Post-Game Talk: You lose 100% of the games you don't win - Michael Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Roy's taken the worst team in the league and made them the second best in their division, pretty impressive. Babs deserves recognition though.

Roy's taken a team with three lottery picks and a pretty good supporting cast and done well with it, yes. However, the dramatic improvement is as much a result of the old coaching staff being horrific as it is of Roy being a solid tactician.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Legwand played a really good game, except he was kind of shaky in the defensive zone on that goal with the back door pass.

Nyquist didn't do too much til he scored, but I mean game winners are pretty huge.

Thought Smith, Legwand, and Howard all looked great today.

See I agree. Leggy hasn't been as good defensively as I expected, but he's still solid. I really don't think Gus did too much besides the GWG. Like you said, it was a GWG but Legwand played a really productive game nad had 1+1.

I didn't think it was that bad actually, but some other teams announcers are brutal. Like NJ where the guy said the fans know more than him, and thought Sheahan was named Shanahan.

More so annoyed with the Franzen no-goal and that penalty shot. Wasn't the worst, but I still felt like those calls were awful by the refs + MIN broadcast.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Sheahan is very capable defensively. That's always been one of his best assets.

He, Jurco, and Tatar put up a couple of brutal games on the defensive end of the ice. Sheahan has a talent for defense, but it's not yet up to NHL par. He'll get there.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Smith gets on the PP and scores a goal in 8 seconds. Not complaining but of course Kindl picks up two secondary assists today, I was hoping that goal might wake Babcock up to Smith on the PP.

Anyways, probably Smith's best game of the year. Should've been a 3 point night for him but he got screwed out of an assist.

Sheahan was solid. 2 points I would say he deserves a star.

I actually dont see all the Nyquist love, he had a goal but he wasnt really noticeable today. I thought Legwand looked better out there.

And of course Glendening misses the open net lol

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Roy's taken a team with three lottery picks and a pretty good supporting cast and done well with it, yes. However, the dramatic improvement is as much a result of the old coaching staff being horrific as it is of Roy being a solid tactician.

Oh, I don't disagree necessarily, but it totally makes sense why he'll win it.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Smith gets on the PP and scores a goal in 8 seconds. Not complaining but of course Kindl picks up two secondary assists today, I was hoping that goal might wake Babcock up to Smith on the PP.

Anyways, probably Smith's best game of the year. Should've been a 3 point night for him but he got screwed out of an assist.

Sheahan was solid. 2 points I would say he deserves a star.

I actually dont see all the Nyquist love, he had a goal but he wasnt really noticeable today. I thought Legwand looked better out there.

And of course Glendening misses the open net lol

Nyquist fever is contagious, man. :naughty:

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Glendenning played almost 20 minutes and didn't end up being a negative player. 20 minutes is a lot of hockey. He must be doing something right.

That doesn't excuse Nyquist only getting 10:31 of ice time.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011

Probably has something to do with getting the GWG.

Just a hunch.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
26 minutes for DeKeyser.

Glendenning played almost 20 minutes and didn't end up being a negative player. 20 minutes is a lot of hockey. He must be doing something right.

The team's best defensive forwards got the most ice time. With the Red Wings so depleted and the Wild being coached by Yeo, this was bound to be a defensive battle. Sheahan is decent defensively, but Nyquist is not very good and Tatar is awful.

We won the game. Babcock coached this one properly.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Smith
Howard
Legwand

Glad to see Franzen back out there at the end, but he still looked sluggish. Hopefully he's OK, and Kronwall doesn't wake up with a stiff neck tomorrow.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Still shocks me that Bertuzzi is on a shutdown line that's done very well...

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
Liked how our youngsters pretty much rested this game except for Nyquist doing what had to be done. Great game, tomorrow well see EXPLOSIONS.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I can't fathom why Nyquist, Tatar, and Sheahan only got 10 minutes each tonight while Miller and Glendening got nearly 20.

Miller and Glendening played on the PK, and were tasked with shutting down Minnesota's top line. They did a fantastic job of it too considering Minnesota didn't get an even strength goal.

Tatar out there vs any teams top line is going to go badly. I like how Babcock routinely gets them out there with good match-ups, it tends to lead to lots of scoring chances.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

Probably because a guy like Babcock does his job and figures out who his players match up with the best and figures he can shut down the Wild offensive lines with Glendening and Miller and sneak Nyquist out there against their 3rd and 4th lines.

I don't understand why people think they know better than the coach while knowing all of 5% of what a coach knows.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Probably because a guy like Babcock does his job and figures out who his players match up with the best and figures he can shut down the Wild offensive lines with Glendening and Miller and sneak Nyquist out there against their 3rd and 4th lines.

I don't understand why people think they know better than the coach while knowing all of 5% of what a coach knows.

Playing defensive hockey with a one goal lead is a recipe to get burned. Especially if your defense is prone to major mistakes.

I guess it makes sense why the Wings are blowing the lead so often. Sitting back in a shell and hoping the defense doesn't break.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Brendan Smith!!!!!
Welcome to what living up to your potential feels like. Beast all over the ice tonight!

Lashoff... dude is slowly establishing himself as a legit stay at home defenseman in this league. Solid again and again.

Nyquist.. clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad