WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Bought bloody time and Heyman can elevate Reigns, he's never been championship calibre on the mic.

I would still love to see one more run of a dangerous alliance. Grab Roman and a couple of other guys and Shayna into one stable and just let Heyman go wild.

On another note when I watched Smackdown and Vince (more face surgery?) he looks like one of Bray's puppets, or a Vince McMahon puppet designed by spitting image.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I have a feeling that this is just Reigns swerving Heyman but I hope not. I like that pairing.

I want Heyman to manage multiple guys but separately, not in a faction. He was doing that for a short time in 2012-2013 with Lesnar, Punk, and Axel where those 3 guys were kept separate most of the time. Especially Lesnar and Punk - those two weren't even on screen together until they started feuding.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm thinking that it's more likely Heyman swerves Reigns....maybe something with Lesnar involved.
So you think we are going to get another chapter of Lesnar returning and eventually becoming Universal Champion again, to setup another showdown with Reigns at Survivor Series, Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania? We already saw that happen when Reigns defeated him at SummerSlam in 2018 and winning the title.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm thinking that it's more likely Heyman swerves Reigns....maybe something with Lesnar involved.

That doesn't seem in the cards for what they're trying to do. If they wanted to use Lesnar again prior to the return of live crowds, they would have brought him back for the Thunderdome.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

So you think we are going to get another chapter of Lesnar returning and eventually becoming Universal Champion again, to setup another showdown with Reigns at Survivor Series, Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania? We already saw that happen when Reigns defeated him at SummerSlam in 2018 and winning the title.

You say that like Vince would never recycle a storyline that he thinks worked in the past. :nod:

That doesn't seem in the cards for what they're trying to do. If they wanted to use Lesnar again prior to the return of live crowds, they would have brought him back for the Thunderdome.

I don't think it will happen right away. I also think that Reigns will not go full heel for the next few months despite Heyman trying to get him to do so and eventually Heyman will turn on Reigns and lead Lesnar to another WWE title. And remember - I'm not saying that this is a good idea or even that I like this idea but I do think it sounds like something Vince would do.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You say that like Vince would never recycle a storyline that he thinks worked in the past. :nod:

I don't think it will happen right away. I also think that Reigns will not go full heel for the next few months despite Heyman trying to get him to do so and eventually Heyman will turn on Reigns and lead Lesnar to another WWE title. And remember - I'm not saying that this is a good idea or even that I like this idea but I do think it sounds like something Vince would do.
I think last night showed they intend on going full heel with him. I don’t doubt what you think as a possible end-game eventually but Vince is ripping up scripts on a weekly basis, they have no idea what they’re going to do this week much less have this character arc mapped out a year and a half down the line.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
if Dom wins against Rollins he's just going to be in the Triple Threat to be get pinned so the other two get to look strong.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
God I HATE that intro music that Keith Lee has now.

But other than that, Vince has done a fantastic job of pushing him as a monster competitor. I loved that Orton pinned Rollins over Lee's spirit bomb. I just wish he would relax a little on the promos, speaking like he's teaching a philosophy 101 class.

Reactions: Kaner9

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
God I HATE that intro music that Keith Lee has now.

But other than that, Vince has done a fantastic job of pushing him as a monster competitor. I loved that Orton pinned Rollins over Lee's spirit bomb. I just wish he would relax a little on the promos, speaking like he's teaching a philosophy 101 class.

His matches have looked good yea. I like the speaking hes like Bane or something but I can see that its weird too. Just get the man a new shirt or no shirt and some decent music asap.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
This is the roman we have been asking for since 2014; it took them 6 years to do what everyone in the world knew they had to do...

Amen. I'm all in for it rn. He doesn't e to be evil just a badass.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
It just seems to me that Smackdown which used to be the better wrestling show while Raw was the better entertainment show has been thrown on its ears.

Smackdown seems to have the better storylines, Raw seems to have the better in ring guys.

Retribution is stupid, its just another Nexus invasion by NXT guys. Probably being run by Shane out of underground where he's recruiting.

Ok, I've had about enough of Mysterios kid, its almost like they took a video game character and gave him all the cheat codes. He's looking way too good against Rollins a former multitime champion. At least make him act like a rookie, make some mistakes, panic whatever. A rookie should literally be crapping his pants before going into a steel cage match against a guy like Rollins.

His wrestling is ok, though he's more spot machine then anything, but his facial expressions and his story telling need work.

But he's better then Erik Watts.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stupid babyfaces is one of the reasons why people can't get over so I don't blame them for pushing Dominik, he's been delivering.

Smackdown is going to get all the best ideas because they're Fox, and Vince doesn't want to get bumped to FS1

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It just seems to me that Smackdown which used to be the better wrestling show while Raw was the better entertainment show has been thrown on its ears.

Smackdown seems to have the better storylines, Raw seems to have the better in ring guys.

Retribution is stupid, its just another Nexus invasion by NXT guys. Probably being run by Shane out of underground where he's recruiting.

Ok, I've had about enough of Mysterios kid, its almost like they took a video game character and gave him all the cheat codes. He's looking way too good against Rollins a former multitime champion. At least make him act like a rookie, make some mistakes, panic whatever. A rookie should literally be crapping his pants before going into a steel cage match against a guy like Rollins.

His wrestling is ok, though he's more spot machine then anything, but his facial expressions and his story telling need work.

But he's better then Erik Watts.

Retribution needs to have at least one, maybe even two, bigger established names in order for it to be a success. If it's just a bunch of unknowns or guys from NXT it will fail miserably. Thus far IMO they have been presented like a bunch of young college kids who dress up in black on weekends to go spraypaint graffiti underneath overpasses and bridges.

And what's with their name? Why are they just "Retribution"? Shouldn't they be "The Retribution"? Doesn't that sound better?

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The mannerisms and forced yelling by the Retribution members have been so bad. I can't take them seriously. It's a cool idea but they seem to have put the wrong people in it. I guess Reigns' heel turn is working out but it would have been cool for him to be the guy behind Retribution. Could have still had Heyman as his manager.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Cedric Alexander looks out of place in Hurt Business. I'd rather put Riddick Moss, Titus O'Neil, or Mojo Rawley in it. Or even Bobby Roode, as he seems lost right now. Not sure if he's injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad