Zach Hyman Or Josh Anderson?

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Don't think there is a single team in the NHL now that would take Anderson over Hyman.

Hyman's ability to play on any line, with any type of player is very valuable.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Would love to have either of them on the Oilers.

Dylan Holloway should be told to watch a bunch of tape of these two guys and be told that is exactly how he needs to play when he’s in the NHL.

Guys that play with as much effort, speed, and tenacity with some size will always be loved by whatever fan base they play for.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Would love to have either of them on the Oilers.

Dylan Holloway should be told to watch a bunch of tape of these two guys and be told that is exactly how he needs to play when he’s in the NHL.

Guys that play with as much effort, speed, and tenacity with some size will always be loved by whatever fan base they play for.
Holloway will be fine regardless. The guy is a gem! Probably my favorite Oilers prospect since this schmuck named McDavid

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Holloway will be fine regardless. The guy is a gem! Probably my favorite Oilers prospect since this schmuck named McDavid

Same. He’s far and away my favourite prospect for us. If he can bring what Hyman or Anderson can to our lineup after he’s developed for a few years, then that’s a great pick at 14.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I think Anderson at his peak is a better player, but Hyman is consistently good.

I take Hyman, but this is close honestly.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
The better poll would be Anderson vs Spezza since Anderson has almost caught up to Spezza in points. Lol

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Anderson is bigger, much faster, more talented. Hyman works hard but he's more like Nick Foligno or Brooks Laich and sometimes shuts down his own line by being unable to keep the play alive. If Anderson didn't have the injury concerns he does it would be a complete no brainer.

I'm a Leaf fan; agreeing wholeheartedly with this.

Anderson is a guy who can create goals on his own. He's big, strong, physical and intimidating.

Hyman works his ### off, and does it every night. Hyman certainly has consistency and maybe defensive play over Anderson. Anderson has everything else.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Don't think there is a single team in the NHL now that would take Anderson over Hyman.

Hyman's ability to play on any line, with any type of player is very valuable.
oh ye, when Hyman left the first line who replaced him *********************************check note**************************** oh ya Galchenyuk and old man Foligno or Thornton.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

If you present both players to any gm in the league, I really can't see many of them, if any, choosing Hyman over Anderson. I've read multiple times in Leaf threads that Anderson would sure look good in a Leaf uniform. I don't think I've ever seen a Hab thread where anyone said that about Hyman.

Ask yourself honestly, as a Leaf supporter, would you trade Hyman for Anderson? I think you'd do it in a heartbeat. However, you'd be hard pressed to find a Hab fan that would trade Anderson for Hyman.

Anyhow, let the poll results play out and we'll see what the majority of fans think. I believe if you remove biased voters from the poll, on both sides, the results be much more one sided than they already are.

To be fair, I actually don't think the Leafs would trade Hyman for Anderson...and there's a couple of legitimate "not being a better player" reasons for that.

1. Anderson makes $5.5m. Hyman should be $1m less.

2. The Leafs have 4 big offensive creators in Matthews, Marner, Tavares & Nylander. Zach Hyman, being a solid 2-way player, is the better "compliment" for those guys.

That being said, if Andersen were available, and the Leafs could figure out how to make the cap work, he'd be an unreal addition to this group.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Weird, how the contract doesn't come up in this comparison?

I''ll help everyone
Play: Anderson>=Hyman
with contracts: Anderson<<<<<Hyman

That's how its done?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad