Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins just do not have the skillset to bury Grade A chances. Even our second goal was a bit weak on Bobrovsky's part. It is what it is this year and nothing we can do about it will change the series outcome.
Yup

Florida was very good first period but largely due to Swayman and some good fight energy and good fortune the Bruins were up 2-0

The Bruins played a very good second period- Florida had that not our night feel and was looking like heading to a 5-1 Bruins win

But Bruins couldn’t bury on Heinen, DeBrusk, or (cant remember third player) in alone and a bad angle goal and Florida alive

This series was likely doomed when they sucked game 5 v Leafs and had to go 7

They win game 5 I like the Bruins going in with 5 days to prep as they wait for West

They still should be 2-2 right now

The league is a joke and Paul Maurice is a joke - if Maurice was coaching the Bruins he’d still be crying over the Bennett hit

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Yup

Florida was very good first period but largely due to Swayman and some good fight energy and good fortune the Bruins were up 2-0

The Bruins played a very good second period- Florida had that not our night feel and was looking like heading to a 5-1 Bruins win

But Bruins couldn’t bury on Heinen, DeBrusk, or (cant remember third player) in alone and a bad angle goal and Florida alive

This series was likely doomed when they sucked game 5 v Leafs and had to go 7

They win game 5 I like the Bruins going in with 5 days to prep as they wait for West

They still should be 2-2 right now

The league is a joke and Paul Maurice is a joke - if Maurice was coaching the Bruins he’d still be crying over the Bennett hit
Coyle

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I've tried to think of any way in which I can rationalise this explanation in a way that makes sense, and I've got nothing. It defies all logic.

That said, if you wanted to sum up the modern Bruins in one piece of footage, Bennett easily shoving one oblivious Bruin into another, then causally slotting the puck into the open net, while getting away with blatant interference, just 2 days after taking out the Bruins' captain with zero repercussions from either the league or his opponents, would be a pretty good contender. Too soft and passive, willing to get pushed around and just take it, from the very top downwards. Sweeney and Neely should be made to watch this on repeat until they finally realise just where they've taken this organisation and its roster, why it continues to fall short in the playoffs, and why, ultimately, it's their fault.

I’ve never agreed with or liked a post more.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Florida is a deeper team, the bruins need to upgrade their centers. Can't have your top 2 centers be passengers on lines need them to help push the play.
This^. I of course wanted the Bs to win but even if they did/do they are not beating the Rangers. I hope the Rags sweep Florida.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So you think Florida should have up to 33 penalties? Come on….

I mean hell how many of our penalties are stupid stuff like too many men on the ice or geekie running untouched into the goalie.

Hell most of our own penalties are incredibly dumb plays that we make.
Bruins penalties were pretty dumb last night - not all but a lot

Give Florida credit they are pretty damn good at how they play

Half of me wants Bennett choking on his own blood the other half admires what a complete on ice ahole he is

I’d probably have Marchand in my 5 favorite Bruins all time going back to Orr but if I was a Toronto or Montreal or Florida fan I’d be saying turnabout is fair play - guys one of most suspended players in history

I really hate Florida right now but I like how they play / and Maurice is such a fraud but as my kid always says ‘you’d be doing the same’

I already have the season over but who knows what happens

I hate the Rangers as well - so I’ll probably be a Panthers fan by Friday

Bennett is public enemy 1 which is almost impossible with Tkachuk a teammate - between his stick to Hathaway’s balls when down or the rabbit punch to Marchand - but can’t blame him for the goal play - that was the refs missing

Bruins are close they need a 1C and draft picks that Ullmark should be able to get picks

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
1) The failure of Boston to get the 3rd goal was crucial. Not only to put Florida away, but also to allow some wiggle room for payback. Once it was a one goal game they couldn't afford to do anything on purpose.
2) That winning goal was interference by the rulebook. Even the TV analysts were dumbfounded. Sure it wasn't much of a crosscheck but we've seen GI called all season for players just grazing a goalie. Coyle got pushed from behind on the numbers, tripped over Swayman's pads and fell on him making it impossible for him to even try to kick his leg out or slide over. I would have challenged too since it was so blatant and late, so I don't blame the coaches on that.
3) The Bruins top six are being exposed, and being outshot so badly (again) in a must win game just shows they are outmatched. Stay at home defenseman Brandon Carlo is tied with Marchand for playoff goals behind Pasta and Debrusk. Let that sink in.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bruins penalties were pretty dumb last night - not all but a lot

Give Florida credit they are pretty damn good at how they play

Half of me wants Bennett choking on his own blood the other half admires what a complete on ice ahole he is

I’d probably have Marchand in my 5 favorite Bruins all time going back to Orr but if I was a Toronto or Montreal or Florida fan I’d be saying turnabout is fair play - guys one of most suspended players in history

I really hate Florida right now but I like how they play / and Maurice is such a fraud but as my kid always says ‘you’d be doing the same’

I already have the season over but who knows what happens

I hate the Rangers as well - so I’ll probably be a Panthers fan by Friday

Bennett is public enemy 1 which is almost impossible with Tkachuk a teammate - between his stick to Hathaway’s balls when down or the rabbit punch to Marchand - but can’t blame him for the goal play - that was the refs missing

Bruins are close they need a 1C and draft picks that Ullmark should be able to get picks

Maurice is a great coach. Taking advantage of getting all the calls in Toronto from that sketchy war room

Reactions: nORRis8

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Brad is one tough SOB. It's difficult to hit an unsuspecting player any harder with downward force. Watching Rodriges and Pang (i think) both stand up expecting Brad to be out cold. Bennett fully expected to be sent to the locker room.

I'm hoping Donny speaks to specifically the DOPe(S)

I'm sorry but incompetence is a lazy excuse. They had 24-hrs to view the hit, review the body of work of the player, to review the Knies play last year. They made a choice, a decision. All evidence throughout Paros's large body of work is that player Safety is secondary so other narratives that are financially based. This is an entertainment model. Are you not entertained?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Florida is a dirty team. To beat Florida, the Bruins will have to beat them up. Is Montgomery the coach for that?
Coyle asked Barkov to fight he said no

This goes back to dumb ass Lucic

He was on same line with Bennett and played with tkachuk

The Bruins FO was well aware they may have to play Florida again and this was a very strategic signing - I don’t think either Matt or Sam would want to F with him but would they have a choice

The plan was solid the player let everyone down

Woke up still mad.
oasis - Don’t Wake Up in Anger

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Coyle asked Barkov to fight he said no

This goes back to dumb ass Lucic

He was on same line with Bennett and played with tkachuk

The Bruins FO was well aware they may have to play Florida again and this was a very strategic signing - I don’t think either Matt or Sam would want to F with him but would they have a choice

The plan was solid the player let everyone down

oasis - Don’t Wake Up in Anger
Sung by brothers that aren’t even on speaking terms

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not like they’ve gotten a fair shake from the league or officials over the past decade.

Maybe someone should have the guts to call this garbage to light and see what happens.

It can’t be much worse.
I think every fan base thinks they got screwed

Al you had to been a ref at some point - you scream ref (compliment) even though if I was Wanda Maximoff I’d make you a life long Leafs fan I haven’t met to many people as nice as you - which makes the revenge thing disturbing lol

The Bennett punch was not refs fault - but the league should have had him out of last nights game

The cross check in crease is something like I’d expect in a KHL game Putin was at benefiting his favorite team

Sung by brothers that aren’t even on speaking terms
Now that’s funny

so the Davies brothers aren’t the only musical brothers not speaking (sorry big Kinks fan)

Reactions: TD Charlie

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If Monty’s attitude rubs off on the team and that’s the reason they don’t have the intensity factor.

Then why did they have the exact same problems under and intense coach like Cassidy?
I don’t remember games where the Bruins only got 1,2 or 3 shots in a period or 8 or 10 after two periods,and getting hemmed in own end anywhere as much as they have this season or had next to no possession in the offensive zone,and this happened against the Leafs in the last 3 games ,the Leafs pretty much changed their game plan and style and dominated the Bruins and Monty couldn’t make an adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad