Zach Hyman Or Josh Anderson?

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Anderson is bigger, much faster, more talented. Hyman works hard but he's more like Nick Foligno or Brooks Laich and sometimes shuts down his own line by being unable to keep the play alive. If Anderson didn't have the injury concerns he does it would be a complete no brainer.
i do agree Anderson is more talented but they are producing similarly and Hyman is a more complete player. Anderson is more of a pure power forward. When Hyman is a 2-way guy

Reactions: uncleben

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
i do agree Anderson is more talented but they are producing similarly and Hyman is a more complete player. Anderson is more of a pure power forward. When Hyman is a 2-way guy

It's still easier to get what Hyman brings from lunchpail guys around the league than what Anderson does as there are very few players like him. Also hard to say how well he'd do in Toronto's lineup given a spot with Matthews+Marner or Tavares+Nylander plus their much better puck movement from the backend. Not that Hyman is a bad player by any stretch

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Both are valuable players but imo Anderson brings a rarer skill set being a big power forward who can punish other teams physically.
And while offensive production is similar I think Hyman has been put in a better position to score and put up points given Toronto’s high octane offense. Anderson needs to create more on his own without as much help imo.

Reactions: banks

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Anderson has a higher talent ceiling but overall I think Hyman has been the better player this year.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Hyman very easily for me at least as of now. He might be the most tenacious forward in the NHL. I used to criticize him a lot and thought he was a 4th liner but his hands caught up a decent bit. The dude is like an instant fix on any line you put him in in terms of how good of a puck hound he is and now how solid a puck carrier he is. He's done a great job of adding the ability to drive to the net and his play around the net. He was always good along the boards.

Josh Anderson obviously can hit and has a good shot but I feel like Hyman has become a bit more of a rarer player. There are certainly guys that have his skillset but he's like a turbocharged version. I used to cringe at seeing him play with Nylander/Matthews but he fully deserves a spot on any line you put him in.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Obviously it's Anderson. If you're a Leaf fan or anti Hab fan you most likely vote for Hyman but in reality, given the opportunity, you would take Anderson anyway.

Power forwards are at a premium. Two way players that can get you 30-40 points, a dime a dozen.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Zach Hyman is the most underrated player in the league.

Obviously it's Anderson. If you're a Leaf fan or anti Hab fan you most likely vote for Hyman but in reality, given the opportunity, you would take Anderson anyway.

Power forwards are at a premium. Two way players that can get you 30-40 points, a dime a dozen.

Anderson hit 40 points once in his career, Hyman has been a 40+ point player the past 4 years.

Habano

May 18, 2012
4 times? Hyman has been a 40+ point guy twice in the last 4 years on a stacked team playing with the likes of Matthews, Marner, JT and Nylander.

Anderson is younger, bigger, stronger, faster and more talented. It's really a no brainer.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
4 times? Hyman has been a 40+ point guy twice in the last 4 years on a stacked team playing with the likes of Matthews, Marner, JT and Nylander.

Anderson is younger, bigger, stronger, faster and more talented. It's really a no brainer.

Even if you correct for the 12 games the league missed last season, Hyman was pacing 51 points (70 games) and was 3 shy of 40....

This season he’s on pace for 39 in 56.

Hyman is more consistent, a better two-way player and has been producing this season with Mikheyev and Engvall, away from the big boys for a large portion of the season.

Habano

May 18, 2012
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

If you present both players to any gm in the league, I really can't see many of them, if any, choosing Hyman over Anderson. I've read multiple times in Leaf threads that Anderson would sure look good in a Leaf uniform. I don't think I've ever seen a Hab thread where anyone said that about Hyman.

Ask yourself honestly, as a Leaf supporter, would you trade Hyman for Anderson? I think you'd do it in a heartbeat. However, you'd be hard pressed to find a Hab fan that would trade Anderson for Hyman.

Anyhow, let the poll results play out and we'll see what the majority of fans think. I believe if you remove biased voters from the poll, on both sides, the results be much more one sided than they already are.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

If you present both players to any gm in the league, I really can't see many of them, if any, choosing Hyman over Anderson. I've read multiple times in Leaf threads that Anderson would sure look good in a Leaf uniform. I don't think I've ever seen a Hab thread where anyone said that about Hyman.

Ask yourself honestly, as a Leaf supporter, would you trade Hyman for Anderson? I think you'd do it in a heartbeat. However, you'd be hard pressed to find a Hab fan that would trade Anderson for Hyman.

Anyhow, let the poll results play out and we'll see what the majority of fans think. I believe if you remove biased voters from the poll, on both sides, the results be much more one sided than they already are.
Nope I wouldn’t. He’s the one player you can count on to bring 110% effort every time he steps on the ice. He is the heartbeat of the Leafs team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad