Zach Hyman Or Josh Anderson?

Who is the better player?

• Total voters

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
i'm getting "source: trust me bro" vibes with all these unbackable statements.

i would like an argument rather than pointing me to the poll results.

the bolded bugged me the most. Hyman is the exact opposite. he makes any line he plays on better. he isnt "carried" by our offensive stars, he is the "glue" per say and helps the stars as much as vise versa.

and stop referencing a hypothetical trade as if its an argument. it really means absolutely nothing. whats stopping me from saying the exact same thing?

The fact that only one third of the people here, mainly composed of Leafs fans, would agree with you?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
im not asking for people to agree with me.

im asking what supports your so called argument. because i cant make one for Anderson.

I have two eyes and I see what a majority of people see lol

I can't give a proof that the sky is blue, but it still is, bro

Sky is blue, the sun rise from the East and Anderson is better than Hyman.

He's faster, better shot, better IQ overall...

Hyman is a really good player too, would play on any team, but he's not Josh Anderson.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

Hyman is a really good player too, would play on any team, but he's not Josh Anderson.
for the love of God

take away the poll. fresh slate. o votes for either. you get 1st vote and 1st comment. what logic do you use, and what can you set as a precedent in hopes people you agree with you?

and yeah you can prove the sky is blue lmao. just give me evidence or just tell me to look up. the argument here isnt as viable.

im seeing one player significantly outproduce another player, while also providing more 2 way play away from the puck. i agree with better shot but IQ? i dont know about that one.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
i'm getting "source: trust me bro" vibes with all these unbackable statements.

i would like an argument rather than pointing me to the poll results.

the bolded bugged me the most. Hyman is the exact opposite. he makes any line he plays on better. he isnt "carried" by our offensive stars, he is the "glue" per say and helps the stars as much as vise versa.

and stop referencing a hypothetical trade as if its an argument. it really means absolutely nothing. whats stopping me from saying the exact same thing?

Lol the poll results is all they got. HF agreed so it must be right, only delusional Leafs fans would think Hyman is better. :sarcasm:

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Lol the poll results is all they got. HF agreed so it must be right, only delusional Leafs fans would think Hyman is better. :sarcasm:
thats the thing. i am being unbiased here. i tried thinking of an argument for both. but i cant find anything for Anderson. Hyman is a better producer and better at non-scoring aspects of the game.

if someone were blatantly better than Hyman i would absolutely oppose him in an argument. but this aint it...

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
thats the thing. i am being unbiased here. i tried thinking of an argument for both. but i cant find anything for Anderson. Hyman is a better producer and better at non-scoring aspects of the game.

if someone were blatantly better than Hyman i would absolutely oppose him in an argument. but this aint it...

I haven't seen a valid argument either. There isn't one because he isn't better.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Everyone: Anderson is faster, better vision, better shot, better player overall

Leafs fans: Nope! No reasons whatsoever why Anderson > Hyman. They hate us because they ain't us!
Same shit every time there's a depth player leeching on a stacked offensive team. Stat lines are not comparable from team to team. Hyman would not be a 40-50 point player on the Habs. Anderson would easily still be on a 30g pace with the Leafs, likely more.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Same shit every time there's a depth player leeching on a stacked offensive team. Stat lines are not comparable from team to team. Hyman would not be a 40-50 point player on the Habs. Anderson would easily still be on a 30g pace with the Leafs, likely more.
I think that’s the thing that a lot Leaf fans miss in these polls when they complain about their player not winning. The team is stacked offensively so obviously the offensive stats of a lot of the complementary players are going to be inflated.

Reactions: Habano

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Still cant justify Anderson winning this poll.

Anderson: 51 GP, 17 G, 24 P ( 27 goal, 39 point pace)

Hyman: 43 GP, 15 G, 33 P (29 goal, 63 point pace)

While Hyman also being better defensively and a very good penalty killer.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
HF Boards also said Jim Benning was a better GM than Kyle Dubas, and that Laine was better than Matthews.

tenor.gif

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Not sure where the great vision and high hockey iq comments derive from . Hes not that. Hes a power forward w good finish. Not a playmaker. I'd rather have Anderson for reasons stated in prior posts but iq and vision aren't reasons for doing so .

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Apparently it's because our team is so stacked offensively. Too funny.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

LOL. Hilarious. Imagine anyone actually thinking that Josh Anderson is a better player than Zach Hyman.

Too funny.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

Hyman is a much smarter player, much better defensively, and produces more with less PP time. There's no statistical basis behind anything you're saying.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
LOL. Hilarious. Imagine anyone actually thinking that Josh Anderson is a better player than Zach Hyman.

Too funny.

Too funny.
Ya the 40 % voting for Hyman is Hilarious considering 90% of that 40% are Leaf fans. Take away the Leaf vote and it would 90% to 10% for Anderson. Now that's too funny.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Anderson might be the best 40 point player in the league.

overall, I guess it depends on what your team needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad