Zach Hyman Or Josh Anderson?

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
Hyman is lucky to play with Auston...
He was great when he played with Mitch and JT, both of them hit career highs when they played with Hyman. When Hyman was on our third line with Mikheyev and Engvel it was the best our third line has ever looked. Which ever line Hyman is on dominates and it’s no coincidence

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
He was great when he played with Mitch and JT, both of them hit career highs when they played with Hyman. When Hyman was on our third line with Mikheyev and Engvel it was the best our third line has ever looked. Which ever line Hyman is on dominates and it’s no coincidence

Marner, JT and Auston are all great players, that's the point. Hyman is lucky to play with that kind of talents, Anderson is not that lucky, Andy has the same effect on his linemates.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
It's clearly Hyman. Better underlying numbers both raw and relative. Much better 5v5 and all situations P/60 even with Anderson having an unsustainably high SH% this year. It's not close. Hyman is closer to say a Nylander than Anderson is to Hyman.

Reactions: authentic

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
only reason Hyman isn't winning this poll is because he is a Leaf and it is HFB. Hyman's normal stats, underlying stats etc. all better. I like Josh but outside of a hot start he disappeared for long stretches and isn't the defensive presence Hyman is.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I think it's Hyman, but Anderson is a beast. He is fast to the outside and is huge. If he ever finds consistency and plays with more of an edge, it's easily him. But he is inconsistent and he doesn't play with the intensity he should. Still, he's looked dangerous a lot in the playoffs. Hyman just seems to find the puck all the time. He rarely loses a puck battle.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Josh Anderson is a luxury player, Zach Hyman is a must-have player. For Ottawa, I would take Anderson. For a team with more high-end skill, I take Hyman pretty easily.

You need your secondary players to be consistent, and Hyman is nothing if not consistent. Andersons consistent with his physical presence, but his scoring is spotty.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Needless to say, it's Josh Anderson hands down.

Hyman is feisty, gutsy, play hard and play with heart, and I would take him on the Habs too, but Anderson is all that, bigger, tougher, faster and equipped with a lethal wrist shot.

Only downside is the terrible contract but so far so good.

Dude's a f***ing beast. I think he put the nail into the coffin of this thread last night

Not much of a beast.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Anderson has been trash after game 1, just like he was trash for the Habs after the first 10 or so games.

24 pts on the year is not enough for a 5.5M player who disappears in the playoffs. Bad contract

Reactions: authentic

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Anderson has been trash after game 1, just like he was trash for the Habs after the first 10 or so games.

24 pts on the year is not enough for a 5.5M player who disappears in the playoffs. Bad contract
Hyman has been trash the whole series so what's your point?

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
only reason Hyman isn't winning this poll is because he is a Leaf and it is HFB. Hyman's normal stats, underlying stats etc. all better. I like Josh but outside of a hot start he disappeared for long stretches and isn't the defensive presence Hyman is.

Only reason why Hyman got so much votes is because he's a Leaf and he has a lot of fanboys :wg:

Reactions: dukeofjive

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Yet habs fans are content with anderson's play relative to what he has to work with and the only people constantly talking about him in every other thread is your fanbase he's not even that great yet he's been really living rent free in your heads for some reason

Reactions: Habano

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I wish they could switch places so people can see that Hyman is a good player (and Im Jets-fan)

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I think everybody can see that Hyman is a good player lol

Better than someone that's pretty one dimensional in Anderson. Most teams would rather have a swiss army knife that can penalty kill, be responsible defensively, and produce offensively. Anderson is flashy going to the net but doesn't do much outside of that.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I think it's Hyman, but Anderson is a beast. He is fast to the outside and is huge. If he ever finds consistency and plays with more of an edge, it's easily him. But he is inconsistent and he doesn't play with the intensity he should. Still, he's looked dangerous a lot in the playoffs. Hyman just seems to find the puck all the time. He rarely loses a puck battle.

This is probably the best answer in the thread. You know what you're getting in Hyman and he's one of the best complementary players in the league but Anderson visibly has more talent and gamebreaking ability. I like both players a lot I think Hyman has the edge currently but it's tight and I'd like to see Anderson's numbers playing with better talent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->