Zach Hyman Or Josh Anderson?

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
So he also has less goals and points than Tavares as well as having less points than a 4th line jason spezza. I agree, not a good look.
11 million $ for pajama boy and he only has 1 more goal with 3 more games played, more pp time and more ice time per game playing on an offensively loaded team... Agreed. Not a good look on Tavares. :laugh:

An now reverse the roles. Put Anderson on the Leafs and Hyman on the Habs. Game, set, match in favor of Anderson.

MatthewsAuston

Apr 12, 2021
11 million $ for pajama boy and he only has 1 more goal with 3 more games played, more pp time and more ice time per game playing on an offensively loaded team... Agreed. Not a good look on Tavares. :laugh:

An now reverse the roles. Put Anderson on the Leafs and Hyman on the Habs. Game, set, match in favor of Anderson.
Tavares has more points than anyone on your roster... really not a good look on tavares

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.

You have a 10.5 million dollar goalie with a .901 save % so i dont think you should be throwing stones from your glass house.

If you put Anderson on the leafs instead of Hyman he would be playing on our third line and i dont think he suits that role nearly as well as Hyman can. He certainly wouldnt take Nylander or Marners spots in the top 6 RW positions.

Reactions: Mitchy

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Pretty easily Hyman. People make the linemates argument but Hyman brings success to every single line he is on; all of the Leafs' best line combos over the last 4 years have had Zach Hyman on them. Even this season we had a 3 game set with the Oilers in which he played alongside Mikheyev and Engvall, he was the main driver on that line and they were matched directly against McDavid who they ate for breakfast. Hyman potted a few goals too just from sheer effort.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
At 10.5, Price totally sucks and I have no problems admitting that. That's why my tag line is Mr. Objectivity. Something lacking on these boards. ;)
Then you should know, objectively, that JT is a good player regardless of his current cost. I do have a feeling that you, like me, are mostly just taking the piss but this is a Hyman V Anderson thread anyways so maybe we should get back into that.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Then you should know, objectively, that JT is a good player regardless of his current cost. I do have a feeling that you, like me, are mostly just taking the piss but this is a Hyman V Anderson thread anyways so maybe we should get back into that.
Of course Tavares is still a good player and I like him because he's won me a couple fantasy pools. :laugh:
But you're the one that brought the Spezza comparison in the convo. :dunno:
But I agree, back to the Anderson > Hyman discussion. ;)

enough smillies for one night

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Needless to say, it's Josh Anderson hands down.

Hyman is feisty, gutsy, play hard and play with heart, and I would take him on the Habs too, but Anderson is all that, bigger, tougher, faster and equipped with a lethal wrist shot.

Only downside is the terrible contract but so far so good.

Dude's a f***ing beast. I think he put the nail into the coffin of this thread last night

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Hyman is feisty, gutsy, play hard and play with heart, and I would take him on the Habs too, but Anderson is all that, bigger, tougher, faster and equipped with a lethal wrist shot.

Dude's a f***ing beast. I think he put the nail into the coffin of this thread last night[/QUOTE]

That's not how it works.

What if Hyman scores a hat trick in game 2. While Anderson is a -3?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Dude's a f***ing beast. I think he put the nail into the coffin of this thread last night

What if Hyman scores a hat trick in game 2. While Anderson is a -3?

Will you be saying the same thing?

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
I get a feeling Hyman cant do what he does away from Matthews and co to the level Anderson can away from top talents

Separately I take Anderson but if Im the Devils and am looking for a LW for Hischier and Zacha (and it wasnt Bratt for some reason) id take Hyman over Anderson

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Anderson at his best is a beast and at his best Hyman can't touch him. Game to game Hyman is better. Voted Hyman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad