Doug Weight

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
All those you mentioned are teams that are going nowhere.

You could do that with every coach. Every coach either has a pet or a vet that they lean on too heavily for their fans liking. Every. Single. One.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I'm sorry I have to do this because I have defended Weight but what the f*** is going on with this guy? Why the f*** am I watching Cal Clutterbuck ON THE FIRST POWERPLAY UNIT? Jesus f***ing Christ.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
I'm sorry I have to do this because I have defended Weight but what the **** is going on with this guy? Why the **** am I watching Cal Clutterbuck ON THE FIRST POWERPLAY UNIT? Jesus ****ing Christ.

Honestly I think he's running out of ideas. Nobody friggin moves. Nobody stands in front. No threat of a big shot. It's pathetic

Reactions: Bones45

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Honestly I think he's running out of ideas. Nobody friggin moves. Nobody stands in front. No threat of a big shot. It's pathetic

it's been 3 years of this. it has to be weight's gameplan for the powerplay. i refuse to believe that for 3 years, players are "lethargic, lax, slow" when they're up a man. it starts and ends with weight

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
it's been 3 years of this. it has to be weight's gameplan for the powerplay. i refuse to believe that for 3 years, players are "lethargic, lax, slow" when they're up a man. it starts and ends with weight
I agree that the issues are with the coaching staff, but the players do not move. When you watch the PP its the same thing over and over. No movement and no net front presence. See a lane, shoot the g.d. puck!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I don't care what the record is or what spot in the standings we're at, the first 10 games have been less than stellar. I'm not ready to start ripping Weight yet but I want to see how he handles correcting the areas where the team is deficient-the PP, the giveaways, the slow starts to games.

I haven't been impressed with his lineup choices, his handling of who goes out on the PP (Clutterbuck on PP1???? Really Dougie???), and until last night he sounded like he was regurgitating Cappy's words in his post games. Last night Weight was candid and frank the way he was last season. I guess when you have the interim tag removed and it's your ass on the line you handle yourself differently.

The next 10 games feature 6 road games and only 3 games in the Metro. Time to get it in gear Dougie.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
There is no accountability on the Isles -- not as a player or a coach... hell -- not even the GM is held to any standard. For decades now....

The better questions is..

Why are we surprised when we suck?

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
There is no accountability on the Isles -- not as a player or a coach... hell -- not even the GM is held to any standard. For decades now....

The better questions is..

Why are we surprised when we suck?

Dougie enforces accountability on Ho-Sang and his turnovers, so he is trying but only on one individual.

Mind bottling

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Starting to think this guy is just a clown. Also dont think our captain does ANYTHING vocally to motivate this team. Team lacks leadership everywhere.

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
Starting to think this guy is just a clown. Also dont think our captain does ANYTHING vocally to motivate this team. Team lacks leadership everywhere.

Lack of leadership does seem to be part of the problem and JT doesnt seem like the most vocal guy.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Beau on the fourth line tomorrow. Great idea.
I don't like that either. I like him at center but the B-line was doing very well. And Beau will playing with our worst wingers (outside of Chimera) with probably not much ice time. Another great move by Weight!

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I like how he willingly deploys 11 forwards and 7 defenseman after not doing it at all in the preseason.
The way he handled the team in the preseason was the way he handle the team last season. For some reason, he turned into Fred Flintstone when the season started. I have no idea what he’s doing and I don’t think he does either.

Reactions: Eberzal

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think this early in the season you have to give the coaching staff, just like the players, a bit of leeway as they implement their system and get everyone on the same page, as well as tweak lineups to see what works, what doesn't. Otherwise, you run the risk of overreacting (positively or negatively) based on a hot or slow start.

Case in point: most Isles fans were giddy about Weight last season because the Isles "played at a 100+ point pace the second half". People were ready to declare the team a lock for the playoffs because of how they finished under Weight. Now, ten games into this season and Weight is being compared to Capuano.

There's probably a middle ground between the two, but it'll take more than 10 games to determine ultimately what you've got behind the bench. A lot of teams are sloppy right now, not just the Isles.

Reactions: dood

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Snow runs this team. ANyone on this board could coach the team and we wouldnt notice because coachs just do what gm's tel them to do these days. Even for the yankees. Snow cant run a power play or he would of fixed that problem. Which to me, is a lack of shooters, guys that arent afraid to be puck hogs, or miss the net. Everyone wants to be a nice guy pass to the teammate.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
In Weight's defense, we did rebound against the Wild in a big way. Doubt that ever happened under Cappy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad