otherwords he massively benefited from the short season

I meant more the series'. The Leafs were down 3-1 and were a heavy underdog, we were up 3-2 and we're the higher seed.

He had some truly awful teams in Toronto, and some very forgetable ones later on here. IMO he had more success than those clubs had any right to.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I meant more the series'. The Leafs were down 3-1 and were a heavy underdog, we were up 3-2 and we're the higher seed.

He had some truly awful teams in Toronto, and some very forgetable ones later on here. IMO he had more success than those clubs had any right to.

Already mentioned million times they will ignore the roster on the leafs

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Let's say the Ducks make the playoffs which is very likely, would you trust BB more during those games?

Yes. Especially after this season where he showed he was willing to change his system. Not his fault we lost in the playoffs this year, that was all on Getz and Perry not showing up.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Already mentioned million times they will ignore the roster on the leafs

Teams overachieve. Look at Colorado, Flames, Canucks. Something all of those teams had in common were bad possession numbers, that includes the RC coached Leafs. Unless he's completely changed his system, he's going to run the same possession killing strategy that doesn't work.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I think it's naive to think Carlyle is just going to come in and run the exact system he did in 2010. I really don't think BM would be hiring him if he just came into the interview with that kind of action plan.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Between RC and his antiquated ways, our aging stars who don't believe in fitness having their best days behind them, and their hate of the new coach, this coming season is shaping up to be a ****ing disaster.

Are there any McDavids, Eichels, or Matthews in next year's draft?

Oct 18, 2011
the underlying numbers on Carlyle have been consistent his entire career, I don't think that's likely to change.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Well, it looks like once again BM has chosen to emulate the winning Cup team in the offseason.

Do you think that he's aware that there aren't actually generational players to tank for the next two years?

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha F this team

where are all you people who wanted BB fired? well here's what you get

effing pathetic

Not all of us wanted JUST BB fired. I, for one, wanted BM gone before he had any chance to **** up this team roster-wise, or coach-wise. Let the new, fresh thinking GM bring in his own coach...someone whom he's on the same page with on what kind of team/players they want. This is what happens when you don't cut ties with one of the major problems with management.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Between RC and his antiquated ways, our aging stars who don't believe in fitness having their best days behind them, and their hate of the new coach, this coming season is shaping up to be a ****ing disaster.

Are there any McDavids, Eichels, or Matthews in next year's draft?

Nolan Patrick.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
kpipey-b78378031z.120080723170013000gj9d6i49.1.jpg

DaDucks*

I think I can get behind this... I doubt RC will run the offense/defense/special teams through Fowler. So, that's a huge +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad