Post-Game Talk: You lose 100% of the games you don't win - Michael Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2012
Probably because a guy like Babcock does his job and figures out who his players match up with the best and figures he can shut down the Wild offensive lines with Glendening and Miller and sneak Nyquist out there against their 3rd and 4th lines.

I don't understand why people think they know better than the coach while knowing all of 5% of what a coach knows.

I didn't watch the game, but getting double the minutes of our beat offensive players is a little fishy.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Huzzah! I know Nyquist didn't do a whole lot besides the game winner, but damn, he is turning into a clutch goal scorer.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, which is something I haven't been able to say too much this season.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
26 minutes for DeKeyser.

The team's best defensive forwards got the most ice time. With the Red Wings so depleted and the Wild being coached by Yeo, this was bound to be a defensive battle. Sheahan is decent defensively, but Nyquist is not very good and Tatar is awful.

We won the game. Babcock coached this one properly.

Todd Bertuzzi is not one of the team's best defensive forwards, if you are going to go that route.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Playing defensive hockey with a one goal lead is a recipe to get burned. Especially if your defense is prone to major mistakes.

I guess it makes sense why the Wings are blowing the lead so often. Sitting back in a shell and hoping the defense doesn't break.

You're right, we should put Tatar out there against the best offense the Wild have.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Playing defensive hockey with a one goal lead is a recipe to get burned. Especially if your defense is prone to major mistakes.

I guess it makes sense why the Wings are blowing the lead so often. Sitting back in a shell and hoping the defense doesn't break.

Err, no. Babcock has only recently started playing his best defensive line against the opponent's top line. It has worked.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
I can't fathom why Nyquist, Tatar, and Sheahan only got 10 minutes each tonight while Miller and Glendening got nearly 20.

that line shadows the opponents top line every night for the last 5 games or so. Glendening is always right on the star player. it seems weird but you cant argue with the result lately

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Todd Bertuzzi is not one of the team's best defensive forwards, if you are going to go that route.

He's currently doing great. That line has been very effective over the past three games. I can't fathom why Bert is doing so well there, but perhaps having a big body who can handle the puck a bit is helpful.

I should have said "best defensive line."

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We won, and I'll bet whatever Nyquist plays more than 10 mins tomorrow, so no biggie guys :)

He only needs 10 min to pot a game winner anyways ;)

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Half the posters are saying Babcock should get Adams Trophy consideration, the other half think the team won despite his mismanagement.

Yeah, it's pretty funny. Win three in a row? Well, you made a mistake in the third one... somehow... despite the fact that you won. FIRED!

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
No, you should give your 24 year old winger who is currently the best player on offense and is on fire, more than ten minutes.

On the plus side, back to back games against the same team, with travel between.

So Helm (12 min) and Nyquist (10 min)... two of the fastest players in the league are going to have fresh legs tomorrow. They should be primed to burn a tired Minny team.

Positives, positives,

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I liked Micky's blurb about how one could have made a lot of money if one had bet at season's start that the 2nd power play unit would be Sheahan, Tatar, Legwand, Kindl, and DeKeyser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad