Doug Weight

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Stop debating talent. Do you think that people out there can't judge a coach just because the team in front of his lacks talent?

The Giants have been killed by injuries and have a poor OL, horrible RB's, and overall lack talent...Doesn't mean that everyone should see that McAdoo is a joke and should've been fired long ago.

You can have a horrible coach on a talent-deficient team. That's what capuano was when he first started. Doesn't mean he still didn't do a piss-poor job regardless of that team not being playoff-caliber.
People can judge whatever the hell they want. I don't care. Knock yourselves out. I'm just reminding you of that lineup. Go ahead and take a look at that pitiful roster. No coach would have been able to do any better with that squad. As obvious as the sun being bright.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Not worst ever. Just not good enough. And when it's determined you're not good enough, you should be fired immediately.

I strongly disagree with these types of thoughts. It's the same as wanting the best lineup to start from day 1. It's short sighted. Sometimes an alright coach is better for the stability of the franchise than having a revolving door of them trying to find the right one year in and year out. They should have been looking for replacements though. Those back to back 100 point seasons saved him unfortunately.

Tom Coughlin might not have been the answer for the Giants anymore, but the franchise would've been better off if they left him in place instead of hiring McApoo.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I strongly disagree with these types of thoughts. It's the same as wanting the best lineup to start from day 1. It's short sighted. Sometimes an alright coach is better for the stability of the franchise than having a revolving door of them trying to find the right one year in and year out. They should have been looking for replacements though. Those back to back 100 point seasons saved him unfortunately.

Tom Coughlin might not have been the answer for the Giants anymore, but the franchise would've been better off if they left him in place instead of hiring McApoo.
Jack Capuano can coach football better than McApoo. What a f***ing ass clown.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I really hope when Florida comes to the Barclays Center we don't have some stupid video montage for Capuano. That would be horrible, pretending like he actually contributed something to this organization.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I really hope when Florida comes to the Barclays Center we don't have some stupid video montage for Capuano. That would be horrible, pretending like he actually contributed something to this organization.

They're going to raise a banner to put next to Arbour's.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
People can judge whatever the hell they want. I don't care. Knock yourselves out. I'm just reminding you of that lineup. Go ahead and take a look at that pitiful roster. No coach would have been able to do any better with that squad. As obvious as the sun being bright.

Weight did better with the same lineup...

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
That 15-16 season was pure luck. The team was propped up by an unsustainable PK and unsustainable goaltending. We had no business beating Florida.

Yeah, 82 game season and a first round victory and tied 1 game a piece and in OT in games 3 and 4 with full support of the players involved were all pure luck. Give me a break.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Weight did better with the same lineup...
Hold on... I said the 2010 lineup. The 2016/2017 lineup is VERY different and fair to suggest Weight was/is a better option than Capuano (though even with Weight they didn't make the playoffs). I'd go even further and suggest that a proven NHL coach would've been an even better option.

The team does look good so far under Weight but let's see him lead them to the playoffs (and have some success) before giving him high praise.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Not worst ever. Just not good enough. And when it's determined you're not good enough, you should be fired immediately.

Determined by who, you, the fans?
He did a decent job with what he had with a franchise that was on the verge of crumbling due to poor ownership.

He is not a Hall a Famer and won’t get a banner but not many coaches would have gotten more from his players and most would have done much worse.

Last edited:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Yeah, 82 game season and a first round victory and tied 1 game a piece and in OT in games 3 and 4 with full support of the players involved were all pure luck. Give me a break.

In the first round Greiss posted a .943 SV% with a career average of .915%. Tavares had 9 points in 6 games. In the second round Greiss had a .888 SV% and Tavares had 2 points. That was a one line wild card team that won a playoff round on the backs of 2 players with unsustainable play. Hence why Tampa made quick work of us in 5 games. Oh, and Thomas Hickey was 4th on the team in points with 5. We had absolutely no secondary scoring on that team.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
In the first round Greiss posted a .943 SV% with a career average of .915%. Tavares had 9 points in 6 games. In the second round Greiss had a .888 SV% and Tavares had 2 points. That was a one line wild card team that won a playoff round on the backs of 2 players with unsustainable play. Hence why Tampa made quick work of us in 5 games. Oh, and Thomas Hickey was 4th on the team in points with 5. We had absolutely no secondary scoring on that team.

So you agree Cappy got a lot out of that team, right?
And the Tampa series could have gone either way.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
So you agree Cappy got a lot out of that team, right?
And the Tampa series could have gone either way.
No, he didn't. The majority of the team that is playing well now played very poorly. Bailey, Lee, Leddy, and Boychuk were all bad in the playoffs that year. Ironically Bailey and Lee now form our first line, and Leddy has been Norris caliber since Weight took over. That's not a coincidence.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011

Wh... what? I've totally missed that. Did someone actually offered him a job? Haha, poor Florida.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Cappy should get some credit as he won a playoff series and got to the playoffs 3 out of 4 times and the Tampa series was a loss due to not having offensive depth that Cappy did not have at the time. I don't think Cappy would get us to where we are now and I am a Cappy apologist, but as much as the coach changed, the Isles built a Chicago model that didn't exist with Cappy.

Draft 2 star forwards - Kane/Toews - JT/Barzal
Develop a top 5 dman - Keith - Leddy
Acquire a proven scoring wing - Hossa - Eberle
Rely on mediocre goalies - Crawford/Niemi - Halak/Greiss

Pretty close to Chicago formula of development

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Wh... what? I've totally missed that. Did someone actually offered him a job? Haha, poor Florida.

Assistant coach think of it as Trump didn't want Romney in his cabinet because Romney looked more like the president so he got Mnuchin so he could look like an elite... Boughner must have hired him for optics

Reactions: Wanderson

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Christ even when he's been gone for a year, Capuano complaints have to hijack thread. He was a mediocre coach. He's also (pathetically, sure) second in all of our all time coaching stats, won a playoff round, and by all accounts was well liked by his players. We've had and will have worse coaches. I swear some Isles fans' attention is 90% vitriol for our crappy old coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad