Confirmed with Link: Ducks officially name Randy Carlyle head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I don't have any issue with Carlyle back here. At least he holds his guys accountable, we had the ultimate players coach for long enough. Also Randy seems to be good at giving his players defined roles, which I'm a big fan of, especially come playoff time.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't have any issue with Carlyle back here. At least he holds his guys accountable, we had the ultimate players coach for long enough. Also Randy seems to be good at giving his players defined roles, which I'm a big fan of, especially come playoff time.

Which could also be a major downside if he, say, decides Kesler is going to be his Pahlsson, like he did with Grabovski in Toronto. Now Kesler works much better for that than Grabo, but it's also probably not properly utilizing Kes.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Definitely should tell them they didn't get the job, but I don't think they need to know who did before anyone else.

"You were an excellent candidate and received heavy consideration but we've decided to go with someone else".

I don't see any reason why they would need to hear anything more.

BINGO. If people are putting the pieces together thats one thing, but Buccigross is reporting that candidates are being told that RC is the new head coach. I don't like that.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Calling it now, Ducks will be a lottery team next season. And no one will blame RC, instead they'll blame Murray for trading away whatever defensemen we end up trading away. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised it Murray trades Lindholm or lets him get OS.

Oct 18, 2011

and he's had no playoff success in 9 years...

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Looking forward to dump and chase, slow, uninspired hockey. I'm guessing the possession numbers will plummet.

I change my mind.... Can we get BB back and fire Barstool instead?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Looking forward to dump and chase, slow, uninspired hockey. I'm guessing the possession numbers will plummet.

I change my mind.... Can we get BB back and fire Barstool instead?

But it'll all be worth it because he yells at his players! Just imagine, a pissed of Getzlaf and Perry! Oh wait, that didn't change anything the last time RC was here with those two around.

Who cares if he "holds his players accountable" that means nothing when the system he uses do not work in the modern NHL. Possession is key to success, and that's the exact opposite of his system.

Oct 18, 2011
Well yeah, he was in Toronto... As far as I can remember I was happy with all of our playoff series while Carlyle coached.

and he was here too, he hasn't had any playoff success in a decade, save for 1 series in 2009 against the sharks

he also had one of the most spectacular playoff loses of all time in Toronto when they blew a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes left, so i guess our game 7 problems are fixed!

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
luke-noooo-o.gif

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
and he was here too, he hasn't had any playoff success in a decade, save for 1 series in 2009 against the sharks

he also had one of the most spectacular playoff loses of all time in Toronto when they blew a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes left, so i guess our game 7 problems are fixed!

The flip side of that is they had the eventual Eastern Conference Champs on the ropes despite having no business being anywhere near game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese