Post-Game Talk: You lose 100% of the games you don't win - Michael Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Is there anywhere I can see Babcock's post game interview/comments?

Center Ice cuts out immediately after the game ends.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I'll be the first to be upset about playing grinders 20 minutes while offensive studs get 10, but this game was incredibly well executed by the defense and we had leads for a decent amount of the game, whereas usually were fighting to keep up and score goals. Luke and Miller may not be positives but at least there's some benefit to them being strong neutralizers.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
What did Babcock say?

Basically that he was shocked to see a player return to the game, referred to the 1980's and joked that is was probably because the team doctors weren't there. Very animated the whole time.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Imagine next years line up

Dats-Z-Jurco
Tats-Riley-Nyquist
Mule-Legwand-Weiss
Miller-Helm-Gator
Luke
Ferraro/Callahan

There's still a chance Alfredsson is back. If he doesn't hit the threshold of NHL games this season, Glendening will probably be back in Grand Rapids, and I expect Jurco will regardless of whether we re-sign Alfie.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
I thought Smith played one of his best games of the year. Was on the ice a ton in the first when Kronwall went down. Bertuzzi and the 4th line had a solid game. The kid line didn't do much 5 on 5 until Nyquist's game winning goal they also didn't play much. altogether a great game and win.

I think in the Wings can pull this off Babcock should win the Adams and can the Wings entire team win the Masteron.

Edit: Should also add in the last 21 games, Kindl has played in 7 of them and they haven't lost in regulation. 13 out of 14 points. :) The sample size is growing.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wasn't home for this one. Awesome we won. From reading the GDT looks like Nyquist had a huge game. He's quickly becoming a star for us.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Wasn't home for this one. Awesome we won. From reading the GDT looks like Nyquist had a huge game. He's quickly becoming a star for us.

He didn't. He played ten minutes. Didn't do much for awhile and then went and scored a pure snipe for the GWG.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada

I thought he had a pretty quite game until he scored. Not saying he was playing bad but the line didn't have a ton of playing time and weren't generating like they usually do. The goal he scored was from a great pass from Smith to Sheahan and then Sheahan dished to Nyquist on the move. He pressed the D back and let go a great shot that kind of caught the Wild of guard. Very nice.

Johnz96*

I know the Wings won but
Sheahan TOI 10:55
Nyquist TOI 10:36
Tatar TOI 10:00
Bertuzzi TOI 14:55
Glendening TOI 18:38
Miller TOI 19:52

It worked out in this game and the Pens D scored scored 3 goals on their own net on Thursday but Babcock's stupidity will probably result in missing the playoffs.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
I know the Wings won but
Sheahan TOI 10:55
Nyquist TOI 10:36
Tatar TOI 10:00
Bertuzzi TOI 14:55
Glendening TOI 18:38
Miller TOI 19:52

It worked out in this game and the Pens D scored scored 3 goals on their own net on Thursday but Babcock's stupidity will probably result in missing the playoffs.

we won and are on a 3 game winning streak. let us enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA