WWE: WWE TV - Raw & Smackdown

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by ColePens, Feb 29, 2020.

1. REMINDER: Political Discussion is NOT PERMITTED
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Your right about Smackdown and Raw trading places some. About Dom though... I dunno Im liking it so far. I didn't expect to like it but its been a compelling story and different then everything else. Is he the best guy they got? No but he is ok and getting better.

2. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I don't think that Cedric is comfortable but I like him there better then doing nothing but smiling and doing opening matches or weekend show matches. Titus would be a good fit there I agree seems perfect for him.

Roode is trapped in the hell that anybody attached to Dolph ends up in. I think covid travel is also a problem for him ad keeps him off wwe tv.

3. TNT87 PWR UP

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    They seriously gave them names T-Bar, Mase, and Slap Jack? :facepalm:

The 24/7 segment was so cringe too.

That's what you do with Dabba-Kato?

Kaner9 likes this.
  4. SchwartzBluesFirst ClapTrap the Mistake

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Annoying
    So who was slapjack? I'm kinda blind.

Kaner9 likes this.
  5. BruinDust No More Sweens!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This Retribution angle was bad before last night, now it's just laughable.

They want to destroy the WWE? So they give them contracts? How did they even know they were wrestlers? All they've done is beat up and vandalize the place. Yet there is more of them. Why only the 5 "main members"? And now they have stupid masks and names. I know its sports entertainment but there is zero logic to what they are doing here. Who writes this crap?

Kaner9, David71 and iamjs like this.
  6. TD Charlie Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Nothing about that episode made any sense

7. David71 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    looks like a bunch of banes from batman movies.. terrible.

Kaner9 and BruinDust like this.
  8. BruinDust No More Sweens!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Here's what I don't get about WWE.

They are basically half-pregnant. So on one hand, they have these angles and storylines that are based on realism. For example, the Mysterio family vs. Rollins. Even Raw Underground is meant to portray a more realistic gritty version of pro wrestling.

Then on the other hand, they do these angles and storyline that are so fake, phony and cartoonish that it detracts from everything else. The Retribution angle, which had potential when it started, has been poorly executed and now doesn't make any logical sense. Not to mention they now have stupid masks/names straight out of some comic book. The Fiend character is another example.

It's no wonder the WWE's rating have dropped significantly the past few years. Their product is such a hybrid of previous eras and other TV/entertainment genres that in reality it doesn't appeal to any one target group. It's like "hey we have something for everyone" but no one wants to sit through a 3-hour show for a the one or two 15-min segment that appeals to them.

Kaner9 and David71 like this.
  9. JackSlater Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It's a bizarre mix of tones that are poorly, if at all, connected together. I think that we can safely conclude that WWE believes that the audience wants a realistic, down to Earth show... that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots.

BruinDust likes this.
  10. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Retribution is so cringe :laugh: Its like the NWO if the NWO was Glacier Mortis Yeti and zodiac. And the contract stuff come onnnnnn don't say they have these special contracts to do what they want. Why would wwe give them those when they are nobodies?

I guess this stuff shouldn't be thought about too much :skeptic:

BruinDust and David71 like this.
  11. Megahab Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    What is the storyline reason for WWE giving Retribution contracts? The Raw recap I read and the video of the segment I saw made it seem like there was no real reason. But I don't know if what I saw is only a partial clip.

12. kanuck87 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This retribution angle was so easy and of course, they managed to screw it up. How about a slow reveal? There are 10+ members. Have guys on the RAW roster unmask a couple of them every week. Sprinkle in someone on the main roster in there once in a while to keep the audience tuning in, and then have the last reveal be the leader who is a relatively big name (someone on the upper mid-card, have your pick). Nope, instead we get this garbage that makes less and less sense every week.

BruinDust likes this.
  13. Megahab Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    What's with the shaky camera work for Retribution? What are they going for with that?

14. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I don't think there is one. They invade and now poof they are all signed up. WWE didn't think things through.

15. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    So edgy and grittyyYYYYyyYYYyyyyyy. This stuff ans raw underground I think wwe is taking stuff from moving and throwing it at the wall and seein what works. Course its more cheesy and not so gritty.

16. BruinDust No More Sweens!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I'm still confused on how WWE "officials" even knew these guys were wrestlers.

If we ever doubted that the WWE thinks their fans are complete idiots now we know. They think we are morons.

Kaner9 likes this.
  17. Megahab Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It would have made too much sense to have Retribution simply win a match to earn the contracts.

18. WingsMJN2965 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Kevin Dunn still looking for the Emmy that has eluded him.

Also, shocking that WWE's ANTIFA storyline is getting over like a wet fart. Glad to see I haven't been missing anything.

Kaner9 likes this.
  19. sabremike RIP Walter E Williams: Champion of Liberty

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Interesting thought: Do you realize the most successful invasion angle (and interpromotional angle) in North American wrestling history was probably the ROH-CZW feud (was booked perfectly)?

Kaner9 likes this.
  20. BruinDust No More Sweens!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I'll give T-Bar credit at least he's trying to save the angle on twitter, not that it will work but at least the effort is there. At least he's maintaining kayfabe on Twitter unlike some of these WWE twitter morons who talk about their heel/face turns and admit to the public they typically play video games in their spare time.

I see T-Bar/Mace/Slapjack all I see is Bane, the Predator, and Jason Voohees.

Sad part is, take T-Bar, drop the stupid mask, don't name him Dominik Dja-whatever, keep him as a singles wrestler acting like he is on Twitter and it might actually work. But for a large group, it's non-sensical.

21. kanuck87 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I mean yeah, the whole point was that Retribution was some kind of faction that hasn't been given a fair shake by the company. Why not have them earn their contract by winning a match of some sort? The writing is so lazy, as has been the case for many years now.

Kaner9 likes this.
  22. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Chris Hero :yo:

23. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I never heard hes doing that but he gets a follow :laugh: I respect the hustle of keepin it up online.

BruinDust likes this.
  24. BruinDust No More Sweens!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I don't get the WWE performers basically being themselves on Twitter/Instagram then going out on TV portraying characters. Here you have a platform(s) that are basically zero cost to use, no limit to how much you can use it, has a wide following, etc. Why not use that platform to get your character over. Especially if your not getting time on TV to promote and develop their character. If I was a WWE wrestler I'd be in character every single twitter post I ever made.

KingHollywood likes this.
  25. Kaner9 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think these guys don't wanna get any hate online so they keep things separate. I get it when guys can make some bank down the road like with some twitch or youtube channels but on twitter or insta it would be cool if they stayed in character. Owens doing it all the time when hes heel would be amazing or if heel Alexa did it to rip 0n people. I can't imagine Stone Cold or Rock going on twitter to be buddy buddy with fans and promote stupid crap back at their best. I get why they do what they do but in wrestling you can try to blur the lines a little and that is cool.

I kinda like Orton twitter cause it is pretty much really him being heel :laugh:

BruinDust likes this.