Post-Game Talk: You lose 100% of the games you don't win - Michael Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I thought Legwand was clearly better than Nyquist tonight. :shrug:

Now in the playoffs though.

Legwand played a really good game, except he was kind of shaky in the defensive zone on that goal with the back door pass.

Nyquist didn't do too much til he scored, but I mean game winners are pretty huge.

Thought Smith, Legwand, and Howard all looked great today.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I can't fathom why Nyquist, Tatar, and Sheahan only got 10 minutes each tonight while Miller and Glendening got nearly 20.

Dats13DET

Aug 13, 2010
Canada
Great game but I don't think Micheal ever said "you lose 100% of the games you don't win - Micheal Scott".

I'm pretty sure he just took Gretzky's famous quote and attached his name to it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone else have the Wild broadcast? ****ing awful.

I didn't think it was that bad actually, but some other teams announcers are brutal. Like NJ where the guy said the fans know more than him, and thought Sheahan was named Shanahan.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Good game from Howie, Sheahan and Smith. The wings are back in the last wild card spot. Maybe wings can catch the laughs..

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Great game but I don't think Micheal ever said "you lose 100% of the games you don't win - Micheal Scott".

I'm pretty sure he just took Gretzky's famous quote and attached his name to it.

A great man once said.....

tumblr_m4cs55fdIJ1r3tcqko1_1280.jpg

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
3 game winning streak with this roster against Toronto, Pittsburgh and Minnesota? Babcock is truly a great coach

Oh and nyquist helps to

If the Wings make the playoffs, he'd darned well better get the Jack Adams. But he won't, because sports writers apparently hate him. Roy will get it for sure.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I can't fathom why Nyquist, Tatar, and Sheahan only got 10 minutes each tonight while Miller and Glendening got nearly 20.
Babcock has a knack for winning hockey games

Miller and Glendening have been two of the most responsible forwards the past handful of games. Miller has been playing fantastic all year. You have to play grinders to wear down the other team. Can't trot out your offensive players all game and hope to win 7-6. Not with the current line-up.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010

Sheahan and Tatar are, unfortunately, not all that great at defense, and the Wings are currently playing a very defense-focused game.

It's working.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
If the Wings make the playoffs, he'd darned well better get the Jack Adams. But he won't, because sports writers apparently hate him. Roy will get it for sure.

Roy's taken the worst team in the league and made them the second best in their division, pretty impressive. Babs deserves recognition though.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Sheahan and Tatar are, unfortunately, not all that great at defense, and the Wings are currently playing a very defense-focused game.

It's working.

Sheahan's great in his own zone, the hell you talking about? Besides, they usually sustain possession when they're on the ice anyway.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I love that we aren't laying down. Thank god for the kids. They really come to play. Great win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad