Zach Hyman Or Josh Anderson?

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I understand Hyman always gives his all, but it's not like Anderson is a slouch either.

Aside from Gallagher I feel like he is the most intense give it his all player on the Habs. I know Petry likely gets Byron's "A" after he is gone but if it wasn't for Petry I'd prbly give it to Anderson. He looks like he is becoming a leader in the room.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Wasn't Anderson traded straight up for Max Domi? Not sure Hyman would get Domi back. Love Hyman and I hope he's a Leaf forever but hard to say the answer here isn't Anderson.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think Anderson is the better player. That being said he might not be the one I pick if I had to choose between them. Injury issues and lack of consistency in production hurt Anderson more than Hyman IMO.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Wasn't Anderson traded straight up for Max Domi? Not sure Hyman would get Domi back. Love Hyman and I hope he's a Leaf forever but hard to say the answer here isn't Anderson.
And if you think about it, we got Domi for Galchenyuk. Essentially, Bargainbin turned Galchenyuk into Anderson.

As much as I don't like Bergevin, that's one magic trick I haven't been able to figure out. :laugh:

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
That puts you in the minority also.

Yes he is, and so are you, check the poll results lol, you're both in the minority.

i still dont see how Anderson is a better player. he is winning this poll because people on this site get erect when talking about big players. Hyman is producing better and plays an all around better game.

if not wanting to trade a player for a worse player puts me in a "minority", so be it.

Habano

May 18, 2012
i still dont see how Anderson is a better player. he is winning this poll because people on this site get erect when talking about big players. Hyman is producing better and plays an all around better game.

if not wanting to trade a player for a worse player puts me in a "minority", so be it.
Of course! That's why 70% of the voters agree who the worse player is but they're wrong and you're right :laugh::laugh:

Anyway, I'm bored with this nonsensical conversation, ciao :blah: :blah:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Yea we all know WHY you don't understand that Anderson is the better player. Glad to see 70% do know Anderson is the better player.
If wanting to keep the worst player puts you in the minority so be it..

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Of course! That's why 70% of the voters agree who the worse player is but they're wrong and you're right :laugh::laugh:

Anyway, I'm bored with this nonsensical conversation, ciao :blah: :blah:

Yea we all know WHY you don't understand that Anderson is the better player. Glad to see 70% do know Anderson is the better player.
If wanting to keep the worst player puts you in the minority so be it..

Could you guys explain to me how Anderson is a better player? He is producing worse and Hyman plays a better 2-way game. Hyman is just all around a better hockey player.

Before you play the homer card, i voted for Wilson and Benn in the other threads. Im not biased towards him and would take a better player if the opportunity presents itself. but this isnt one

Habano

May 18, 2012
Could you guys explain to me how Anderson is a better player? He is producing worse and Hyman plays a better 2-way game. Hyman is just all around a better hockey player.

Before you play the homer card, i voted for Wilson and Benn in the other threads. Im not biased towards him and would take a better player if the opportunity presents itself. but this isnt one
yawn

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

If you present both players to any gm in the league, I really can't see many of them, if any, choosing Hyman over Anderson. I've read multiple times in Leaf threads that Anderson would sure look good in a Leaf uniform. I don't think I've ever seen a Hab thread where anyone said that about Hyman.

Ask yourself honestly, as a Leaf supporter, would you trade Hyman for Anderson? I think you'd do it in a heartbeat. However, you'd be hard pressed to find a Hab fan that would trade Anderson for Hyman.

Anyhow, let the poll results play out and we'll see what the majority of fans think. I believe if you remove biased voters from the poll, on both sides, the results be much more one sided than they already are.

Do you pick Gallagher or Anderson? Because Hyman is our Gallagher.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Not only is Hyman the clearly better player but will age better, Anderson is the kind of guy who is about to NOSEDIVE and fast. Will be one of the ugly contracts we talk about for years and years. O well :)

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
[MOD]
cool

could one of the 131 people who voted for Anderson please tell me how he's better?

or even you could pull something out? seems weird you voted for him without even knowing why. usually if someone is better its not hard to explain how/why. odd

Last edited by a moderator:

Habano

May 18, 2012
cool

could one of the 131 people who voted for Anderson please tell me how he's better?

or even you could pull something out? seems weird you voted for him without even knowing why. usually if someone is better its not hard to explain how/why. odd
I'll humour you one last time. Based on your criteria, better production and 2 way game, you're essentially saying that Hyman is better than other players who don't have as many points and don't play a 2 way game.

I'm pretty sure guys like Zibanejad, Eichel, Stutzle, Gallagher etc. might be a tad better than Hyman. I may be wrong because none of them have as many points as your boy ;)

Again, one last time, Anderson is younger, bigger, stronger, faster and more talented.

I won't resort to personal attacks about intelligence like you did but, I will say, you need to learn a little more about hockey before you come on here and try to take on 70% of the voters.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I'll humour you one last time. Based on your criteria, better production and 2 way game, you're essentially saying that Hyman is better than other players who don't have as many points and don't play a 2 way game.

I'm pretty sure guys like Zibanejad, Eichel, Stutzle, Gallagher etc. might be a tad better than Hyman. I may be wrong because none of them have as many points as your boy ;)

Again, one last time, Anderson is younger, bigger, stronger, faster and more talented.

I won't resort to personal attacks about intelligence like you did but, I will say, you need to learn a little more about hockey before you come on here and try to take on 70% of the voters.
i agree he is more talented but why things like "younger" and "bigger"? makes no difference hockey wise. He is bigger and stronger than someone like Marner but doesnt come close to being as good a hockey player.

those guys, aside from Stutzle, are all known to be better producers than Hyman. im not going off of this season only. but nothing Anderson has ever done proves him to be better than Hyman.

so he is big, good for him. i dont see what he has on him though.

Habano

May 18, 2012
i agree he is more talented but why things like "younger" and "bigger"? makes no difference hockey wise. He is bigger and stronger than someone like Marner but doesnt come close to being as good a hockey player.

those guys, aside from Stutzle, are all known to be better producers than Hyman. im not going off of this season only. but nothing Anderson has ever done proves him to be better than Hyman.

so he is big, good for him. i dont see what he has on him though.
How did Marner end up in here? It's like me saying Ovechkin doesn't play a 2 way game but Hyman is not fit to tie Ovi's laces. Although true, it doesn't make any sense in this context.

In this case, I'll take the younger, faster and more talented player any day.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
How did Marner end up in here? It's like me saying Ovechkin doesn't play a 2 way game but Hyman is not fit to tie Ovi's laces. Although true, it doesn't make any sense in this context.

In this case, I'll take the younger, faster and more talented player any day.

again how does younger and faster make any difference? more talented sure, offensively. but doesnt matter if he isnt putting it to use.

you said he is better because he is bigger and stronger. he is also bigger and stronger than Marner, but isnt better. which is why i said him.

Habano

May 18, 2012
again how does younger and faster make any difference? more talented sure, offensively. but doesnt matter if he isnt putting it to use.

you said he is better because he is bigger and stronger. he is also bigger and stronger than Marner, but isnt better. which is why i said him.
How's he not putting it to use? He's got 3 points less than Hyman and has played 2 less games.
And, Ovechkin doesn't play a 2 way game and I'm pretty sure that even you'll agree that Hyman isn't as good as him. So what?

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I understand Hyman always gives his all, but it's not like Anderson is a slouch either.

Aside from Gallagher I feel like he is the most intense give it his all player on the Habs. I know Petry likely gets Byron's "A" after he is gone but if it wasn't for Petry I'd prbly give it to Anderson. He looks like he is becoming a leader in the room.
they mostly don't watch him, he works almost as much as Gallagher since 8-10 games.

Reactions: Habano

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
How's he not putting it to use? He's got 3 points less than Hyman and has played 2 less games.
And, Ovechkin doesn't play a 2 way game and I'm pretty sure that even you'll agree that Hyman isn't as good as him. So what?
well i mean, if he is so much more talented why isnt he producing so much more?

the thing is Ovechkin is a much better player, production included. 2-way game doesnt make you a better player automatically, but when 2 players produce relatively similar it is added value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad